Opinion Sweet 16 - Pies for the Flag in 2019, (According to a Cats Supporter and Jmac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreme Pie

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
One would rightly assume that we're not in top gear or not even 2nd top. There is much much more potential in the system we have and the players to ply it. Only the naive or arrogant would believe otherwise.

It's the exception to the rule that a team dominates season long and holds form for the whole 27 weeks, question is can we hit top gear at the right time of year and until then can we continue banking the 4 points to get to a position required to challenge for the cup?

Well the answer is we can but the real question is will we? Can only speculate.

Last team to dominate the season, and win was Essendon if 2000? Most other premiers since then had a timely run, managing players, a bit of luck, and masterful coaching.

We certainly ain’t in top gear right now. I’d rather us have a bit of slump now, learn some lessons, and charge home.
It’s a long season, and timing is everything.

Geelong do look good at the moment though
Clearly favourites for the flag right now. Smashed both the eagles & tigers & beat us. The only blemish for the season is a narrow loss to GWS. Their draw has been tough opposing many of last years top teams, yet they sit at 11-1. Will finish top & have had a great run with injuries. If that continues they will take a power of beating come September.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cats red hot flag favourites....at the moment. They have little to no injuries and a dream run for the remainder of the season. Will finish 3-4 games clear on top.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong are gonna win this year, I'd say. Unless they suffer injuried like us.

Ablett is their equivalent to our Wells.
Mitch Duncan -- Beams.
Gary Rohan -- Jamie Elliot.
Stewart -- Langdon.

Take those out and we're back to a level playing field.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
I bet the belief will be as as strong as ever now.

Much like your fear I imagine, I watched you lose 5 Grand Finals in 2 decades before you got Dean the weapon Robinson down there in daily contact with Stephen Dank, all I'm sure of is you will choke, could be us, could be GWS, could be Tiges or Eagles, but warm the handbags up and grab a tissue ;)

Last edited:
I don't think it's appropriate for a supporter of an opposition club competing with us in the finals to be playing this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back