Prediction Swanstradamus- 2024 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is an opportunity for us to have a crack at some predictions for 2024.

1. Where will we finish on the ladder at the end of the H&A?

2. Who will be Premier?

3. Who will be Top 3 in the BnF?

4. Which Swan has a big breakout year?

5. Our leading goal kicker and number of goals?

6. Who wins the Brownlow?

7. Estimate our free kick differential?

8. Our final membership number for 2024 will be _ _ _?

2. Who will be Premier?

1. 2nd. Very, very bullish on this year especially if we do not have the injury problems we had at the start of 2023

2. Swans - think we are legit in with a very good shout. If not, reckon the lions will have a fire in their belly

3. Errol, Warner, Blakey

4.Campbell - been teasing what he can do. Really want him on the wing/HFF this year.

5. Logan with 42 sausage rolls.

6. Bontempelli

7. - 21

8. 69,451

Additional points:

• GC to play finals in 2024
  • Carlton to have a similar year to this year but get elimintated in the first or second week of finals
  • Pies to regress a bit, not sure if they will have the hunger after the prelim lose and then gf win
  • Tigers bottom 4
  • Hawks to cause some headaches for top 8 teams

2. Who will be Premier?

1. I am very confident about this year. If our coaches can contain their incessant need to.bomb into the forward line we will win plenty.

I think this is a purrfect opportunity for our tall forwards to step up. This year there is no Buddy from the beginning, so they will not be coaching a game that includes him. If they can all stay fit our forwards could be extremely dangerous.

Prediction: 1st -4th

2. Hopefully us.

3. I think there will be some changes. Last season we saw Errol move up. Errol, Chad, Adams Parker & Pap's in GHD mix

4. Sheldrick or Amartey

5. McDonald,Papley or Amartey

6. Errol

7. About -100

8. 70,000

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

2. Who will be Premier?

1. Third

2. Swans - just like the players, I think we can do it every year! We probably have the depth to convince outsiders this time around though.

3. Gulden, Adams, Rowbottom

4. Braeden Campbell is my first pick with Logan and Sheldrick losing out due to the higher probability of other players stealing their thunder in their general positions.

5. Heeney if they play him near exclusively as a forward (52) or Logan McDonald (44) if the former has his magnet moved all around the board.

6. Bontempelli - robbed last year and I don't think Liberatore will steal as many votes off him this time around. Also, if you think there's an agenda at play, I don't think Lachie Neale will be given the opportunity to win a third Brownlow because his play doesn't warrant the honour of being in such rarefied air.

7. Our average the last 5 years is about -25 so in tribute of Buddy I'm going to say -23.

8. 70,383 - Happy 150th everyone!

My bonus questions:

9. Who is going to have down year?
- Luke Parker as he adjusts to Taylor Adams replacing his role in the side.

10. Who will be the leading whipping boy on BF this year?
- Heeney if he doesn't perform.

Last edited:
1. 2nd. Very, very bullish on this year especially if we do not have the injury problems we had at the start of 2023

2. Swans - think we are legit in with a very good shout. If not, reckon the lions will have a fire in their belly

3. Errol, Warner, Blakey

4.Campbell - been teasing what he can do. Really want him on the wing/HFF this year.

5. Logan with 42 sausage rolls.

6. Bontempelli

7. - 21

8. 69,451

Additional points:

• GC to play finals in 2024
  • Carlton to have a similar year to this year but get elimintated in the first or second week of finals
  • Pies to regress a bit, not sure if they will have the hunger after the prelim lose and then gf win
  • Tigers bottom 4
  • Hawks to cause some headaches for top 8 teams
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Just an addendum to your additional points;
Carlton to have a similar year to this year but get elimintated in the first or second week of finals, as they should have been in 2023.

3rd
Sydney get up over GWS in the battle for the Premiership - The umpires won't know who to shaft
Warner, Errol, Rowbottom
Amartey (special mention Cambell, Sheldrick)
Top goal kickers Amartey 47, McDonald 41, Heeney 38, Papley 37, McLean 32, Reid 30, Hayward 28
Errol ties Brownlow with N.Daicos

1. Where will we finish on the ladder at the end of the H&A? Third

2. Who will be Premier? Us

3. Who will be Top 3 in the BnF? Errol, Blakey, Grundy

4. Which Swan has a big breakout year? Chad & TMac to enter the hall of elites

5. Our leading goal kicker and number of goals? Papley 43

6. Who wins the Brownlow? Daicos or Errol

7. Estimate our free kick differential? - 55

8. Our final membership number for 2024 will be _ _ _? 70,000

2. Who will be Premier?

5th
Geelong
Gulden, Parker, Warner
Sheldrick
Heeney 44
Daicos
Are we ever in the positive?

1. Fifth
2. Carlton (!)
3. Lizard, Errol, Lloyd
4. Gus
5. Logan 48
6. Touk Miller
7. Minus 44
8. 73002

In regards Slingshot Footy bonus questions:

9. McLean - will struggle to live up to newfound expectations.

10. Mills - with every loss, the board will quickly blame his absence.

1. Where will we finish on the ladder at the end of the H&A? 3rd

2. Who will be Premier? Swans

3. Who will be Top 3 in the BnF? Gulden, Warner, Grundy

4. Which Swan has a big breakout year? McDonald & Campbell

5. Our leading goal kicker and number of goals? McDonald, Amartey, Paps, Heeney all to kick 40+

6. Who wins the Brownlow? Warner

7. Estimate our free kick differential? -87

8. Our final membership number for 2024 will be _ _ _? 75 001

1. Where will we finish on the ladder at the end of the H&A? 3rd

2. Who will be Premier? Brisbane

3. Who will be Top 3 in the BnF? Gulden, Grundy, Blakey

4. Which Swan has a big breakout year? McDonald

5. Our leading goal kicker and number of goals? McDonald 45

6. Who wins the Brownlow? Gulden

7. Estimate our free kick differential? -17

1. Where will we finish on the ladder at the end of the H&A? 4th
2. Who will be Premier? Swans
3. Who will be Top 3 in the BnF? Gulden, Grundy, Warner
4. Which Swan has a big breakout year? McDonald
5. Our leading goal kicker and number of goals? McDonald with 58 goals.
6. Who wins the Brownlow? Bontempelli
7. Estimate our free kick differential? -40
8. Our final membership number for 2024 will be _ _ _? 69,420

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I am very confident about this year. If our coaches can contain their incessant need to.bomb into the forward line we will win plenty.

I think this is a purrfect opportunity for our tall forwards to step up. This year there is no Buddy from the beginning, so they will not be coaching a game that includes him. If they can all stay fit our forwards could be extremely dangerous.

Prediction: 1st -4th

2. Hopefully us.

3. I think there will be some changes. Last season we saw Errol move up. Errol, Chad, Adams Parker & Pap's in GHD mix

4. Sheldrick or Amartey

5. McDonald,Papley or Amartey

6. Errol

7. About -100

8. 70,000

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
That bombing into the forward line is all players mate. One only has to look at Horses face in the box to know that one.

That bombing into the forward line is all players mate. One only has to look at Horses face in the box to know that one.
Whaat? You say it's only our players who are kicking it long? Is that true? I swear I saw Horse bombing it long into the forward line.....or did I dream it?:think:

Sorry, I was thinking of Tom Mitchell. I could never tell him and Horse apart. They're so alike, they could be brothers.

Whaat? You say it's only our players who are kicking it long? Is that true? I swear I saw Horse bombing it long into the forward line.....or did I dream it?:think:

Sorry, I was thinking of Tom Mitchell. I could never tell him and Horse apart. They're so alike, they could be brothers.

Mitchell does his job on Grand final day

Our year comes down to the forwards, if Heeney, Papley, Hayward and the 3 talls deliver we could roll through the comp. The team should be top 4 . If not goodbye Horse
Goodbye Horse? Don't forget there are 17 other teams trying to stop us making top four.

Personally I think we will finish top four, maybe even go all the way, but we can't expect too much from our inexperienced key forwards. When we began 2024 they had 125 games between them, McDonald 44, McLean 53 and Amartey 28 games. Together they'd played 2/3 of the number Sam Reid has managed or about 1/3 of Buddy's games.

I'm not sure a lot of Swans fan appreciate how much experience we've lost without Buddy and Reid, or how little experience our talls have. This is their first post buddy season. Last year was McLean's first full year as he continues to play as a forward/ruck and marking target - akin to Reid's role. McDonald has also played just one full season (20 games). Amartey hasn't played a full season yet, but he played 15 games last year, which was his first season of more than six games. There is no group of talls in the AFL with less experience than ours. Heck, the media talked about Melbourne's goal-kicking woes but even Bayley Fritsch began 2024 with more games than our three talls combined.

I'm hoping our three talls gel as the season rolls on. Early signs are encouraging, especially if Amartey can increase his tank, but realistically, our ladder position is going to come down to making use of a whole spread of goal-kickers to support our talls. We're seeing some signs of that. In five games we've had 17 different goal kickers. No team in the top eight have had more. We had ten different goal-kickers on the weekend, five kicked two goals and five kicked one. It's great to have a big target inside 50 demanding the ball, if they can kick a big score, but a big spread of goal-kickers is pretty hard to defend against.

Totals after five games

11 McDonald
8 Heeney
7 Amartey/Hayward/Papley/Warner
6 McLean
5 Gulden
4 Fox (off four games)

While our key forwards are getting up to speed our mids will need to continue to get forward and kick goals. Parker and Adams will play some time forward this year, Heeney will probably stay mainly midfield but he can quickly impact forward. I don't think we need to rely on our talls to kick a big score but gee it'd be good if they can find some good form come finals time. The reality is, it's a bloody long season. Ladhams, Reid, Buller or Francis will need to take some of the load off them at some stage, just to give them a break.

I'd like to see Papley kick a few more, though it was good to see more tackling pressure against WC after the complete lack of forward pressure against the Tigers. It'd be good to see Grundy snag a few goals too. We haven't seen any real forward presence from him yet.

Goodbye Horse? Don't forget there are 17 other teams trying to stop us making top four.

Yep and every other team bar 1 has changed coaches during the time Longmire has been given, so goodbye horse is flippant , tongue in cheek, he either delivers or goes end of the current contract, get fresh ideas in

I don't remember Owl growling at Poo all the time 🤣
I'm every little girls favourite Winnie the Pooh character so I absolutely ❤️ the analogy!

Aaaand I love the mental image of Eeyore (Punts) grumbling away at the television and bashing away on his phone as he bemoans everything that's wrong with our team 😂

Eeyore is a risk averse pessimist, who worries that the glass will be half empty and might get knocked over.

Punts seems more of a "glass is empty, we're out of milk, smash the glass and slash whoever was supposed to buy milk" kinda guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back