Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
If ever there was a time to get Richmond it's now, with Nankervis out they can't fully take advantage of our lack of rucks like Nic Nat did. Possibly no Lynch and Prestia both injured. Houli and Edwards reportedly not going to hub.

Could we cause an upset? Probably not, but I'll stay optimist.

Our best chance at beating Richmond, but they're still a better side so not expecting a win. Think we need to redeem ourselves after the last two performances effort-wise though.

IN - Whichever kid is yet to debut that has form, Brand (if fit?) and McCartin (if fit?)

OUT - Hayward, Clarke, Ronke (Cunningham gets one more chance)

Soldo is going to give us more issues than Nankervis.

NicNat didn't destroy us around the ground, he destroyed us in the ruck with the hitouts. Soldo has better tap work than Nankervis (who Ironically isn't that dissimilar a ruckman from McLean).

From today's SMH:

Meanwhile, both the Swans and GWS Giants are planning to set up reserves games or match simulation sessions against the visiting Victorian teams, who will be based in Sydney over the coming weeks.

Hawthorn and Melbourne are moving into Coogee and Manly respectively this week, with Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast and Brisbane to follow.
So far this year, the Swans and Giants have had little choice but to pit their players not selected for AFL duty against one another each weekend, with the NEAFL canned and interstate travel for anything but league fixtures off the agenda. Now, at least, there is the chance for players on the fringes to take on a different opposition.

Some genuine competition for our magoos is badly needed. We can only benefit from this arrangement.

Based on the extensive write up by Laidler, Bell and Stephens were the pick of those who played in the reserves.

Out: Melican(Ink)
In: Brand (if fit) or Gould (physically he looks ready to go).

Tough game even with Tigers outs they have a list of players with plenty of preseasons.

Swans always a chance to win given the Tigers haven’t been that impressive this year. Their wins have been over the Blues and Demons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens to debut please. That is all I want to see really.

Agree. Others that got drafted around his pick are already playing seniors.

Hope we didnt pick wrong. Ppl can say hes not ready and he needs to develop in 2s but a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tmr.

Agree. Others that got drafted around his pick are already playing seniors.

Hope we didnt pick wrong. Ppl can say hes not ready and he needs to develop in 2s but a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tmr.

He played SANFL seniors last year. Not as if we have to play him as an inside mid day 1. Just ease him in

Still don't see what the point of Warner would be in our side as he comes in as fifth mid. If he ended up playing more forward, I'd rather us just play an actual small forward.

And don't think it would be a good idea to have both Stephens and McInerney in the same midfield either as young twig-like mids.

I come in peace, Sydney. I have a concept for your team called "The Penetration Posse" it involves three players in three positions
to use their rap names Big Willy, JD and the Lizard. Will Gould at Centre Half Back and Jordan Dawson and Nick Blakey on opposite
Wings. Oh and while we are at it try Joel Amartey in the Ruck and switch Aliir back to his more familiar role, providing they are all
fit of course. The interchange should be Ryan Clarke, James Rowbottom, Harry Cunningham and Ben Ronke let us see if Horse can
figure out the rest and one last tip Josh Kennedy starts out of the goal square. Remember TPP "The Penetration Posse".

Still don't see what the point of Warner would be in our side as he comes in as fifth mid. If he ended up playing more forward, I'd rather us just play an actual small forward.

And don't think it would be a good idea to have both Stephens and McInerney in the same midfield either as young twig-like mids.

Look at it the other way though...

What have we got to lose? We aren’t playing finals this year. Both Warner and Stephens were good in the scratch. Time to give one a go. Not saying play both but 1 is fine. I’d play Stephens.

Look at it the other way though...

What have we got to lose? We aren’t playing finals this year. Both Warner and Stephens were good in the scratch. Time to give one a go. Not saying play both but 1 is fine. I’d play Stephens.

Uhhh a lot to lose. Could easily see Warner being a passenger as he's held back from his natural role as an on-baller. Our midfield gets smashed at the contest even more so because we have skinny guys like Stephens and McInerney in there. It would not do much for any of their confidence.

The logic for Horse I would presume would be our midfield needs a change up, what fresh face can we bring in?

When I think the problems in our midfield start from the top down. You can shuffle around the players in that #5-6 role in our midfield but it wouldn't solve the real problems.

Uhhh a lot to lose. Could easily see Warner being a passenger as he's held back from his natural role as an on-baller. Our midfield gets smashed at the contest even more so because we have skinny guys like Stephens and McInerney in there. It would not do much for any of their confidence.

The logic for Horse I would presume would be our midfield needs a change up, what fresh face can we bring in?

When I think the problems in our midfield start from the top down. You can shuffle around the players in that #5-6 role in our midfield but it wouldn't solve the real problems.

We need to get some games into these kids. Where have I said play Stephens as a full on baller? In fact that is my last idea. Play him forward and off a wing. He’s not going to physically be able to play in the middle yet but he can provide some class to our side and heaven knows we need it.

We need to get some games into these kids. Where have I said play Stephens as a full on baller? In fact that is my last idea. Play him forward and off a wing. He’s not going to physically be able to play in the middle yet but he can provide some class to our side and heaven knows we need it.

You can add him to the passenger list then as well. The wing would be his ideal position but then as I said, you have two 19 year olds with twig bodies on both wings. That would achieve nothing except make the midfield struggle even more.

You can add him to the passenger list then as well. The wing would be his ideal position but then as I said, you have two 19 year olds with twig bodies on both wings. That would achieve nothing except make the midfield struggle even more.

At least it improves our side now and beyond. Look at how skinny Gaff was when he debuted didn’t harm him at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back