Autopsy Swans vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Who for?

If we roll on and say win a flag you then turn around to XR and throw him out for a player who has never peformed at his current output

Could play forward or back, depends on where the coaches wanted him. It's no secret how incredibly highly he's rated internally and there's obviously good reason for that.

I respectfully disagree but let's say even if he is better than Xavier, his body will never allow him to stay on the field for as long as we want.

Well yeh that's the issue but plenty of players have come back from much worse than Sam.

I respectfully disagree but let's say even if he is better than Xavier, his body will never allow him to stay on the field for as long as we want.

Despite missing a whole year and despite the fact he is overpaid surely he still would attract interest

Id rather ditch Reid to help keep a guy like mitchell than continue to wait for him to develop

Wish we traded him a few years ago in hindsight

I haven't seen any footage of it yet? Should we be worried?
Happened in front of where I was sitting, looked like a sling tackle without holding on. Naismith is so tall that he threw Houli to the ground from some height and he looked pretty dazed. Im pretty sure Cotchin punched Hanneberry in the head just before that incident too.

OUT: Lloyd
IN: Mills

Lloyd with 3 turnovers under no pressure which led directly to 3 Richmond goals. This clown will cost us a flag if we don't act decisively. Cunningham also near the edge of the cliff, needs to lift his game. Tippo a little anonymous but to be expected given the layoff.

Everyone else - virtually flawless.

There is approximately zero chance of Jake Lloyd being dropped, despite some uncharacteristic turnovers yesterday.

Well yeh that's the issue but plenty of players have come back from much worse than Sam.
Think the biggest problem with Reid is that he doesn't get injured whilst getting hit hard i.e. by throwing himself into a contest or whatever but rather it is soft tissue injuries that are just so obnoxious and by the looks of it ain't going to get better for him anytime soon.

Could play forward or back, depends on where the coaches wanted him. It's no secret how incredibly highly he's rated internally and there's obviously good reason for that.

Cant argue with how highly he is rated internally at all.
I think right now we could still get overs, perfect trade option

Despite missing a whole year and despite the fact he is overpaid surely he still would attract interest

Id rather ditch Reid to help keep a guy like mitchell than continue to wait for him to develop

Wish we traded him a few years ago in hindsight

Ditch a potential key position gun for an accumulating inside mid? Surely you jest good sir.

Think the biggest problem with Reid is that he doesn't get injured whilst getting hit hard i.e. by throwing himself into a contest or whatever but rather it is soft tissue injuries that are just so obnoxious and by the looks of it ain't going to get better for him anytime soon.

He just does not get the ball, mainly beats up on minnows
When he does get it he cant kick

Ditch a potential key position gun for an accumulating inside mid? Surely you jest good sir.

Potential gun?
He is just a good player at best, no different to white and others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential gun?
He is just a good player at best, no different to white and others

He's shown that he can play CHF, CHB and even through the midfield, the only position he has been terrible at is in the ruck. The only reason I'd happily see him traded is if our doctors don't think he is ever going to be able to string games together consistently.

There is approximately zero chance of Jake Lloyd being dropped, despite some uncharacteristic turnovers yesterday.
Lloyd's very important in terms of setting up our attack and getting the ball moving forward. He's prone to make errors every now and again, but contributes to the team.

Offers a lot more than cunningham and would certaily keep his spot ahead of him.

He's shown that he can play CHF, CHB and even through the midfield, the only position he has been terrible at is in the ruck. The only reason I'd happily see him traded is if our doctors don't think he is ever going to be able to string games together consistently.

It's a fair topic for discussion. Reid is an upgrade, but teams rely on their players getting on the park for consistency and team synergy. Would be a big call to suggest he'll one day leave his injury woes behind him.

I just saw a replay of Naismith's tackle on Houli. I reckon he might be in some trouble for the first final.

Not so sure. He didn't actually drive him downwards. Houli pretty much gets turned in the tackle and dropped. Naismith didn't even really lift him either.

Houli didn't help his plight by trying to keep high in the contact to release his arms for a handpass.

The ones you really worry about are where a player pins an opponent and then lifts them and drives them into the ground.

Looks to me like Houli jumped into his arms trying to keep his arms free, Sam turns him. But then just lets him go.

Demands a review. But I think the intent just wasn't there.

Mate imo he hasnt shown he can play consistently in any spot

Intent is difficult to judge. leaves a lot of discretionary power with the MRP members. Red and white guernseys could suggest intent.

And isn't it wonderful to finally see Gary Rohan fulfilling his potential!

Intent for me pretty much means completing a tackle and showing no regard for whether the opponent is put at risk in the process.

It's the same driving somone into the fence. If the tackler slows up and trys to reduce the impact he's less culpable than if he simply slams him into the fence.

It's why that Hodge hip and shoulder into the goal post was so disgusting. There is NO evidence he didn't want the guy to get hurt.

It's also why sling tackles are so heinous. The tackler has to literally want to slam his opponent into the ground to complete the tackle for it to 'become' a sling tackle.

Naismith clearly didn't finish Houli off. Must get off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back