Preview Swans vs Tigers in QLD

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
This might be the smallest team we have fielded in decades.

Only McLean, Allir and Dawson top 190cm

Given the rain forecast, could be not the worst thing.

But yeh, we're a battling side at the moment. I'm just excited to see some of the young guys take on more responsibility and hopefully grow with that. Plus seeing the debutants.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey Swans fans,

How is Will Gould looking in your practice matches? Is he getting close to a call up?

Has anyone actually ever seen Robbie Fox and Dean Towers together in the same place?

Rumour has it that Towers just grew a mo & changed numbers.
Still annoyed we delisted Towers tbh. I was admittedly always one of his biggest supporters on here, but s**t we have much worse players on the list atm.

We're now a month into the season restart, I was lenient in the early weeks because of rust and interruptions and such, but we now really need some of our boys to start hitting their straps. I counted seven Swans who I think have shown any improvement from last year. Seven out of the 25 or so that have featured for us this year. With numbers like that you're not gonna be travelling too well. And as far as preparation goes, we actually have it better than most clubs. We're not hubbing and we're getting plenty of home games.

No real reason more of these guys shouldn't be getting the best out of themselves now. Some are better than what they've shown so far (Rampe, Aliir, Dawson, Hayward) and some are possibly playing for their careers (Ronke, Gray, Fox, COR).

Still annoyed we delisted Towers tbh. I was admittedly always one of his biggest supporters on here, but sh*t we have much worse players on the list atm.

I'm with you on that one, moving on bottom 6 players only works if their replacements are better than them.

So far, I ain't convinced.

Same thing with Marsh would be more than handy right now.

Hindsight is 20/20 though. There were many on here who were saying the list needed a major clean-out and we had to commit to the rebuild etc.

Well a consequence of that is the casualties, like Towers, Marsh etc making way for draftees.

We can't have it both ways.

Hindsight is 20/20 though. There were many on here who were saying the list needed a major clean-out and we had to commit to the rebuild etc.

Well a consequence of that is the casualties, like Towers, Marsh etc making way for draftees.

Mate, if I can win 30 flags in a row in Premiership coach whilst rebuilding through the draft each year why can't we? /s

Legit though the trade system is that game is so broken it'd be a shame not to abuse it

Harsh on McInerney but I guess we needed to be a bit taller... excited for Warner and Stephens though.
McInerney is 187 cm, Stoddart is 186 cm so perhaps defender over a mid.
Disappointed for McInerney :(

Harsh on McInerney but I guess we needed to be a bit taller... excited for Warner and Stephens though.

McInerney is taller than Stoddart, and if we were bringing in Stoddart for reinforcements in defence, I think Fox offers more than Stoddart (or Hayward) there.

Stoddart, Warner and Stephens in

McInerney, Melican and Ronke out

Geez McInerney's stiff. If he was dropped so we could get another game of Hayward offering us nothing in the back half I'll be spewing

Would be a balance choice there I think.

Happy with the inclusion of Stoddart, I rate him.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Would take Marsh and Towers over Brand, Gray and the guy who turned up fat.

We delisted serviceable players and recruited list cloggers so how is that a clean out?

Back