Autopsy Swans vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunningham is a genuinely fantastic user of the ball. It's a shame he isn't doing much else. I think he needs the Towers treatment. Send him to the ressies for a while, play him as an inside midfielder, tell him to forget everything except attacking the ball and tackling hard. He has it in him, he was doing it in his first two years. When he's winning 5-10 clearances per game, bring him back. Doesn't have to be in that role, just need that commitment.

I've got nothing to add about Naismith or Aliir that hasn't been said in previous weeks. They're revelations. They aren't our best players, but when your new guys play at that level, that's what separates otherwise similarly good teams. Yet to see if their games will hold up in the finals, still a lot of unknowns, but they're wonderful and I love them.

XR and Papley were quiet. That's ok. Being able to beat up useless opposition isn't a necessary trait for finals footy, and when they were involved they generally did very good things, and brought others into the game.

Rohan reminds me of Jamie from Outlander. I have a similarly strong man-crush on him.

Tippett looks rusty but is moving well and rucked effectively. Hopefully he's back to his best sometime soon, but as it is he's still a good contributor and will keep defenders and oppositions rucks wary.

Cunningham and Marsh the only possibilities to go out (assuming Naismith doesn't get suspended). Richards and Papley will have quiet games occasionally but they fix up the structure in our forward line and it's obviously working!

Highlight of the day was McGlynn for mine. He will be hungry for a premiership and he is showing it.

I was actually laughing as I watched the highlights. Dungstool was trying so hard to not give us credit.

We obviously just avoided injuries and took a breather in the last 10 minutes. There was nothing to gain by winning by 150, top spot is ours and we have two weeks off.

Don't * it up this time, Swans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just no way xr goes out imo

Jones yeah a good reserves game maybe helps his case
Horse seems to like cunningham
Only reason he came back in team was due to jones injury.

I agree xr should stay but who knows. I never thought towers would get dropped after his past months games.

I was actually laughing as I watched the highlights. Dungstool was trying so hard to not give us credit.

We obviously just avoided injuries and took a breather in the last 10 minutes. There was nothing to gain by winning by 150, top spot is ours and we have two weeks off.

Don't **** it up this time, Swans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we learnt some lessons from 2014, we just have a fantastic opportunity here just 2yrs later and i think we are in even better shape than 2yrs ago.

Cunningham is a genuinely fantastic user of the ball. It's a shame he isn't doing much else. I think he needs the Towers treatment. Send him to the ressies for a while, play him as an inside midfielder, tell him to forget everything except attacking the ball and tackling hard. He has it in him, he was doing it in his first two years. When he's winning 5-10 clearances per game, bring him back. Doesn't have to be in that role, just need that commitment.

I've got nothing to add about Naismith or Aliir that hasn't been said in previous weeks. They're revelations. They aren't our best players, but when your new guys play at that level, that's what separates otherwise similarly good teams. Yet to see if their games will hold up in the finals, still a lot of unknowns, but they're wonderful and I love them.

XR and Papley were quiet. That's ok. Being able to beat up useless opposition isn't a necessary trait for finals footy, and when they were involved they generally did very good things, and brought others into the game.

Rohan reminds me of Jamie from Outlander. I have a similarly strong man-crush on him.

Tippett looks rusty but is moving well and rucked effectively. Hopefully he's back to his best sometime soon, but as it is he's still a good contributor and will keep defenders and oppositions rucks wary.

Cunningham just bombs it because he is scared

Tippett could of had some goals, unhonoured leads at times

They played plenty of young players. Young players who've, generally speaking, done nothing in the VFL.
Listening to Hardwick waffle on about "seeing what some young players can do". Take a deep breath and look at what Sydney have done with its youngsters! Talent + coaching + hard bloody yakka = PERFORMANCE.
Great to see Rance getting a towelling. Sick of watching him rake his studs down players calves. Dusty got possessions but made little impact. Cotchin wouldn't make our best 22. No pressure.
I did hope we would put 200 through them but understand the job was done.
Great home and away guys, now for the tough stuff. We are good enough.

Great win today to finish a great home and away season which has given us an excellent opportunity to win another flag, but a new season starts in two weeks time. That is all.

I'd like to keep Marsh, especially if we're playing GWS because we'll need another tall-ish player. Against the cokers it doesn't matter because they're not that tall and we can get away without him.

To be fair to him, he was pretty good. Crappy though was ordinary at best and I think he's going to struggle to hold his position with Mills coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Last game of the home and away season over... always a little bit sad :$ ... but what a way to go!!

2. Buddy, you're a legend!

3. Benny... I can't remember you ever kicking a bag before, but if you did it was a long time ago! What a time to pull out the stops, I really hope you get a shot at the medal!

4. Those last three Tiger goals... they were just lucky that we had pulled our some of our starts! Our bench was Buddy, Tippet, Heeney and Rohan, and none of them returned, so the rest of the team played without rotations for almost the full quarter!

Minor Premiers, best percentage ever, and thrashing Richmond, what a great way to finish the season... let the finals begin!!

Didn't get to watch the game, but by the stats it looks like my faith in McGlynn eventually paid off.

Can't see him getting dropped after 5 goals.

Selection headaches coming which is a good thing.

Possible outs Richards Cunningham Marsh
Definate in Mills
Possible ins Towers Jones

If everyone fit my preference is

In Mills Jones
Out Cunningham Marsh (unlucky)
Pretty certain Mills will come in for Marsh. He was OK but a little rusty. Not cherry ripe for a final.
Reckon Cunningham will stay. Jones hasn't played for yonks. Can't see Towers back in unless there's an injury.
Nankervis in if Naismith s*******d.

Tippett put in heaps of second and third efforts. As you say, rusty but building.

Looking at the ladder this year, there was only ONE week all season where we were outside the top 4.

That was after R17 vs Hawthorn.

Buddy's 7 goals took him to 780 career goals.

Overtook KB on 778 goals to jump to 12th all-time VFL/AFL.

20 goals behind Richo on 800.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back