Fundraiser Sweet FA bushfire appeal - $3,045.79 raised!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks everyone.

I haven’t been directly impacted by fire yet, thanks to luck and the efforts of a great group of people. Three days that we have had have been properly scary.

We are surrounded by fire, which, strangely, might prove to be a good thing if we stay lucky. This is a good week. Hopefully.

The local pub has been thrown open 24 hours for people to sleep or eat or information or whatever. Three meals a day from volunteered food, and a great stack of supplies for anyone to take. On safe days I’ve been getting jobs done and going down and helping.

This is an awesome community, we’re running off generosity at the moment, and that is such a good thing. We have supplies.

What other communities need is money.

People here are mostly OK for now, we’re really tight. Not everyone has been so lucky.

Absolutely relieved to see you are alright mate. If I could get there I would.

I have copied the links and emailed out to contacts

The UK is behind Australia and there's funds being raised.

God bless all x
I hear there's a bloke in your neighbourhood called 'Harry' who's apparently loaded and moving to Canada. He should be good for a donation.

I hear there's a bloke in your neighbourhood called 'Harry' who's apparently loaded and moving to Canada. He should be good for a donation.
That's Arry from London! Plenty round here though will empty the joint account soon... Not that I add too it but to see the look on his face will be funny.

#notthefirsttime

Absolutely relieved to see you are alright mate. If I could get there I would.
Funny story. Last Saturday was deadly here. We could have been hit from three directions at once.

Sunday we had a party and heaps of locals got pissed.

I chatted with a guy from Nth Qld who is ex army, came here to visit a mate who is a farmer in the south of the valley, and ended up out there in the dark fighting off the new fire in the south.

His mate had assured him that this is the safest place in Aus and he kept repeating that all night.

Funny story. Last Saturday was deadly here. We could have been hit from three directions at once.

Sunday we had a party and heaps of locals got pissed.

I chatted with a guy from Nth Qld who is ex army, came here to visit a mate who is a farmer in the south of the valley, and ended up out there in the dark fighting off the new fire in the south.

His mate had assured him that this is the safest place in Aus and he kept repeating that all night.

I had my 82 and 79 yo parents locked up/in for 3 weeks at Lakes Entrance. All roads cut off. I subscribed to the VicEmergency facebook page. Every goddam beep I was shitting myself.

I truly hope you and yours are safe brother.

I had my 82 and 79 yo parents locked up/in for 3 weeks at Lakes Entrance. All roads cut off. I subscribed to the VicEmergency facebook page. Every goddam beep I was shitting myself.

I truly hope you and yours are safe brother.
It’s ******* scary. One thing I can guarantee you is that it is, not just here I’m certain, so well organised and so good. We should all be proud.

It’s ******* scary. One thing I can guarantee you is that it is, not just here I’m certain, so well organised and so good. We should all be proud.

Just happy you are ok mate.

Ummm this thread is not a politikking machine mate. Take it elsewhere please. Although we are happy to accept your money and hold you to it for a bloody worthwhile cause.

TheInjuryFactory
My donation is a given as was Filthy’s response but you don’t really know me so I can understand where you are coming from.

My donation is a given as was Filthy’s response but you don’t really know me so I can understand where you are coming from.

Yeah, I had my response deleted as well which was also legitimate. I mean, I know it's a serious thing but the mods are being a little precious if that's what is being deleted.

This is the exact time to keep a sense of humour.

Safe to say that while most of has have already donated in our own way, I'd like to think anyway, but donate again if you can. It feels better the second time around I promise you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have copied the links and emailed out to contacts

The UK is behind Australia and there's funds being raised.

God bless all x
As an aussie visiting england at the moment, l can confirm what CazC30 has said.

Everywhere l go when they hear my accent they ask how things are going back in Australia, l am amazed at how concerned everyone is here and the genuine heartfelt sympathy given.

Makes me like England even more now l see the support they have for us first hand

UPDATE: $391.24 already raised!

Some amazing pledges already happening in here and some incredibly generous folk have already made contributions to the drive today, thanks so much for getting around this and as others have said, I know many of us may have already given to these causes, and there are so many worthy of our support in this crisis, but whatever we can do here as a community matters and will make a difference, and every little bit counts.

Fantastic to get an update from Far Kern too :thumbsu:

I will pledge a further $1 for every possession I pick up in this series, and will add $5 per harry000 goal.

Thanks everyone.

I haven’t been directly impacted by fire yet, thanks to luck and the efforts of a great group of people. Three days that we have had have been properly scary.

We are surrounded by fire, which, strangely, might prove to be a good thing if we stay lucky. This is a good week. Hopefully.

The local pub has been thrown open 24 hours for people to sleep or eat or information or whatever. Three meals a day from volunteered food, and a great stack of supplies for anyone to take. On safe days I’ve been getting jobs done and going down and helping.

This is an awesome community, we’re running off generosity at the moment, and that is such a good thing. We have supplies.

What other communities need is money.

People here are mostly OK for now, we’re really tight. Not everyone has been so lucky.
Glad you're OK mate. Please stay in touch.

TIF - I am pledging $10 for every SoO match Ant Bear does not play. I will raise that to $20 per game if Dingster does the right thing and selects Ant Bear in the forward pocket next to BRAB

UPDATE: $391.24 already raised!

Some amazing pledges already happening in here and some incredibly generous folk have already made contributions to the drive today, thanks so much for getting around this and as others have said, I know many of us may have already given to these causes, and there are so many worthy of our support in this crisis, but whatever we can do here as a community matters and will make a difference, and every little bit counts.

Fantastic to get an update from Far Kern too :thumbsu:

I will pledge a further $1 for every possession I pick up in this series, and will add $5 per harry000 goal.
#brave

I'll go $2 per tackle, $10 if I get a bog, 50c per possession

Edit: Main SoO games, not inc. Granny if we even get there

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back