Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Gosh, I'm actually feeling a little gutted for Wicks, to get such a good game and to be taken over by (I assume) Warner

Spot on he should be playing alongside Warner according to the last feww write ups. May as well pack his bags and go play in the WAFL and put himself in the shop window.
How do you play a guy in the 1s after only his first half decent game in the 2s and where his kick was all over the shop and tentative? Build the kid up THEN put him in.
Hope the kid has a good game obviously but...well - he's not earned it yet.

Warner looks the type that will do fine in the 1s or the 2s. He's going in hard regardless.

So who's out?

Out: Melican (inj), Ronke (inj) ,
IN: Brand, Stephens, Warner

If it's Clarke and not Florent/Blakey/Hayward I'll be even more pissed off at what their selection policy is doing for the culture.

Stoked with Stevens. As some might recall I nominated him as who I wanted at our selection so excited he is making his debut.
Unsure if he is quite ready or not, but he is dynamic and something we have very little of.

Warner seemed a bit of a draft bolter and making his debut this early is perhaps a bit of a surprise! From all reports is an absolute competitor so I am expecting a strong debut.

In reference to Wicks, as I said earlier there are implications around salary cap (considering Covid?), long term injuries lists and the like to consider. In addition there is also other players to consider, say they might really like the look of OConnor, if they commit to Wicks now (to fill Naismiths spot) then that might jeopardise that opportunity (especially given the situation with our talls!).

There is also the chance, that no matter where it is on the ground, that Warner is just the better competitor and/or he has been performing better than Wicks at training and in sims. Let’s not forget that Warner kicked 3 in the most recent hitout (and Stevens was considered close to best).
Do you have an aquarium? Need to check your ph levels

Spot on he should be playing alongside Warner according to the last feww write ups. May as well pack his bags and go play in the WAFL and put himself in the shop window.
How do you play a guy in the 1s after only his first half decent game in the 2s and where his kick was all over the shop and tentative? Build the kid up THEN put him in.
Hope the kid has a good game obviously but...well - he's not earned it yet.

Warner looks the type that will do fine in the 1s or the 2s. He's going in hard regardless.

So who's out?

Out: Melican (inj), Ronke (inj) ,
IN: Brand, Stephens, Warner

If it's Clarke and not Florent/Blakey/Hayward I'll be even more pissed off at what their selection policy is doing for the culture.

Florent??

FFS

Florent??

FFS
His kicking. Send a message. Simple as that really. Anyway it won't be him, or Blakey as he's tall. So I guess that leaves Hayward as the most likely. Might be a shock to him.
Anyway I predict whoever Warner displaces will have a harder job getting back into the team than whoever Stephens does.

If we'd played a full strength Tigers it'd be 100 point loss without a doubt - but we might make a real go of this.

His kicking. Send a message. Simple as that really. Anyway it won't be him, or Blakey as he's tall. So I guess that leaves Hayward as the most likely. Might be a shock to him.
Anyway I predict whoever Warner displaces will have a harder job getting back into the team than whoever Stephens does.

If we'd played a full strength Tigers it'd be 100 point loss without a doubt - but we might make a real go of this.

Better get rid of half the team then if we're getting triggered by kicking

Better get rid of half the team then if we're getting triggered by kicking

well if we dropped florent and everyone with worse disposal efficiency it would be him and lewi taylor

the rest can play

but dropping him is absurd , butchering and all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke was at 93% efficiency last week so I’m not sure disposal efficiency tells the whole story.

It tells you he did his job and well.

Ollie's kicking in the first half was 20 effing %. 20 ! As an inside out player, or straight outside - that is not anything even close to acceptable, it can't even see acceptable from there. Passing that by doesn't get you the kind of culture you want in a footy club.

He's one of our best young players (for better or worse) but it would be great for Ollie and the Swans if the club said "Nuh, we demand more than that."

But they won't. In fact they promoted two new butchers from the ressies last week to the team. 😂

But Ollie and Warner may have a great game against the Tiger reserves so....🤷‍♂️

Whoever is calling for Clarke to be dropped needs to rewatch the match. He won some good ball and kept Gaff quiet. He was our 2nd highest rated player in the match according to the Player Ratings. Sam Gray is the guy that’s proving he’s not up to it and should make way for Warner. Hayward is also starring into the void atm.

Florent had some clangers, but he got the ball consistently and opened the play up for us multiple times. He’s a long way from being dropped.

Hey guys, excuse the intrusion. I'm just stoked Chad Warner is making his debut for you.
Because of him, you have become my number 2 team. He was good mates with my son when I lived in WA.
Ripper kid (young man, sorry) & hope you do well.
Good luck also to Dylan Stephens who was on my most wanted list for the draft, along with Young (who we got).

Hey guys, excuse the intrusion. I'm just stoked Chad Warner is making his debut for you.
Because of him, you have become my number 2 team. He was good mates with my son when I lived in WA.
Ripper kid (young man, sorry) & hope you do well.
Good luck also to Dylan Stephens who was on my most wanted list for the draft, along with Young (who we got).
I've got to know chad a bit since he has been in sydney and he is a fine young guy. Polite, and a happy disposition. Well deserved his start and I hope he goes well.

It tells you he did his job and well.

Ollie's kicking in the first half was 20 effing %. 20 ! As an inside out player, or straight outside - that is not anything even close to acceptable, it can't even see acceptable from there. Passing that by doesn't get you the kind of culture you want in a footy club.

He's one of our best young players (for better or worse) but it would be great for Ollie and the Swans if the club said "Nuh, we demand more than that."

But they won't. In fact they promoted two new butchers from the ressies last week to the team. 😂

But Ollie and Warner may have a great game against the Tiger reserves so....🤷‍♂️
Interestingly Graham Cornes rates Dylan Stephens highly suggesting the Crows should have picked him if they had retained pick 4 last year. He will be watching how Stephens career progresses at the Swans with interest.

I’d rate Cornes view over unsolicited comments about Stephens disposal efficiency on Big Footy.

Interestingly Graham Cornes rates Dylan Stephens highly suggesting the Crows should have picked him if they had retained pick 4 last year. He will be watching how Stephens career progresses at the Swans with interest.

I’d rate Cornes view over unsolicited comments about Stephens disposal efficiency on Big Footy.

Even if he skills aren't perfect, brings other things anyway with poise and awareness something he's known for plus that burst speed which we have ZERO if in our mid. It still is a relatively one paced midfield.

Warner kinda reminds me of a less athletically dynamic Sam Powell-Pepper at the same age. Not a Brownlow medallist by any means, but a midfielder who will fly from contest to contest with explosive energy and put his physical imprint on the contest. I think when he grows fully into his body, he could be a really useful player. Really looking forward to seeing him play.

Warner kinda reminds me of a less athletically dynamic Sam Powell-Pepper at the same age. Not a Brownlow medallist by any means, but a midfielder who will fly from contest to contest with explosive energy and put his physical imprint on the contest. I think when he grows fully into his body, he could be a really useful player. Really looking forward to seeing him play.

He'll be solid every week and you sort of need those players in your side.

Its weird to see other teams seemingly having everyone around the ball and all our players are nowhere to be seen, this happened a fair bit against the footscray and the again last week against west coast, where the eff is everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back