Media Sweet F.A: A New Era

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
LC5NuoY.png

In 2012, the league saw a change in its branding. After much deliberation, the league settled on a design by Speck which incorporated many aspects of the league. Over the last 5 years, particularly the last few there has been the odd comment every now and again about how the logo should be revamped, and even before becoming the leagues Administrator, it was certainly on my agenda to push.

The old logo is great and will go down as a classic. However, it is now 2017 and we need a more modernized look to the league to attract new faces and sponsors to our great league.

After seeing the efforts put into the re-brand of the Mount Buller Demons by FJGD board superstar fancyscum, I approached him to come up with a design that is current, simple and will work with other graphics. He nailed it.

Here is what he had to say about the logo:

After frustratingly trying to trace the old Sweet FA logo to place on the new Mt. Buller Demons jumper, I thought that the league could do with a rebrand. This is why I was more than happy to help out when approached by Hate to come up with a new SFA logo. After reading up a bit on the league and discovering the long standing community I knew I needed to still capture some of the past in a new contemporary football badge design.

The new logo centres around a stylised S surrounded by the 'crosshairs' from the old logo in a more compact circle shape. The colours also see a slight modification with the grass green and medium blue replaced with a more energetic turquoise and lime. The new SFA type has more punch and impact than its predecessor with a flow through the letters that makes them recognisable in their own right.

At the end of this all though, it has been a real privilege to work on this project for such a massive part of this site, and I can't wait to hopefully see the new logo on as many guernseys as possible next season.

Here is the logo:

stJMyUI.png

It was imperative to me that the logo incorporated some of the classic Sweet FA logo we have come to know. This second image is fantastic for team kits, while the banner logo up top is great for all around general use. In order to keep some of the old, I requested that we keep the outer cross hair and the text from the simulator in the logo.

If you look closely in the banner logo, you will notice the text in the background of the logo. With the passing of Fred, I wanted to honour him in some way for his contributions to the league and what I came up with was to include a passage of play in which he was doing what he did best, kicking goals. Fred was incredible for this league, so I felt this was an appropriate way to honour him. The text from that goal is from is when he put through his 600th goal.

The logo can be... changed to suit each club. Captains will be urged to seek new kits, or replace the logo on their current kits. I will provide more information and images in the committee for captains.

Here is the logo on the new Mount Buller Demons kit:

4MKzx9L.png

I can't thank fancyscum enough for his efforts and time spent on these graphics.

Throughout the season you will see various graphics appears that have been made by based on this logo. Heritage Round will feature a logo in which clubs can put on their jumpers. Grand Final teams will also have a special badge for their game day jumpers. A Finals Series logo. My favourite, is that the All-SFA Team will be presented with their own kit on the Mobbenfuhrer Medal night.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Kids get really cranky late at night, time for some warm milk and bed Haro.

Excellent stuff :thumbsu:
I'm not in the country, so no, I won't be going to bed.

Funnily enough, I like to relax myself with some classic literature before bed, and lately I've been enjoying some of your match thread posts alongside some Tolstoy. Perfect combination for a good nights rest.

I'm not in the country, so no, I won't be going to bed.

Funnily enough, I like to relax myself with some classic literature before bed, and lately I've been enjoying some of your match thread posts alongside some Tolstoy. Perfect combination for a good nights rest.

Huh. Me too. I guess we're not so different...

10-celebrities-you-didnt-expect-see-playboy-magazine_235079.jpg

Back