Remove this Banner Ad

FRIENDLY

I thought I would let it slip away!

Match 5
Gremio White
Pickitt Black

Last edited:

ROUND 2

I have no idea exactly where I screwed up, but I screwed up badly in the middle of the match against Dav. He won by Mate after 38 moves.

Gremio White
Dav Black

ROUND 2

I have no idea exactly where I screwed up, but I screwed up badly in the middle of the match against Dav. He won by Mate after 38 moves.

Gremio White
Dav Black
I had a chance to fork and take the Queen earlier and messed it up

wtf does that mean
If you move the white king's pawn to the fourth square, currently the notation is "e4" ('e' being the king's column).

I was used to write "p4r" (in English, "p-k4") – meaning "pawn to the king's fourth (4) square" (or "peão para a quarta (4) casa do rei"). Here:

If you move the white king's pawn to the fourth square, currently the notation is "e4" ('e' being the king's column).

I was used to write "p4r" (in English, "p-k4") – meaning "pawn to the fourth (4) square of the king" (or "peão para a quarta (4) casa do rei"). Here:

uh oh...I am not gonna go well in a tournament
Voce fala portugues como eu?

I had a chance to fork and take the Queen earlier and messed it up
I will need to review the match. Besides the rookie mistakes, I'm still losing concentration. When I get back, I'm all but already rooted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will need to review the match. Besides the rookie mistakes, I'm still losing concentration. When I get back, I'm all but already rooted.
I’m sorry I’ve got no real chess theory. Just play it safe, look for en prise, aim for strong diagonals and discovered checks

Voce fala portugues como eu?
Look at that! I never expect anyone to speak my mother tongue. You are really full of surprises!

Portuguese is my first language. I only started learning English when I was 11 [which was 30 years ago].

I’m sorry I’ve got no real chess theory. Just play it safe, look for en prise, aim for strong diagonals and discovered checks
I usually play defensively. When I was a kid, I would get the black whenever I had chance and play catenaccio chess. I've never learned how to attack.

I usually play defensively. When I was a kid, I would get the black whenever I had chance and play catenaccio chess. I've never learned how to attack.
I’m an absolute sucker for combination play, get myself into far too much trouble chasing the perfect mate sequence

Look at that! I never expect anyone to speak my mother tongue. You are really full of surprises!

Portuguese is my first language. I only started learning English when I was 11 [which was 30 years ago].

Sim eu faço haha, と学校からの日本人
I know a few

Língua Portuguesa
Olavo Bilac

Última flor do lácio, inculta e bela

És, a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura
Ouro nativo, que na ganga impura
A bruta mina entre os cascalhos vela

Amo-te assim, desconhecida e obscura
Tuba de alto clangor, lira singela
Que tens o trom e o silvo da procela
E o arrolo da saudade e da ternura

Amo o teu viço agreste e o teu aroma
De virgens selvas e de oceano largo
Amo-te, ó rude e doloroso idioma

Em que da voz materna ouvi: "meu filho"
E em que Camões chorou, no exílio amargo

O gênio sem ventura e o amor sem brilho

Some English translations (with introductory notes on the poem):

Pickitt

Língua Portuguesa
Olavo Bilac

Última flor do lácio, inculta e bela

És, a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura
Ouro nativo, que na ganga impura
A bruta mina entre os cascalhos vela

Amo-te assim, desconhecida e obscura
Tuba de alto clangor, lira singela
Que tens o trom e o silvo da procela
E o arrolo da saudade e da ternura

Amo o teu viço agreste e o teu aroma
De virgens selvas e de oceano largo
Amo-te, ó rude e doloroso idioma

Em que da voz materna ouvi: "meu filho"
E em que camões chorou, no exílio amargo

O gênio sem ventura e o amor sem brilho

Some English translations (with introductory notes on the poem):

Pickitt
oh nice, did you write that?

oh nice, did you write that?
I wish! This is from one of the greatest Brazilian poets in History.

I have just recorded myself reading it, though:

My Southwestern Gaucho accent may sound peculiar, because it is… 🙂

Sim eu faço haha, と学校からの日本人
I know a few
Mandarin/Cantonese/Japanese (it looks the latter), I have never studied any of them. I have studied German, English, and French. Unfortunately, I have completely forgotten German; and my French has regressed to a basic level.

I speak Spanish as well.

I wish! This is from one of the greatest Brazilian poets in History.

I have just recorded myself reading it, though:

My Southwestern Gaucho accent may sound peculiar, because it is… 🙂

I'm gonna read all your posts in that voice now haha
Is it supposed to be peculiar? I wouldn't know.

thewizardmelon sorry for the delay in getting this off the ground! I see you're about to play a friendly against Pickitt, if you're keen maybe we can play our game after that. Let me know when you're done and I'll send you an invite through
I’m keen mate let’s get a game going!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back