Opinion Sweet 16 - Pies for the Flag in 2019, (According to a Cats Supporter and Jmac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your boys are going all the way this year. I've got a great feeling about the Maggies chances in 2019 and on the back of such an exciting, stirring, and exhilarating finals campaign which you came oh so short, you're poised to make amends imo. De Goey will announce himself as the best player in the comp { or most damaging and effective } Cox will become an ALL-Australian Ruckmen/Forward and with the addition of Beams to aid Sidebottom and co, Collingwood won't be stopped. Adams, Thomas, Stevenson, Phillips, Maynard, more young gun talent. Treloar is another weapon amongst many which the Black and White Army yield. You've got it all, the core, the maturity, the talent coming through and ready to roar, and you've got the burning hunger which left you starving a year before in 2018.

Bucks will finally get his premiership medal. Pies will do it against Old Rival Melbourne. Pretty good way to win Sweet 16.

Can i have next week's Lotto numbers please.

Wasn't sure where to post this but makes an interesting read:

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/01/07/ifsbutspies
Always love read the themongrelpunt.
Can't disagree with the article but they haven't touched on our new recruits like IQ. Or a Roughead. To get more out of Brown and Daicos, we gotta play them. And seriously, bar injuries, with our current line up, they must be knocking the house down in the VFL to get a look even at the reserves.

It's funny how often I'm seeing this as a prediction in various places.

Collingwood vs Melbourne Grand Final with Collingwood to win.

Not sure why, but yeah, I see it a lot.
Its because a lot of our best players last season are young and Melbourne have a young team and people think development/growth is linear... which its not (see how we got to a GF before Melbourne and the Giants)

Our rise from 2005 to the 2010 flag and Hawthorns rise from 2004 to 2008 are examples of the growth people expect to see in every young team, which doesn’t happen (see Carlton’s last few decades)

Always love read the themongrelpunt.
Can't disagree with the article but they haven't touched on our new recruits like IQ. Or a Roughead. To get more out of Brown and Daicos, we gotta play them. And seriously, bar injuries, with our current line up, they must be knocking the house down in the VFL to get a look even at the reserves.

Realistically, IQ and Roughhead are probably going to have very little impact on 2020.

Realistically, IQ and Roughhead are probably going to have very little impact on 2020.
Did you mean 2019 or 2020? Either way I can understand Roughead but Quaynor? As a first round draft pick and at his body size he could jump straight in and have an impact, especially as a small lockdown defender. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him all through the JLT then debuting in round 1.

Did you mean 2019 or 2020? Either way I can understand Roughead but Quaynor? As a first round draft pick and at his body size he could jump straight in and have an impact, especially as a small lockdown defender. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him all through the JLT then debuting in round 1.

I've been bullish on Quaynor from the moment we grabbed him (technically earlier given we all knew we were taking him a while back)

To the point where I'll be surprised if he's not in the side Round 1. He fills a very real need for us and given his body looks 100% ready for senior football, I don't see why he doesn't play straight away.

If gangly Stevo could do it, I don't see how Isaac doesn't.

I've been bullish on Quaynor from the moment we grabbed him (technically earlier given we all knew we were taking him a while back)

To the point where I'll be surprised if he's not in the side Round 1. He fills a very real need for us and given his body looks 100% ready for senior football, I don't see why he doesn't play straight away.

If gangly Stevo could do it, I don't see how Isaac doesn't.
Really depends on who is available.
Who he compete with for a spot?

He won’t push out, you’d think, Maynard, Howe, Langdon, Crisp so spots would be tight on the flanks.

With Stephenson, the huge difference was Stephenson has that elan and X factor that gets and makes goals.
Not quite what Quaynor brings you’d think.

But it would be sensational if our IQ becomes a genius down back.

Last edited:
I saw what you did there.

The butsandifs don't do realistically.
IQ adds another dimension. We had good leg speed in the midfield and fwd line but lacked that up to a certain point in the back. ( Enough bad speed apparently)
Roughead adds more depth and can address some of the list issues we had in 2018 , even if Moore doesn't deliver.

Who he compete with for a spot?

He won’t push out, you’d think, Maynard, Howe, Langdon, Crisp so spots would be tight on the flanks.

With Stephenson, the huge difference was Stephenson has that elan and X factor that gets and makes goals.
Not quite what Quaynor brings you’d think.

Probably better I don't get anyone in here riled up with who I'd drop for Quaynor.

Suffice to say we have at least 2 options for omissions/shifting of places to get Isaac in. Comfortably.

Probably better I don't get anyone in here riled up with who I'd drop for Quaynor.

Suffice to say we have at least 2 options for omissions/shifting of places to get Isaac in. Comfortably.
Not that you have riled up the masses before

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have pace and skill to burn, but I still reckon the KPP's are a slight weakness. Could still win the flag though.

The rules changes are going to make things interesting for the pies.

Not necessarily the most skillful side, it's the swarm and spread that's executed by deliberate structure that is most damaging. The 6-6-6 rule will have minimal impact on pressure teams like Coll, Rich and Melb.

Your boys are going all the way this year. I've got a great feeling about the Maggies chances in 2019 and on the back of such an exciting, stirring, and exhilarating finals campaign which you came oh so short, you're poised to make amends imo. De Goey will announce himself as the best player in the comp { or most damaging and effective } Cox will become an ALL-Australian Ruckmen/Forward and with the addition of Beams to aid Sidebottom and co, Collingwood won't be stopped. Adams, Thomas, Stevenson, Phillips, Maynard, more young gun talent. Treloar is another weapon amongst many which the Black and White Army yield. You've got it all, the core, the maturity, the talent coming through and ready to roar, and you've got the burning hunger which left you starving a year before in 2018.

Bucks will finally get his premiership medal. Pies will do it against Old Rival Melbourne. Pretty good way to win Sweet 16.

We win GF's by weight of numbers Macpotata

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/15-2-27-when-will-the-damn-wall-burst.1211523/

Imagine how huge a pies v dees GF would be, just as big as v Richmond. Either one would be perfect.

Not the first geelong supporter who has been optimistic about us lately. It's just everyone else with a boot in their backside. LOL

Tigers GF be lot bigger then vs the Dees.

We not been Big Rivals since the 60's

Don't Rule out Roughead

Don't Rule out Roughead
Terrific attitude, terrific trainer, terrific person.

To me he’s there for solid depth, has real deal premiership experience.
He may add something but if not he’ll be pushing his team mates from the sidelines.

Good character is always valuable.

Yeah, and we hate richmond more currently lol
I think you will find they hate us more then vice versa. They are still hurting from the PF . We always thought they were arrogant flogs and since their recent flag they have proven that in abundance, so I don't hate them particularly more then previously.
I don't think they will get to the GF even. Lots of promise but I have to yet see first how they bounce back from last year. Premiership windows usually don't last 3 full years.

Indeed. Haven't we given enough to the Dees on Queens birthday the last 20? years.
Understand.
But don’t you think the Dees will use a Pies v Dees GF as another “big Freeze” opportunity?
We always go in as the hated enemy in any GF, but the hyperbole around this match up, at this time, will be extreme.

When you win the flag, I want a nice slice of humble pie:)

And You're all going to owe me a pretty big favour.

rocko.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back