Stats & History Sweet FA Hall of Fame Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRRcciK.png

Successor to this thread: Sweet FA Hall Of Fame

Each season, a select few greats of the game are inducted as members of the Sweet FA Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame Presentation is one of the Sweet FA’s most prestigious events.

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 28 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 35. Among this number are 7 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

A summary of inductees can be found below.

Hall of Fame MemberInduction Season
hof.png
Immortal Elevation Season
ezgif-4-95c42dc08a.png
Sweet FA Plus Profile
Ljp8613 - LINK22 - LINKLjp86 - Profile
Boncer3413 - LINK16 - LINKBoncer34 - Profile
Mobbs13 - LINK16 - LINKMobbs - Profile
Fred13 - LINK19 - LINKFred - Profile
Deestroy13 - LINKDeestroy - Profile
eagleskickass13 - LINKEka - Profile
rfctigerarmy14 - LINKRfctigerar - Profile
dougthelegend14 - LINKDougtheleg - Profile
wce_all_da_way15 - LINKWally - Profile
Pie 4 Life15 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/PIE 4 LIFE
Broken16 - LINK26 - LINKBroken - Profile
Tarkyn_2416 - LINK34 - LINKTarkyn_24 - Profile
ClarkeM17 - LINKClarkem - Profile
Itsmyshow17 - LINKItsmyshow - Profile
Frankston Rover18 - LINKFrankston - Profile
croweater 4118 - LINKCroweater - Profile
okeydoke719 - LINKOkeydoke7 - Profile
beez22 - LINKBeez - Profile
Eth22 - LINKEth - Profile
Biggie25 - LINKBiggie - Profile
larrikin25 - LINKLarrikin - Profile
ant55525 - LINKAnt555 - Profile
The Filth Wizard25 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/THE FILTH
Hate26 - LINK35 - LINKHate - Profile
Dingster26 - LINKDingster - Profile
loopy_cam27 - LINKLoopy_Cam - Profile
pantskyle28 - LINKPantskyle - Profile
DemonJim29 - LINKDemonjim - Profile
Kennedy Parker30 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/KENNEDY PA
fitzroybowiedog32 - LINKFitzroybow - Profile
sausageroll34 - LINKSausagerol - Profile
spookism34 - LINKSpookism - Profile
Ant Bear34 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/ANT BEAR
Headless34 - LINKHeadless - Profile
brahj35 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/BRAHJ

Last edited:
Dingster - inducted Season 26

[insert graphic card]

Achievements and Accolades:
Rich (BB code):
Stats                             Dingster                                         Awards & Achievements

Clubs            JUN (37), LVB (178), MOD (41), SCS (44), WON (4)   Fred Medal (S25)
Games                                304                            Premiership Player (S22)
Hitouts                              12                             Junkyard Dogs Captain (S4)
Kicks                               1812                            All-SFA Selection (S25)
Marks                                920
Handballs                           1741
Tackles                              431
Frees For                            455
Frees Against                        312
Goals                                213
Behinds                              119
Disposals                           3553
DreamTeam                           14330
Votes                               69/33

Testimonials

"I've never come across a better team-mate than @Dingster. From the moment he PM'd me asking to join he Swamprats, his whole attitude was "How can I make this club better?" He threw himself into recruiting, and his energy, humour and wisdom permeated through the entire team. He became a mentor to many, not just within the team but also to the wider SFA community, and he is certainly responsible for educating and developing many people throughout the league.
It is amazing that a player who began in Season 3, way back in 2003, is still as active and invested in the league today as Ding. With all his other LG responsibilities, he never neglected his attention to match threads, and maintained a high standard of posting throughout his time, lifting when leadership was required. He never put personal glory ahead of team success, yet it was one of my proudest times in the league when he won the league accolades in S25. He finally achieved wider recognition when he selflessly helped out other teams, by recruiting players, and in many cases he allowed others to take credit for his hard work. He told me that he sent out over 120 recruitment PMs, to new players, during the S25-S26 off-season. That's a massive amount of work, and a lot of rejection to take, all for the betterment of the league.

Already a member of the exclusive Las Vegas Bears HoF, he has been a premiership captain, and has played over 300 SFA games. He has a Fred Medal, and is an All-SFA player. Above all that, however, he is one of the best people I have come across in the league, and his support and counsel was a crucial component in making us one of the tightest teams in the league.

The measure of an SFA player is how they are regarded internally by their team-mates, and Dingster is almost universally deified by his current and former contemporaries. He is a caring, compassionate man, who truly deserves this ascension into the SFA Hall Of Fame. Raise your glasses, and turn and smile for the camera - Dingster has eyes everywhere!"
- Ant Bear

"I remember the night I stabbed @DemonJim in the ba...I mean assumed captaincy of the Bears. Season 22 was looming and the leadership group had imploded. Sitting there, in my incredibly overpriced penthouse suite, sipping ridiculously expensive scotch that I had cut with a Pepsi just because I could, the thought stuck me. “I know nothing about running a qooty team.” Sure I could do the media, the advertisements, the sponsorship endorsements, after all, I’m one handsome bastard.

But recruitment? Team sheets? Sexual harassment? These were foreign concepts to a
qooty diva such as myself. As I sat there, feet being rubbed by Morena Baccarin in one of her desperate attempts at courting me, I heard a soft knocking at my door. “Come in!” I answered, expecting my lobster that was to be delivered by a lobster trained as a waiter to crawl through the door and hand feed me my late evening snack.

Instead it was @Dingster, the quiet, unassuming man who’d I shared three seasons with at the Bears. “Matera, I know this is out of the blue, but I’ve had a thought. As brilliant as you are, I can’t imagine you’d want to take on the responsibility of captaining this team by yourself. We’ve lost players left right and centre, @The Filth Wizard has given us til Friday to get a list together otherwise we’re out of the SFA. If you’ll have me as your co-captain, I’ll make sure that not only will we have a list; it will be a SFA Premiership quality one.
Dingster, my good man, I could think I of no one I’d rather as my better half as we embark on this great journey together. I only have one condition however.” I beckoned Dingster close, wanting the gravitas of my words to really hit home.

@Doctor Gero is never to win a LVB BnF.

And to this day, he never has.

That’s why Dingster is an All SFA Great, and worthy inductee into the SFA HoF. Sure, his stats are pretty good:

IuJ5DVg.png

And yeah, he’s a genuinely quality person, who also happened to co-captain the Las Vegas Bears first ever SFA Premiership, and has a nice and shiny Best and Fairest from the Bears to boot.

But at the end of the day, his ability to deny Gero that which he truly wants is what makes him such a wonderful person.

So here’s to Dingster, my co-conspirator, my co-captain, and definitely one of the good ones."

giphy.gif
- Matera92

Hate - inducted Season 26

[insert graphic card]

Rich (BB code):
Stats                    Hate                               Awards & Achievements

Clubs            FUR (50), DRA (114)         x2 Frankston Rover Award (S23, 25)
Games                    164                 TFLUA-Tiger Award (S20)
Hitouts                  1189                Sweet F.A Administrator (S24)
Kicks                    1562                Sweet F.A Simmer
Marks                    148                 x2 Dragons FFC Best & Fairest (S19, 23)
Handballs                1526                Dragons FFC Captain (S20-22)
Tackles                  491                 Fighting Furies Best & Fairest (S25)
Frees For                259                 x5 All-SFA Selections (S20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Frees Against            160                 x1(2) All-SFA Captain (S21 (22))
Goals                    150                 Premiership Player (S19)
Behinds                   98
Disposals                3088
DreamTeam               12112
Votes                   87/43

Testimonials

"@Hate is one of the most underrated backroom cogs in the Sweet FA and his work over the last six seasons is substantial and potentially without peer. As his own personal trailblazer it's a joy to see him admitted into the Hall Of Fame for his contributions to the league. From his work as simmer and his extraordinary efforts in maintaining the statistics side of the league, to his brief but eventual (and unfortunately timed) season as admin, Hate puts up every time. He's maintained a steady level of popular quality posting since his entry into the Sweet FA (a characteristic that made me pinpoint him immediately for the nWo season and future leadership for the Dragons) and doesn't have to post much to say a lot.

The real key to his entry into the Hall Of Fame, for me, is his willingness to carry the slack and the dirty work, the nitty gritty little stuff most are loathe to do and he does it without complaint, in fact he's probably revolutionised the stats and therefore history of the league. (Like his personal trailblazer) his achievements aren't mired in what the sim produces but in what he personally produces to benefit the rest of the league. As a former admin, and longtime poster of some seniority it is without doubt that the most importance comes from the jobs I would have been helpless doing alone/at all. Congratulations Hate, you are a well deserved entry into the Hall Of Fame."
- The Filth Wizard

"Congratulations to @Hate on being inducted into the SFA Hall of Fame, his induction is one which is an absolutely fantastic achievement and I have no doubt that Hate will continue to be an important contributor to the SFA both on and off the field in the near future.

My dealings with Hate have mostly been at the Dragons in his time as a player but also as captain of the club. His on-field performances for the Dragons in that time were excellent, highlighted by five All-SFA jumpers, two Best and Fairest awards with his off-field efforts in that time being just as impressive. Hate's commitment to the Dragons from a captaincy, playing, posting and statistics perspective in his time at the club were always first-class and is an excellent reflection on him as not only an SFA player but also as a person as well.

I have had a number of chats with Hate over the seasons he has been here and he comes across a genuinely likeable guy, someone who is very much committed to what he does but also a great person in general. Our mutual interest in stats and records within the SFA has lead to several conversations in that time, not only about stats but about clubs and the league in general. Having spent time talking to Hate, I have been able to witness his statistics work and how much time he has spent extracting and collating the information he possesses in order to be able to provide the statistics and information he does for the competition today. This work and these contributions have been extremely impressive as evidenced in the SFA Archives board and shows the amount of dedication he has had to the cause, spending many, many hours extracting and collating information over several seasons, simply as a volunteer who was just happy to help out and bring enjoyment and provide information to other people within this competition.

Some people may question Hate's induction due to the shorter amount of time he has spent in the SFA but as a Hall of Fame member myself and one of only four people to be recognised as an Immortal, I can say that Hate's induction into the SFA Hall of Fame is one which is very much thoroughly deserved and there is no-one else in the competition who deserves this honour stowed upon them at the present time. His work within the SFA has been extremely impressive and the SFA's statistical records and information wouldn't be what it is today without his contributions over the time that Hate has been a part of this competition.

Being inducted into the SFA Hall of Fame is a fantastic achievement and one which is hard to achieve. Those who make the Hall of Fame are the best of the best is this is an honour that is bestowed upon very few. Once again, I would like to congratulate Hate on being inducted into the SFA Hall of Fame and hopefully we will see his contributions within the SFA for many seasons to come."
- Ljp86

Last edited:
loopy_cam - inducted Season 27

[insert graphic card]

f1WEh9O.png

Testimonials
It is my pleasure to announce @loopy_cam as the 26th member of the Sweet F.A. Hall of Fame.
Entering the league with the following enquiry during Season 8
Hey guys. I may be interested in this but I'm not sure what it's all about, or if I'm needed.

Can someone enlighten me?:)
loopy_cam sought interest from the Bombers following his participation for the BigFooty Bombers in the Fantasy Cricket Competition, However, lacking any interest from his first choice, he initially signed up with the Dragons where he played a handful of games before quickly joining the Bombers not long after.

In Season 9 loopy_cam stepped up to the plate to become co-captain of the Bombers. A role he also held in Seasons 10, 12, 13 and 14. It was as captain in Season 9 that loopy_cam raised the cup as a premiership captain, capping off a very successful season where he made All-SFA and also won the Bombers best and fairest.

Around this time loopy_cam started assisting in preserving the historical records of the league with his research and contributions helping record this information, setting a foundation that has steadily grown over time. He later contributed to the Sweet F.A. Wiki pages.
In Season 10 loopy_cam captained the Bombers in his own right and handed over the keys to the Bombers the following season before resuming captaincy in Season 12, until season 14. Seasons 12 and 13 saw him receive All-SFA selections and it was his last season as captain where he raised the premiership cup a 2nd time.

Season 14 also saw loopy_cam take home the Frankston Rover award as around this time loopy_cam was the leagues sole match simmer, only stats collector and he was responsible for presenting the seasons stats each week. A role that the league is indebted to for his efforts in keeping thing running and a role which he managed for many seasons.
loopy_cam handed over the captaincy in season 15, and later on, his simming and statistical roles. He assumed a lesser role at the Bombers, where he played his last season in Season 22.

At the time that his Sweet F.A career ended loopy_cam was among the Top 20 for games played and marks taken, among the Top 30 for Disposals and DT points and Top 40 for Goals kicked.
Those statistics, and his personal efforts to get the games run, and out to us eager players, makes loopy_cam a valuable member of this leagues history and a deserving Hall of Famer.

- Broken

Last edited:
Pantskyle - inducted Season 28

[insert graphic card]

1575861739336-png.791180

pantskyle is one of the most famed players to grace the Sweet Football Association across its history. Starting in Season 15, as a Roys rookie he took the game by storm being a notoriously active poster at a time when match thread activity across the league had not yet boomed. He took out the EKA Medal for the best rookie poster and that was only the beginning of his storied SFA journey.

Pants was well-known for his misfortunes and lack of team success on the field as he played in two wooden spoons in his first four seasons, was a prominent contributor in match threads, media as well and in Season 17 built up a successful expansion bid to ensure that the Las Vegas Bears were brought back into existence for Season 18 with him as the inaugural captain in an effort that changed the course of the league. During the same season he had moved to the Wonders but was traded back to the Roys midseason.

Some of his best media work include scathing attack pieces at other clubs via the Pants On series which include him highlighting the failures of the nWo and the Downfall of the Coney Island Warriors, he is center of attention for much of that era with very few the in the league not having at least played alongside him at some point in their career as he moved across different clubs regularly, usually following a classic 'retirement'.

In Season 21, he departed the Bears outfit that he had brought back into existence to help with the rebuild of a struggling Hawks side alongside then admin The Filth Wizard under the new persona of Doctor Colossus and this would last 2 seasons before he went to help Quivorir at the Geelong Wolves in the process helping himself to a Mobbenfuhrer Medal win. During the mid S20s he would be one of the most notorious members of the 'Boys Club' which was the center of controversy and discussion for several seasons and at this time he had stints at the Royals and Warriors accumulating numerous All-SFA selections at will.

After being inducted into the Hall of Fame, at the time as the all-time leader in Mobbs Votes, Pants would finally defeat the curse and win the premiership in Season 31 with the Mount Buller Demons.

Testimonials

I guess in a way I'm the logical person to congratulate my brother pants for his induction to the HOF. A premiership captain. More all-SFA caps than any player in history. Two beez medals. Former admin, current HOF'er - these are just some of the things pantskyle is responsible for bringing into the league when he texted me one night saying "hey, wanna have a look at this Sweet FA thing, I'm kind of a big thing there". Here we are, nearly seven real life years later and I get the absolute privilege of not only making him a legitimised big thing but also give him the last thing he wanted before he could retire forever, a hall of fame entry (even though he'll say he never wanted this despite arguing for himself across three seasons in HOF discussion and saying endlessly I cost him it because I argued myself into an All-SFA one season over him).

It's my opinion, and I'm sure it's shared by many, that this is a long time coming. Pants has had a pretty decorated career - EKA, Mobbs, many all-SFA's, got into the top twenty in the beez once. These are all nice ticks. Where pants has excelled elsewhere is in his contributions to the fabric and culture of the Sweet FA to where it is today. He is responsible for the induction of the Las Vegas Bears into the league, not wholly but he was the figurehead and he worked very hard to get that team off the ground, something I think they tend to perhaps misplace. He's been a prominent committee member and club representative across the league for the Roys, Royals, Bears, Demons, Dragons, Rats, Bombers, Hawks, Gumbies, Furies, and now the Warriors. He was a prominent contributor to the evolution of the league from a sports sim to a fully fledged society where posters and media magnates were king. Like every hall of famer before him we can look at the league as it stands today and see where their efforts have benefited the Sweet FA.

It is my great pleasure to welcome pantskyle to the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame. Congratulations friend.
- The Filth Wizard

Last edited:
DemonJim - inducted Season 29

[insert graphic card]

4x premiership player
4x All-SFA
1x FRED medal winner
2x Bears B&F
1x Wonders B&F
Bears Captain Seasons 18-21

168 MobbenFuhrer Medal votes – ranked #1

Season1516171819202122232425262728
Placing27512161722818522317310

Total Votes (End S28): 168 Votes / 89 Games

Testimonials
DemonJim has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. He has the highest number of Mobbenfuhrer Medal votes in the history of the comp, with 168 to the end of S28. Despite this, he has never won the award, instead finishing on the podium on several occasions. He was Las Vegas Bears captain from Seasons 18-21. His steadfast determination to win the medal has seen him dominate stats for each of his teams but he has remained a prominent figure on the Sweet FA landscape for many years and is truly deserving of this honour.
- Ant Bear

It's with great honour that I have the privilege of writing this for the induction of DemonJum into the Hall of Fame of the Sweet FA. Jum has been a constant in the league for all of my time here, a fierce on-baller with a knack of picking up huge QOOTY scores, a leader or towards the top of most stat categories and multiple premierships it is without doubt a worthy addition. It's not unusual to get to the end of the season and see DJ up top in tackles, DT, possessions. In fact I have lost count of the times that he has finished just shy of enough votes to win the Mobbs, probably the only award that eludes him and the one he wishes he could touch, but he mustn't touch what isn't his. I won't pretend to know all the teams he has played for but I do know that he has constantly commanded a prime spot at the Wonders, Bears and Demons whilst possibly not being known for his posting. This would be because team captains know a ball hog when they see one.

Jumboy was one of the first posters I approached to join the Las Vegas Bears, I knew that he was a big QOOTY name but perhaps demanded a tad more responsibility behind the scenes than he was getting, when Broken left the Bears bid I quickly knew that DJ should become my co-captain and together we could continue to build a team strong enough to compete in the league, and we did. When I left the Bears I was content with the leadership left behind and that they would continue our traditions, I was also glad to assist Matera in knifing DJ, mainly for the laughs.

Demum J doesn't really have much of a knack of bantering, in fact many people have called him a caveman, which is apt because he looks like one. He is often quick to melt or to attack blindly, we all sat back in bewilderment when he called Woosh a utensil hungry moll. These were the days where he would hurl abuse at the train delay announcements on the platforms of town hall station. He would push over any female passenger who was talking on their mobile standing in his way, a large angry man. However disease would strike down our good friend DeJay, the eye opening experience that caused a huge weight loss. After sculling his last Jack Daniels he became fixated on getting back to being fit and the ball hungry moll he once was.

And he did.

His stats are truly staggering, his accolades as good as anyone. Maybe not appreciated as much as others for his off field output but I'm sure his teammates, and those that have been behind the scenes will share the respect for this man's Sweet FA career. So once again, to DemonJim, welcome to the Hall of Fame, you now get a new badge, wear it with pride and joy, try not to berate it. This is your moment, you will also never have a Mobbs medal because I forbid it (inb4youwinit).

Good talking, happy to meet, Good day.
- pantskyle

DemonJim-

Perennial bridesmaid. Snarky and more like to pay out on teammates than opponents. Probably one of the most anonymous hall of fame nominees ever, so thank fu** for stats hey?

I’ve had the pleasure of playing alongside DemonJim at long last after having gone head to head with him for most of both our careers. He is an absolute cornerstone of the competition and has been effectual at every club that he’s played at. Our competition is what it is because of people who are enthusiastic about what was built before them and continue to add to that legacy. Jim has been pivotal in contributing to that story, for being active and engaged the whole way through his time in the competition and for stepping up when his clubs have needed him.

Tonight’s accolade is a testimony to everything you have done over a huge period of time to make this place great. You’ve played hard, always contending as one of the great midfield mainstays of the competition and you’ve brought enthusiasm, wit and humour to everyone. There wouldn’t be a person in this competition that would have anything even approaching ill-will towards you and that’s a credit to your ability to contribute tastefully over the long term. You’re exactly the kind of person that this accolade is meant for, and it’s an honour to have you amongst our ranks.

Congratulations mate, enjoy everyones acknowledgment of what a ripper bloke you’ve been.
- Tarkyn_24

Last edited:
Kennedy Parker - inducted Season 30

[insert graphic card]

3x All-SFA (S22, S23, S24)
S22 Frankston Rover Award
Sweet FA Administrator (S25 - S27)
Royals co-captain S30

Major Contributions to the league:
Served as primary statskeeper during Seasons 22 and 23 while assisting on the simming team as a game poster, moderated the board for almost 2 years from mid-S24 to mid-S27. As administrator streamlined simming and team sheet processes, successfully facilitated the return of State Of Origin after its 8 season hiatus, instituted a committee veto to strengthen checks and balances in league decision-making among other initiatives.

Kennedy Parker is arguably the most influential person in modern SFA history. Debuting in Season 20 under the username Close Contest for Sin City, he played a pivotal role in forming the posting core that drove the Swamprats from relative struggler in the posting stakes to the most active posting unit in SFA at the time. The impact was immediate finishing 2nd in the EKA in Season 20. In Season 22, a name change to Cloud_ also saw KP transition from match thread spammer to a poster who focused on assisting behind the scenes, taking over the compilation of stats from Danoz and assisted in posting sims on Sunday. This earned him the first of two Frankston Rover Awards from then Admin The Filth Wizard in Season 22.

After handing over maintenance of the statistics, KP was promoted to a board moderator to help deal with a period of instability in the league as conspiracism, institutional distrust and controversy plagued the SFA. After a dramatic and abrupt admin resignation at the end of Season 24, KP was appointed the SFA Administrator in Season 25 - Being one of the rare admins to be appointed without any prior committee experience and having never been a captain. Kennedy Parker also made a move to the Gold City Royals at this time.

The next three seasons, Kennedy Parker (as Cloud_) would successfully stabilise the league and promote Heritage Round as an event with the first Heritage Round Qooty Carnival in Season 25, introduce minor improvements such as club badges, a specified thread for team sheets and reforms relating to resim policy and penalties, facilitate the return of State of Origin in Season 27 after an 8-season absence of the concept. He initiated the transition of the Hall of Fame induction process from the committee to a specialised sub-committee of existing Hall of Famers.

But most significantly, KP would empower the committee as admin from S25-S27, making it easier for the committee to remove the admin in the event of abuse of power and also introduce the veto rule to allow for the committee to override a decision the majority disagrees with. Furthermore, held the first ever SFA Admin election to ensure that all clubs in the league had equal say in who becomes the administrator.

After a brief slump following the initial admin stint (and another ill-advised name change), KP changed the name to Kennedy Parker and burst back into form in Season 29. Creating innovative, engaging media and returned to Top 3 in the Beez Trophy count for the third time. Taking on the co-captaincy in Season 30, he led the Gold City Royals to their first ever premiership with the most dominant line-up in the league's history alongside The Filth Wizard. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the end of the season and retired after the grand final.

Testimonials
Kennedy Parker has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. Debuting in S20 for the Swamprats as Close Contest, KP was initially a spammer of the highest order, notching near 200 posts in his first few weeks as a founder of the infamous Spamrats, but the hidden, inherent quality was obvious already to those of us closest to him. Over time, he developed under first @spookism the @Millky95, taking on leading roles within the league and was a calm, stabilising bedrock of the Sin City teams until he ascended to the Administrator position and moved to the Gold City Royals at the end of S24.
At the Royals, KP has also been highly respected, first for his work as Admin, then for his stats work and exploration of the possibility of re-coding the dilapidated sim. It is with much sadness that he has chosen to retire for the time being, but it is also entirely fitting that his first Grand Final is versus the team that he debuted with. Both S16 expansion clubs owe so much to his focus and creativity.
- Ant Bear

KP is the first player I would consider to be a “Royal” to make the HoF which is its own honour and one that he absolutely deserves.
Has been a pleasure to share the field and LG with him.
Some people seem to think that threatening people with violence or talking about drinking is tough, but it’s uncompromising posters like KP who are actually tough. Never seen him take a step back and everyone walks taller when he is around (even me).
Will always have a place at the Golden Throne
- Blacky

It's no small honour to induct anybody into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame and it's no less a smaller honour (fact check @manangatang) to be able to welcome somebody like Kennedy Parker into such esteemed company.
Close Contest. Cloud. BigJoeD_. Cloud_... these are just some of the names either used or mentioned by Kennedy Parker in his time in the Sweet FA. He's had many fans in the Sweet FA, I count myself among one of the biggest ones. He's had some people that simply don't like him but the difference between you and I is that he doesn't care about those people.
Why is Kennedy Parker in the Hall Of Fame? He never won a premiership, or a Mobbs, or a beez, or a Fred. Three All-SFA's. Hell, he only just captained a club for the first time this season and that's because he "kinda wouldn't mind since I'm outta here f***faces" as he presented to the Royals LG this last pre-season.
It's hard for me to say this (and KP, this is doubling as my farewell post to you this season) but the answer is this... KP is the single most important poster of the last decade of the Sweet FA. When the mods and the admin of the league at the time (ie. Me and Blacky and Me) around S22/S23 needed a level headed diplomat to settle some league dramas and insert the ultimate impartial into a mod role there was only one choice. When Hate suffered the ultimate "tempus horribilis" in his admin season and needed a strong hand to take over, there was only one choice. His work as league admin was timely, relevant and necessary to steer the league back into the direction it needed. To a lesser degree during but definitely post run he then became one of the pure geniuses of media and became one of the most cutting edge posters we've seen.
In conclusion, I don't envy many in the Sweet FA but I envy Kennedy Parker. We've worked together for 8 seasons either as co-mods, committee members, Royals and I still know nothing about him more than I'll miss him once this season is done.
Congratulations on your Hall Of Fame entry KP. It is well deserved and you are ingrained in the tapestry of this league, where us really great players and Croweater 41 exist.
- The Filth Wizard

Last edited:
fitzroybowiedog - inducted Season 32

[insert graphic card]

Major Awards:

fitzroybowiedog is a 3 time Broken Medallist (S18, 24, 25), Mobbs Medallist (S25), Deestroy Medallist (S25), 5 time All SFA player (S18, 22 – 25), 9 Season captain for the Roys, as well as a Life Member of the Roys FFC.

fitzroybowiedog also completed the "Greatest Ever Season" as Captain of the Roys in S25 - winning the Mobbs Medal, the Deestroy Medal, as well as the Premiership as Captain - all in a single season. He was Dusty before Dusty put it all together.....

Highest Roys representative Mobblow vote-getter in S17, S18, S22, S23, S24 & S25.

Won Roys FFC's best first player (PTizzle Award) in S16.

Won "Good Ole' Roys" award in S17, S19, S20, S21, S22, S23, S24 & S25.

In terms of Mobbs Medal votes:
  • During S25, fitzroybowiedog equalled the league record for consecutive games polling Mobbs medal votes (9),
  • Set the league record for votes in a single season (29 votes) during S25,
  • He is currently 4th on the All Time 3 Mobbs Medals Votes list (24 times receiving 3 votes) (data correct to end S29)
  • 2nd on the polling votes in consecutive seasons list (12 seasons in a row) (data correct to end S29)

fitzroybowiedog is currently 4th in the All Time Mobbs medal voting, with 153 votes, 21st overall in the All Time Beez voting with 3495 votes.

Major Contributions to the League:

fitzroybowiedog is the all time leading match thread poster for the Roys FFC and is synonymous with the club, while also being the second longest serving captain in Sweet FA history (S19 – S27) and long term Committee member.

He is the creator of the Barrels Award, designed to encourage good posting and engagement from the opposition posting ranks.

fitzroybowiedog is responsible for developing the 'engagement style" of posting that is now the Roys brand while keeping the club alive through struggling periods as long term captain.

Has been a leading presence in State of Origin captaining the Allies

Testimonials:

FBD (then known as FBD) came to the Roys at about the same time I was in a bit of a hiatus so I didn't even know what was happening as a result of his input. When I returned, he was captain, he was posting 2000 posts per season, and he had led the Roys into the Season 25 finals series on the shoulders of a stellar season all his own doing.
It's history now that FBD had a very historic season in S25, but it's the legacy he's left at the Roys which still shines to this day. Everybody knows (or knew) him, and nobody had a bad word to say about him. This is still true to this day, and all eyes light up on both sides when he chooses to rock up to a match for a bit of a look around.
The league loves FBD, the Roys worship him. This is a truly well-deserved accolade.
- Mobbs

Fitzroybowiedog is a rare breed, even within the Sweet FA...
Some people, when they join the league - try to adopt the style of the club they are at.
Some people, when they are in the league - stick to their style, regardless of where they are and what the discussion is about.
Some people just try to make the league all about them.
Some people though - can not just change the flow of a thread, restart it or alter it - but can change the way a club is perceived and posts - not just for a short time, but a long term change for the better. Some people leave a legacy that lasts....
Fitzroybowiedog is one of those people. He can be antagonistic, he can be off beat, he can be humorous or modest - but he's always entertaining, always at the centre of the action and always for the Roys. He can wade into a match thread, destroy the opposition and waltz out again, before anyone has figured out what the hell is going on.
On field, he is as good as they come, with the best ever individual season in S25, leading the Roys to Premiership glory. He's also modest, retreating to the comfort of the BJO recliner benches, allowing others to shine on field - while sitting back with a chudshake or two watching from the sidelines. He's won nearly everything there is to win, then stepped aside to let others have their time in the sun.
Fitzroybowiedog laid the foundations for lifting the Roys up, setting a standard for everyone to follow and is truly worthy of a spot in the league Hall of Fame....
- TedDougChris

Anybody can have a good resume if you play enough games. What sets FBD apart is how he influences Sweet. As a captain and leader, he laid the foundations and expectations for the Roys' culture which is one of the distinct and respected in the league. As a poster, when he enters a thread, Roys and opposition alike respond with that extra bounce. Grats on a well deserved entry to the HoF FBD and I look forward to another fantastic season with us making the finals and looking the goods before one bad quarter knocks us out.
- Dingster

Last edited:
Spookism - inducted Season 34

[insert graphic card]

Achievements
Sin City Swamprats Captain (S18 - S21)
South Australia State of Origin Captain (XIV, XV, XVI)
SFA Life Member (S31)
2x State of Origin Winning Captain (XIV, XVI)
2x State of Origin Winning Player (XIV, XVI)
4x All-SFA (S16, S20, S23, S32)
1x All-SFA Vice-Captain (S32)
3x Best and Fairest - Sin City Swamprats (S18), East Side Phoenix (S25), Gold City Royals (S32)
1x TFLUA-Tiger Award (S32)
1x Premiership Player - [Gold City Royals - S30]

Spookism has been a part of the fabric of the SFA for the best part of nearly 20 seasons with an incredible journey and an eventful story. His career started way back in Season 6 under the username of eddie_vrv6 at the Alberton Swamprats and could not have gotten off to a worse start with 2 disposals from his first 4 games, both of which were missed shots at goal. He would go onto miss selection for the Swamprats' premiership win and subsequently be delisted.

He would return under the name 'spookism' as a part of the successful Alberton Swamprats' bid for readmission into the league in Season 16 where he would enjoy a strong season that was rewarded with his first All-SFA selection. In the subsequent seasons, the Swamprats would experience struggles in terms of on-field performance and engagement and during this time spookism would remain a consistent contributor and be earmarked as a future leader of the club. He would ascend to the captaincy in Season 18 where he would win the club's Best and Fairest award.

After a difficult first season as captain, spookism would be ambushed in the off-season with the 'nWo Dragons' poaching his intended co-captain further decimating his already struggling team. His distraught reaction would set off a chain of events that would prove influential in SFA history with the Alberton Swamprats rebranding to the Sin City Swamprats, and the recruitment of a number of rookies between Season 19 to 21 that would drastically increase the activity of the club. Under spookism's captaincy stint, two rookies would be recruited in Ant Bear and Kennedy Parker who would both go onto become future administrators of the SFA.

In Season 20, he would lead the Swamprats to a more successful season finishing on top of the ladder, but ultimately losing a close preliminary final to the Demons. Spookism would receive his second All-SFA selection this season. His captaincy tenure would end after one more season in the role, but he would remain a strong, consistent contributor in both match threads and media afterwards. In Season 23, spookism ran his UGLY Fundraiser initiative which raised thousands of dollars for Leukemia research and set the benchmark for future SFA charity events. He would also have strong performances on the field this season earning a third All-SFA selection as a Swamprat.

Spookism would cross over to the East Side Hawks the next season and enjoy a Best and Fairest winning season with the East Side in Season 25. During this time he also volunteered as a game poster. However, his greatest successes will come in the following seasons. With the revival of State of Origin prior to Season 27, spookism was named captain of South Australia and he would lead SA to a title win despite starting underdogs prior to the series. His SoO record as captain would be sublime as he would captain South Australia for two more series resulting in a close grand final loss and a second title win.

His move to the Royals would bring further success, establishing the legendary #stackedsix backline of Season 30 which would be a fundamental part of the Royals' first ever premiership. He would go on to attain Life Membership for 300 games in Season 31, before earning a fourth All-SFA selection and a TFLUA-Tiger Award in Season 32 as well as a third Best and Fairest.

Spookism's career is not only the quintessential underdog story, but he is one of the most notorious names in the league having been the center of many well-known memes with references to cryingdoctorwho.gif and 3 out of 5 regularly being present across numerous seasons in the SFA.

Ant Bear - inducted Season 34

[insert graphic card]

Achievements
League Administrator (S28 - S30)
Sin City Swamprats Captain (S24 - S26)
S30 All-Time All-SFA Team - Centre
1x Premiership Player - [Sin City Swamprats - S27]
1x Beez Trophy (S22)
2x Mobbenfuhrer Medalist (S22, S26)
1x Frankston Rover Award (S25)
8x All-SFA (S20-S26, S28)
4x Best and Fairest - Sin City Swamprats (S21-S22, S25-S26)

Ant Bear is one of the most decorated players in the Sweet FA having achieved a litany of awards since his debut as a part of the Alberton Swamprats in Season 18. He was instrumental in establishing the identity of the Sin City Swamprats after the club's struggles necessitated a rebrand. Following a breakout season in Season 20, Ant Bear established himself as one of the most relevant players in the league for the next 10 seasons contributing in a variety of ways in the league, from being one of the most consistently active posters in match threads, creating media and running the very popular game of SuperQoach, to being a pioneer of history and statistical compilation projects in the archives, creating the first club history thread for the Swamprats and assisting in other clubs.

Ant Bear's achieved success on and off the field, being a fixture in the All-SFA side with an impressive 8 selections demonstrating strong posting contributions along with good performances across multiple seasons. His best was Season 22, whereby he won both the Beez Trophy for most valuable poster and Mobbenfuhrer Medal in the same season. On a club level, Ant Bear was a great leader taking over the captaincy in Season 24 for the Swamprats, helping rebuild the list following a sudden exodus of players and became a premiership player in the Swamprats' Season 27 Grand Final win.

He would also provide support on the running of the league behind-the-scenes, being the chief statskeeper in Season 25 and Season 26 being recognised with the Frankston Rover Award for services to the league in Season 25. He would become Administrator himself in Season 28 where he would go onto have a controversial, but ultimately productive run in the role. Some of the initiatives under his tenure include, Life Memberships for those who have played 300+ games or more to recognise longevity in the league, a consolidated Team Sheets and Results thread to improve accessibility of data for historical recordkeeping, more empowerment of the committee through the application of the tribunal. When he left the role the league with had a record participation rate in Season 30 and in this season he was selected at Centre in the All-Time All-SFA Team.

Sausageroll - inducted Season 34

[insert graphic card]

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES:
  • 4x All-Sweet FA representative (S9-11, S24)*
  • 2x premiership player (S14, S26)
  • Bombers Captain (S10-11)
  • Bombers B&F (S10)
  • Top 10 games played of all time
  • MBD Best Defender (S24)
*No teams named (or recorded) in Seasons 7-8. Likely would have been more from these seasons.

NOTES/CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LEAGUE:

Now in his 25th season in the league, sausageroll is much-decorated and universally admired. Only nine players in the history of the league have played more games than sausageroll, eight of whom are already in the Hall of Fame.

A club captain, a Best and Fairest, an All-Sweet FA representative, a premiership player - there's not much that snags hasn't achieved in the league, and he's done it all in an extremely respectable manner. No nonsense, witty, and welcoming, sausageroll has truly been a strong asset to the league.

A particular highlight has been sausageroll's work and interaction with league rookies, including rookie retention. Easy it would be to take an arrogant or dismissive approach to new posters, given sausageroll has been an integral part of the league for so long, but this has never been the case for snags. Always happy to play in less glamorous positions, sausageroll has been a humble and consistent achiever across 13+ years in the league.

Headless - inducted Season 34

[insert graphic card]

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES:
  • x3 Premiership Player (S18, S26, S31)
  • x2 All-SFA Selections (S25, S27)
  • Mt. Buller Demons games record holder
  • Mt. Buller Demons greatest team ever
  • Mt. Buller Demons Hall of Fame
  • okeydoke7 Medal (S27)
  • Mt. Buller Demons Best Clubman (S24)
  • Mt. Buller Demons Best Backman (S27)
  • beez medallist (S33)
  • Strong media contributor, including advocacy for interchange positions
  • To our knowledge the only Sweet F.A. poster who has had a song written about him

NOTES/CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LEAGUE:

Headless is probably the most universally admired poster in the Sweet F.A. The leadership he's provided at Mt. Buller and his active and constructive presence in the league (after such a long time in the league) should certainly have him in line for inclusion to the league Hall of Fame.

Headless is self-sacrificial in his on-field role, insisting that he plays in the INT-2 position to allow less experienced posters get settled in the league while playing in more glamorous positions. While some take it as a joke, his work to advocate for less glamorous positions stats-wise is genuinely a strong way of increasing the appeal of the league to more posters, and will ultimately result in stronger retention and engagement. He is a thoughtful and intelligent poster and the league is fortunate to have him around.

He is (and has been for a long while) passionate about the league - he's known for reaching out to support people who are struggling and he sets the tone for everyone having fun around the place. His loyalty (to play with one club for his entire career) is also admirable, and signals a strong level of commitment.

Headless absolutely belongs in the league Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back