Rules Sweet F.A - Season 25 Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Horses for courses I guess. It seems to appeal to a select group. The JWS stuff was excellent.
A point we have covered after the exposé on the Dragons posting ability and/or captaincy. What’s clear are there are distinctly different sub groups on here with vastly different types of banter/humour they find amusing.

In this instance I do agree the decision to essentially have a 1 match loan is a poor one. Doubt it gets reversed now. That being said not one teamsheet has been posted yet let alone proof read or simmed so it hasn’t affected anything as of now.
Important point. There's so many reasons this 'joke trade' is wrong, I'm finding it hard to find humour in any of it.
Hopefully one bad apple (chore) doesn’t ruin the bunch. On the whole an enjoyable punishment scheme.

Which rule has been relaxed? o_O
I'm talking about team sheet errors, things like capitalization, small errors etc. As I said in the committee pre season I do agree that that those tiny things wern't worth captains missing games over and we had to be careful of creating grey areas. I think this is a perfect example of things being allowed to go too far.

I'm talking about team sheet errors, things like capitalization, small errors etc. As I said in the committee pre season I do agree that that those tiny things wern't worth captains missing games over and we had to be careful of creating grey areas. I think this is a perfect example of things being allowed to go too far.
Has it caused controversy in the league? Created a discussion about player movement rules? Caused people to melt all over the board?

I call it a raging success.

Has it caused controversy in the league? Created a discussion about player movement rules? Caused people to melt all over the board?

People voicing their opinion isn't melting.
And yea nah this aint the way to create good discussion, no good can come from it.

I sincerely don't get this mindset. The league has been at its best in a long time this season and that is mostly to do with the fact we removed a person whose sole interest in the league was causing controversy and melts. Your stance here comes across a little detrimental. The last big instance of purposeful controversy was a boycott that saw two captains with two season disrepute suspended sentences handed to them. And the last time the player movement rules were manipulated for fun another poster got a two season disrepute suspended sentence. I sincerely hope we're not slipping back into this sort of environment.

The last time I used a similar argument about causing controversy and creating activity (90+ page thread) and launching melts I copped an 8 week suspended sentence :p

Edit - I didn't see Filthy's post in time.

I always thought the rule was once you can't change clubs week to week even if the captains allowed it just because it's not in the spirit of the rule and the admin would block it.

If the admin is complicit in such behaviour we're opening Pandora's box.

If one is allowed, everybody is allowed. Cloud_

Could this be the return of peak Juggs? He does have a point Cloud_

All the s**t Hate, and by extension BC members, copped last season from certain factions of this league makes all of this rather farcical / hypocritical / laughable. And that's not even taking into account the Bombers fiasco etc etc. But hey, if they want to deliberately and actually attack the fabric of the SFA, all of the power to them.

Last edited:
“It’s a one off thing”
“It’s creating discussion”
“No rules being broken”

You can’t throw the structure of the League out the window just for a few cheap lulz.
I’m just sitting here shaking my head.

“It’s a one off thing”
“No rules being broken”

You can’t throw the structure of the League out the window just for a few cheap lulz.
Bit out of character really. You'd hope it won't effect their standing in the league :)

Bit out of character really. You'd hope it won't effect their standing in the league :)
I’m not interested in tit for tat or who did what to who before, this is just wrong no matter which way you look at it, as a stand alone case. This is 10 times worse than being a flog or disrupting the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It’s a one off thing”
“No rules being broken”

I'v always wanted a Wooshette wobblehead :D

this is just wrong no matter which way you look at it, as a stand alone case. This is 10 times worse than being a flog or disrupting the league.
I agree, I was just saying that I find the instigator an unexpected one.

People voicing their opinion isn't melting.
And yea nah this aint the way to create good discussion, no good can come from it.
nice melt or similar sentiments is the most overused and most misused phrase on this site, and more broadly online.
Awaits 'nice melt' response :D

I think this is an innocent bit of fun (which is also what the SFA is about) that has opened up a valid issue. Hopefully logic rather than emotion determines the agreed path moving forward.

I think this is an innocent bit of fun (which is also what the SFA is about) that has opened up a valid issue. Hopefully logic rather than emotion determines the agreed path moving forward.

Imagine if xenxen wasn't so desperate to play for the Rats for a day.

I imagine nobody would have ever considered this as an actual thing to happen.

Your imagination is running wild ;)

I think to focus on the player is losing sight of a valid concern. Remember it was AB taking the favour thread to a new level with FBD and got Cloud's consent. It was only then xen was asked and agreed as was to be expected.

The issue that you and some other captains raise about this being allowed moving forward is one you should discuss in Committee and share the outcome IMO. According to the rules as they stand there is no breach unless there has been a misinterpretation that I'm unaware of.

Not sure how this can be justified as a 'one-off', I'm struggling to see how it's different from any other potential similar scenario and sets a poor precedent in terms of these types of 'one-offs' being allowed.

Also unlike the favours that JWS and C2R did that were centred around being funny and/or embarrassing this just seems dumb and exploitative of the rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back