Roys FC (sweet FA) Sweet FA Season 16 : Roys FFC Broken medal count - Thursday 18th July 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 17
The Roys fans were right to be disappointed by last weeks efforts against a fellow bottom feeding team. With a matchup against the finals destined Gumbies this week those fans were hoping the boys could recapture the form that saw their boys take it up to the ladder leading teams recently.
Dampening the fans mood pre-game was the announcement from FattyLumpkin that he was hanging up his big fat boots. The mood changed as the Roys took the field and were competitive for the first quarter. 3KZ is Football and Broken had plenty of the ball and Fred was working hard up forward scoring 3 goals 2 as the Roys had a 2 point lead at the first intermission.
The Roys kept working hard in the second quarter. pantskyle couldn’t be stopped Ed_Gein and DREAM TEAM BUFF were working hard down back to preserve the Roys lead. And after the first half the Roys had a 1 point lead.
Fred continued his assault on the scoreboard kicking his 4th goal of the match, but unfortunately that followed a Roys behind, which followed 4 goals 4 from the Gumbies. Making it a 20 point margin after three quarters.
The Roys found their first half form in the last quarter pegging the Gumbies back after they increased their lead, but in a low scoring quarter than lapse in the 3rd proved to be fatal. ROYS 10.5.65 Gumbies 13.7.85

Votes:
6 – Fred
5 – Broken
4 – pantskyle
3 - Freakie
2 – Reardo
1 – Slax

Match Stats

Leaderboard:
45 – pantskyle
36 - 3KZ is Football
36 – Broken
32 – Reardo
31 – Freakie
29 - Ed_Gein
24 – DickyFitzwell
24 – Mobbenfuhrer
18 - Cheetah
18 – fitzroybulldog
15 – Fred
11 - Carn the Roys!
11 – Slax
8 - PTizzle
6 – killer
5 - icefreak
4 – Royboy2
2 - Kooka
2 - Roylion

ROUND 18
With the Broken medal decided we’ll quickly wrap this up. The Roys were official wooden spoon recipients and the Dragons needed a big win – and results going their way – to make the finals. That added up to a result that was so typical of the Roys putrid efforts this season. At quarter time we trailed by 27 points. At the half it was 32 points. Which stretched to 66 after 3 quarters before finally being a 79 point drubbing. Fred kicked 3 goals, pantskyle had 19 touches and 12 hitouts, fitzroybulldog had 4 tackles and the rest of the team had many, many post game Chudshakes ROYS 8.3.51 Dragons 20.10.130

Votes:
6 – pantskyle
5 – Ed_Gein
4 – Broken
3 - fitzroybulldog
2 – DREAM TEAM BUFF
1 – Reardo

Match Stats

BrokenMedal.png
SEASON 16 WINNER : PANTSKYLE
BrokenMedalVotes16_zpsefe3a50b.png

What a tense and long count. I'm Arnold Schwarzenegger and thank you for allowing me to host such a fantastic day. Broken will have some parting words and hopefully pantskyle can join us for his acceptance speech. Until then Hasta La Vista baby.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributed to the Roys this season. The match threads, the team threads, the SFA itself and the vote counts - your input, sense of humour and involvement in what was a tough season results wise was great and is a big reason why the Roys are seen as one of the best clubs around.

To the awards winners. Congrats on great seasons and especially pantskyle who was integral to this team this season as evidenced by the nights results. A shame to see you leave and believe it or not your loss will be felt.

For those ready to pull on the Roys jumper in Season 17 I look forward to doing it all again. After 3 seasons of disappointment a successful campaign is just around the corner ;) So keep an eye out on the team thread as the season won't be starting until later on in the year.

Also congratulations to anyone who read everything from tonights event. It makes my effort worth it :D

Thanks Roys.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad at that.

No doubt an absolute honour to wear a medal named after a legend of the club and someone I call a friend.

I truly am gutted. A Roy player should wear this.

Thanks guys. You created this monster. :)

I love the BJO. I hope I'll be welcome back if such a thing happened.

Fred

Premium Platinum
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Hall of Fame The Fred Medal RIP
Nov 17, 2000
Echuca
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
Very entertaining and well done.

Congrats to those who won something. Roll on next season - it's just has to be our time to shine.

Also, of course, thanks Broken for the fantastic effort and good read :thumbsu:

Yes without a doubt.

Created an amazing event. How long will it take for the League to realise who is the real elitist of the comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. See you at next seasons count then? ;)

I'll endeavour to be around more next season, and if I'm not I give you blokes full license to hassle me ;)

Btw it's also a honour to wear the Itsmyshow award again.
Pobably posted more on this thread than did the host :)

Congrats pants, also well doen to the other major votegetters eg Broken,3kz, etc. Onya Freakie for most cosistent, and Cheetah for most improved. Glad you could get some votes PTizzle ! I think this was my best polling season, too.

Broken what an awesome effort to put this together. It's tough yakka and you delivered a seamless product :thumbsu:

Ok I had better head donw to the BJO and change the locks.

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Alright just back from WA, set a few traps for pantskyle that should keep him busy for a while. What did I miss?

Freakie

Cool cool cool
10k Posts Pantskyle Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Todd Banfield 2010 Player Sponsor
Oct 23, 2009
Fitzroy?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Roys FC
Congrats pants, good luck at your new home, we'll miss you.

Broken, this was magnificent, you are a legend mate.

Everyone else, see you next season.

Cheetah

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2006
South Of The River
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Well done to all the winners and fantastic work yet again Brother Broken, you surely have no peer when it comes to running an awards night and top shindig.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable season even if it didn't quite pan out how we hoped.

Lets be back with a vengance for a tilt at the ultimate glory in season 17.

Go Roys, you good things!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back