Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree the inter-office fights can get horrific. I think you have to fight though.

Me personally when someone nicks my whiteout and the cupboard is bare it is a no hold rumble to the death to steal one off someone.

******* Hiedi, she always takes extras as well the b*tch. No wonder we always have issues.

And don't get me started on the filing dude. Just file Matt, ffs. No need to run around like a headless chook and pretend. Just do the simple things. Could be a mantra for the mids come to think of it.

Hahaha the highlighters are the worst though! Always the wrong colour!

Uhhh a lot to lose. Could easily see Warner being a passenger as he's held back from his natural role as an on-baller. Our midfield gets smashed at the contest even more so because we have skinny guys like Stephens and McInerney in there. It would not do much for any of their confidence.

The logic for Horse I would presume would be our midfield needs a change up, what fresh face can we bring in?

When I think the problems in our midfield start from the top down. You can shuffle around the players in that #5-6 role in our midfield but it wouldn't solve the real problems.
I think our midfield needs an overhaul. It may well result in either one of Parker or Kennedy not being onballers this year with a view to the future as neither will be anywhere close to our next premiership window.

The coach judging him on his form rather than his promise would go a long way to avoiding that.

That was Rohan's problem - was never held accountable for his poor form.

Agree

That and Lindsay Thomas

I think our midfield needs an overhaul. It may well result in either one of Parker or Kennedy not being onballers this year with a view to the future as neither will be anywhere close to our next premiership window.

Agreed.

However I don't think draftees are the answer.

The solution may lie in what we do with the ones already in the team in peripheral roles to Kennedy and Parker, like Hewett, Florent, Rowbottom, Gray etc.

Stephens: Wow can he find the ball, and he is tough. Great clearance work and running. There is a pretty big development area and that is disposal by foot. He seems to be tentative with passing resulting in endless missed kicks, turnovers and resulting goals to gws. he often brought some great linkage play to a standstill by miss kicks. Going to be a gun when he gets a bit more kicking confidence, and was best for the swans.

Warner: strong and alert to any opportunity. He kicked three, with a couple finishing off some nice linkages. He also suffers from poor disposal by foot, missing targets, but definitely looks the goods.

Gould struggled. His disposal was poor, and other than a great run in the dying minutes that resulted in a goal he was quiet.

What was really apparent is how poor the first years dispose by foot. I guess they need a couple of seasons to get that right.

That account of how poor our boys kicked is mind boggling. I'm close to believing disposal efficiency doesn't matter in the slightest to our recruiters, drafters and coaching staff.

Because he's a cat b rookie or whatever he is?

Should've been promoted last year.

If not Wicks then Foot.

Not sure which one on our list you were taking out to upgrade him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That account of how poor our boys kicked is mind boggling. I'm close to believing disposal efficiency doesn't matter in the slightest to our recruiters, drafters and coaching staff.

Could have been an off day, he was noted as a very good kick off the footy.

Put it this way he should've got a game before Bell

Not saying otherwise, but they weren't in competition really. Ideally we'd have traded Ronke, got rid of Reid and what not then we could have upgraded Wicks.

Agreed.

However I don't think draftees are the answer.

The solution may lie in what we do with the ones already in the team in peripheral roles to Kennedy and Parker, like Hewett, Florent, Rowbottom, Gray etc.
I suspect Rowbottom is the only one Horse has shown any inkling in releasing into the midfield from that list.

I suspect Rowbottom is the only one Horse has shown any inkling in releasing into the midfield from that list.

They are all in the midfield??

I mean the roles they play in there. I've noticed Florent skirts to the outside away from the ball drop, while Rowbottom takes the defensive side of his opponent. It's obvious to anyone who has ever coached or played in a midfield that we set up for either JPK or Parker to be at the ball drop. I would maybe flip that order. Have one of the younger guys given free reign to get first possession, and start having JPK and Parker in the supporting roles around them. Not only would it fast-track their development to be getting experience as the rover getting first hands on it, it would also maybe get the mids to start thinking of themselves as a unit that needs to function together.

Now is also the time to give this responsibility to guys like Florent and Rowbottom because they still have two great leaders of the club in there with them.

Define "worked". Is it a synonym for "absolutely destroyed and nullified any chance of a victory"?

Did we or did we not shark the contests up to half time and at least till 3/4 time. We did well in there. We don’t have to play a ruck

They are all in the midfield??

I mean the roles they play in there. I've noticed Florent skirts to the outside away from the ball drop, while Rowbottom takes the defensive side of his opponent. It's obvious to anyone who has ever coached or played in a midfield that we set up for either JPK or Parker to be at the ball drop. I would maybe flip that order. Have one of the younger guys given free reign to get first possession, and start having JPK and Parker in the supporting roles around them. Not only would it fast-track their development to be getting experience as the rover getting first hands on it, it would also maybe get the mids to start thinking of themselves as a unit that needs to function together.

Now is also the time to give this responsibility to guys like Florent and Rowbottom because they still have two great leaders of the club in there with them.
Yeah agree, Rowbottom, Florent and Warner are the 3 for me. Hopefully we'll have half decent ball users around them that can kick as it is tough watching at the moment.

Yeah agree, Rowbottom, Florent and Warner are the 3 for me. Hopefully we'll have half decent ball users around them that can kick as it is tough watching at the moment.

What we’d do for a Josh Kelly type mid.

I'm still not sure how Warner can be in "the 3" as we've literally not seen anything from him since being drafted, but to each their own.

Did we or did we not shark the contests up to half time and at least till 3/4 time. We did well in there. We don’t have to play a ruck
I saw JPK shark two and then Nic Nat changed from there and we were cut to pieces. I was out the back of Kakadu and the internet was dropping out after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back