Preview Swans vs The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

For the first part of the season something just wasn't quite clicking. Don't know what, don't know why, but the last two games have seen us get our mojo back. Perfect? No. There is definitely room for improvement.
Most improved: the Chad. Playing more important roles and thriving. Consistent.
Great to see Rowbottom off the leash.
Never imagined I'd see Ollie Florent playing back pocket.
Last year we limped into the bye and our second half kind of reflected that. Not this year!

Here's the fixture for the 2nd half - discuss. Although all games are there to be won - the games against the Saints are going to be especially crucial I feel..

Port v Sydney
Sydney v Saints
* v Sydney
Sydney v Dogs
Freo v Sydney
Sydney v Adelaide
Sydney v Giants
Norf v Sydney
Sydney v Magpies
Saints v Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the fixture for the 2nd half - discuss. Although all games are there to be won - the games against the Saints are going to be especially crucial I feel..

Port v Sydney
Sydney v Saints
* v Sydney
Sydney v Dogs
Freo v Sydney
Sydney v Adelaide
Sydney v Giants
Norf v Sydney
Sydney v Magpies
Saints v Sydney

The team is Sydney and the year is 2022. We could win all of them or we could lose all of them.

Port v Sydney
Sydney v Saints
* v Sydney
Sydney v Dogs
Freo v Sydney
Sydney v Adelaide
Sydney v Giants
Norf v Sydney
Sydney v Magpies
Saints v Sydney
It's not necessarily an easy run of games, but the other teams competing for those last couple of spots in the top four (Geelong, Carlton, Freo, and the Saints) have marginally harder fixtures from here on IMO.

I reckon if we go 7-3 we're a reasonably good chance of making the top 4. The first half of those games will be crucial. If we can achieve a positive ledger across those 5, top 4 is there for the taking.

The team is Sydney and the year is 2022. We could win all of them or we could lose all of them.
We'll probably beat Port, Freo, Saints x 2, and the Dogs, and lose the rest. :straining:

Port v Sydney
Sydney v Saints
* v Sydney
Sydney v Dogs
Freo v Sydney
Sydney v Adelaide
Sydney v Giants
Norf v Sydney
Sydney v Magpies
Saints v Sydney
Freo v Sydney at Optus is still the stuff of nightmares.

Apart from that - Sydney by 60 (in all of ‘em).

Freo v Sydney at Optus is still the stuff of nightmares.

Apart from that - Sydney by 60 (in all of ‘em).
Yeah, we're gonna be so pissed when we only win that Freo game by 8 goals.

the team that played north and the suns compared to last night , hawks second half etc are chalk and cheese at times

one thing we have been good at 90%of the time is playing with dare to go to the corridor and run and play, sometimes too eager to play on if anything . but i’d rather a team dare to win and i think we do that.

Defence has been awful at times , thank god for the mccartin boys

jpk is a worry think he is done sadly but maybe he is sub every week when fit ?

jpk is a worry think he is done sadly but maybe he is sub every week when fit ?
What made JPK work in the Hawks game was he was the sub. No coincidence he looked fresher than anyone else and I think that was what the selectors missed in subsequent weeks. No more experimenting off halfback or on the wing. Depends on if we are in the top 4 race by the end of the H&A season. If we have top 4 locked up, we will likely give him a farewell game. If we are still in the race for top 4, then that’s a hard decision.

I'm pencilling in a loss against GWS. We have gone game for game against them the last 6 times. Neither team has had 2 in a row since 2019.
I'm worried about that one too, but I suspect that they won't have much to play for by then.

Port v Sydney
Sydney v Saints
* v Sydney
Sydney v Dogs
Freo v Sydney
Sydney v Adelaide
Sydney v Giants
Norf v Sydney
Sydney v Magpies
Saints v Sydney
Ah Ticky you do set us interesting problems. A few assumptions.
Ladhams and Buddy stay fit. JPK is finished. Harry is done for the year.
Port we win in a close game.
Saints at home we win in a close game.
Essington we win comfortably
Dogs I fear we lose as we have gotten comfortable and they are desperate for the 8.
Freo we lose at Optus unless Darcy is injured.
Crows, Giants, North we win.
Pies will be a tough one if they are still in contention but home ground, top 4 beckoning we sneak home.
Saints in Melbourne. We will both be in contention for top 4 and it will be one heck of a game unless Paddy Ryder is out. If so, we win.
Definitely making the 8. Is 7-3 good enough to make top 4? We need other games to go our way if so. We have the lowest % other than Carlton so we could finish equal 4th on points but 7th on %.
8-2 would be a lot better.
These last 2 wins have at least put it back on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back