Media Sweet F.A+ // sweetfa.plus ~ Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

tO2rjt3.png

Dearest Sweet Football Association community,
Today I write to you not in great length, boring you to great depths, about any of my various Sweet Football Association interests, I do however write to you to note that I am retiring a large and substantial portion of my contributions (as posted about recently) to the SFA Archives & Sim Info sub-board in favour of another project.

This is a project I hold very dear to my soul and have worked on for many years (long story), and more recently many months on a consistent basis with the encouragement and help of a few select posters who have provided invaluable feedback. To them, I say thank you immensely for providing me with the motivation and offering great ideas and support. You know who you are.

Introducing to you Dashboard | Sweet F.A+

Sweet F.A+ is best described in the image at the heading of this thread. This project will likely forever remain a work in progress, due to the simple fact I hope to keep adding to it where I can. For the time being, it should provide enough functionality to where a user can gather league, individual, and club records pertaining to the Sweet Football Association. Sweet F.A+ contains the entire league's history, which is now beyond 3,350 matches at the time of writing, dating back to the first match that took place in the back end of 2001. This is merely my attempt to have our very own AFLTables, Footywire, FinalSiren, whatever it is that you use. That is the simple answer and I hope it is easy enough for you to browse and get a better understanding. There is what I think a considerable amount to explore and I will seek to add more as time goes on, however in the immediate future, I can not promise anything as the construction of this project has taken a considerable amount of time from my life and has been somewhat draining. My only goal, for now, is to keep it up to date on a weekly basis - it may not be Sunday directly after the matches, but typically on Monday or Tuesday. I will seek to not fall far behind, however, it is always going to be more up-to-date than me providing a spreadsheet once a season.

My hope is that you get some enjoyment out of this project and seek to use it to in a sense 'bring back the Qooty'.

Sweet F.A+ is best viewed on a tablet (in landscape mode) or on a desktop due to the sheer amount of data and tables that it uses. It uses responsive styling, but in some areas will be cramped on smaller devices.

Some, in private have asked how they can help and to those who may ask the same:
  • Stop changing your ******* usernames. It is seriously a pain in the ass. Honestly!​
  • Each club profile has a 'history' tab that contains a write-up (unless there is no write-up, eg all defunct clubs). These are all pulled from various posts (unless stated) and need updating and I would appreciate it if anyone wants to take up the task of writing them, even just their own club - please provide them to me via PM if you wish.​
  • If you are a captain and you update your logo, please inform me. I am working on a more comprehensive project to incorporate and archive all league-related images, but for now, this will have to do.​
If you have any questions and/or suggestions - I would prefer that you private message me.

This thread will be eventually moved to the Archive sub-board once I feel like it has been given enough attention on the main board.

Kind regards,
Hate :peace:

Genuinely amazing.

View attachment 1474949

Then there's the anger issues of Season 6.

Hate is there a way to sort the complete stats of every players' individual games? Like if I wanted to see who had the most of X stat (outside the top 10), is that possible? Quite proud of my -14 DT and want to see where it ranks for lowest DT 😂

RU_ had two involvements in Rd 1 for 2 FA - so a grand total of -6 DT - all he did was to punch two Phoenix players. 14 FA seems like it would be some kind of record though....

RU_ had two involvements in Rd 1 for 2 FA - so a grand total of -6 DT - all he did was to punch two Phoenix players. 14 FA seems like it would be some kind of record though....
Who needs all those other records hen you can have most free kicks against/lowest DT points ever. Considering I still kicked a goal to ruin what could have been an even worse DT is annoying.

tO2rjt3.png

Today I write to you not in great length, boring you to great depths, about any of my various Sweet Football Association interests, I do however write to you to note that I am retiring a large and substantial portion of my contributions (as posted about recently) to the SFA Archives & Sim Info sub-board in favour of another project.

This is a project I hold very dear to my soul and have worked on for many years (long story), and more recently many months on a consistent basis with the encouragement and help of a few select posters who have provided invaluable feedback. To them, I say thank you immensely for providing me with the motivation and offering great ideas and support. You know who you are.

Sweet F.A+ is best described in the image at the heading of this thread. This project will likely forever remain a work in progress, due to the simple fact I hope to keep adding to it where I can. For the time being, it should provide enough functionality to where a user can gather league, individual, and club records pertaining to the Sweet Football Association. Sweet F.A+ contains the entire league's history, which is now beyond 3,350 matches at the time of writing, dating back to the first match that took place in the back end of 2001. This is merely my attempt to have our very own AFLTables, Footywire, FinalSiren, whatever it is that you use. That is the simple answer and I hope it is easy enough for you to browse and get a better understanding. There is what I think a considerable amount to explore and I will seek to add more as time goes on, however in the immediate future, I can not promise anything as the construction of this project has taken a considerable amount of time from my life and has been somewhat draining. My only goal, for now, is to keep it up to date on a weekly basis - it may not be Sunday directly after the matches, but typically on Monday or Tuesday. I will seek to not fall far behind, however, it is always going to be more up-to-date than me providing a spreadsheet once a season.

My hope is that you get some enjoyment out of this project and seek to use it to in a sense 'bring back the Qooty'.

Sweet F.A+ is best viewed on a tablet (in landscape mode) or on a desktop due to the sheer amount of data and tables that it uses. It uses responsive styling, but in some areas will be cramped on smaller devices.

Some, in private have asked how they can help and to those who may ask the same:
  • Stop changing your ******* usernames. It is seriously a pain in the ass. Honestly!​
  • Each club profile has a 'history' tab that contains a write-up (unless there is no write-up, eg all defunct clubs). These are all pulled from various posts (unless stated) and need updating and I would appreciate it if anyone wants to take up the task of writing them, even just their own club - please provide them to me via PM if you wish.​
  • If you are a captain and you update your logo, please inform me. I am working on a more comprehensive project to incorporate and archive all league-related images, but for now, this will have to do.​
If you have any questions and/or suggestions - I would prefer that you private message me.

This thread will be eventually moved to the Archive sub-board once I feel like it has been given enough attention on the main board.

Kind regards,

I totally forgot about it. Damn!

Sorry, Hate!

Too many things going on, but I should do better.

Just out of interest Hate, when do the current rounds stats/games get loaded onto the Sweet F.A+ ?
Doing this round now. :thumbsu:

In general, OP:
My only goal, for now, is to keep it up to date on a weekly basis - it may not be Sunday directly after the matches, but typically on Monday or Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tO2rjt3.png

Kind regards,
Plenty of integration opportunities with what exists on the Wiki 2.0 - West Coast Wonders

You can now view your player statistics summarised by Club by clicking on the 'Club Stats' tab on a Profile Page:

7MAqYLB.png

Broken

Truly doing god's work in facilitating the club-whores.

Added to the OP:

SFA Data Use

Talking with Hate, we decided that we probably need to make it clear what people can do with BigFooty content and stats.

The Sweet FA DATA - scores and stats to be precise - is available on a Creative Commons license:

Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Anyone can use the raw stats for non-commercial purposes, and this condition is applied on anything made from those stats. I would apply this to the team logos and such - but I didn't make those so it's not up to me. Basically do what you like, have fun, but it's got to be non-commercial and you must credit the creators or, if unknown, link back to the forum or to where you found the graphics.

The posts and images and other forum content is still under the standard BF copyright. It's almost certainly not really an issue, but it's worth making it clear in case some dork thinks it's OK to download some or all of the forum and call it their own.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back