Rules Sweet FA - Season 21 Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Amendments

Squad numbers reduced to 25.

Rule 13 - Practice matches.

3C - Eligibility to sign players - New amendment to accommodate delisted free agents in season.
Amendment to 24 hour rule whereby new players must post the application form in the OP.

4A - Submission rules - New penalty system for team submission violations.
- Clarification of the rules regarding spelling within a team sheet.
Spelling of names has to be correct. Cool. What about positions? Capital letters in names must be perfect too?

Spelling of names has to be correct. Cool. What about positions? Capital letters in names must be perfect too?

The latter is covered under the rule.

The former, again. has never been an issue for anybody bar you. For now they do it sufficiently. It will be updated in the off season officially as has always been the plan.

The latter is covered under the rule.

The former, again. has never been an issue for anybody bar you. For now they do it sufficiently. It will be updated in the off season officially as has always been the plan.
So I can write full forward instead of Full Forward?

I can or I have to? I can write full forward too yeah?

Just use what your team usually uses.

Planning on moving your full forward? You've only been in the job five minutes.

Just use what your team usually uses.

Planning on moving your full forward? You've only been in the job five minutes.
I just want to make sure as captain that I am in the same mind as you when it comes to rules knowing full well that you can suddenly interpret rules differently to I. I don't want to make a mistake and as admin, you should be facilitating me and ensuring that we follow the rules rather than encourage us to break them. You're helping me great so far.

I just want to make sure as captain that I am in the same mind as you when it comes to rules knowing full well that you can suddenly interpret rules differently to I. I don't want to make a mistake and as admin, you should be facilitating me and ensuring that we follow the rules rather than encourage us to break them. You're helping me great so far.

Absolutely. This is why rule 9 is my favourite.

Maybe you and I can work on the positional guidelines together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4A) Submission Rules - Teams need to be submitted by the time specified in the OP. If no time is specified in the OP, it can be assumed that the deadline for submission is the Thursday 11:59 PM Melbourne Time before a match. Teams must contain 20 eligible players, be submitted by the deadline and state "Official Team Sheet" in the same post. Teams must note positional changes from the previous round, including where the player played last round and where they are playing this round. Failure to submit a team sheet in the correct format (20 eligible players, positional changes, correct spelling and punctuation of every name within the whole team sheet and "official team sheet" in same post), or AT ALL will result in a warning on the first offence, a suspension to the offending clubs captain/s on the second offence and on a third offence (and additional), an immediate deduction of four premiership points and a suspension to the offending clubs captain/s.

A further clarification, these penalties apply to ALL potential team submission errors.

Here is an example team sheet with positional names, format "Position Name (Position Acronym)":
FB: Back Pocket (BP) - Full Back (FB) - Back Pocket (BP)
HB: Half Back Flank (HBF) - Centre Half Back (CHF) - Half Back Flank (HBF)
C: Wing (W) - Centre (C) - Wing (W)
HF: Half Forward Flank (HFF) - Centre Half Forward (CHF) - Half Forward Flank (HFF)
FF: Forward Pocket (FP) - Full Forward (FF) - Forward Pocket (FP)
R: Ruck (Ruck) - Ruck Rover (RR) - Rover (R)

INT: Interchange (INT) - Interchange (INT)

FWLIW, this is how I believe the rule should look, given the results of the tribunal. Bolded are the added parts. Removed the part of an honest mistake. It's either correct or it isn't. The example team sheet gives every captain a "baseline" of positions and removes any ambiguity of a) what position is where, b) how it is supposed to be laid out (some people put the ruck line between centre and half forward) and c) what acronym used so people don't get confused between ruck, ruck rover and rover.

This beautiful passive-aggressiveness from ClarkeM brings a tear to my eye. Schooling the current Admin, showing him up, just brilliant. Please don't stop.

glee-proud.gif

This beautiful passive-aggressiveness from ClarkeM brings a tear to my eye. Schooling the current Admin, showing him up, just brilliant. Please don't stop.

glee-proud.gif

It's wonderful you think that. And here's me thinking I'm just humouring him before he goes back into slumber.

FWLIW, this is how I believe the rule should look, given the results of the tribunal. Bolded are the added parts. Removed the part of an honest mistake. It's either correct or it isn't. The example team sheet gives every captain a "baseline" of positions and removes any ambiguity of a) what position is where, b) how it is supposed to be laid out (some people put the ruck line between centre and half forward) and c) what acronym used so people don't get confused between ruck, ruck rover and rover.

Actually that is so good I'm probably going to ratify it tomorrow. Why wait?

The Filth Wizard

I would like to see a full step by step process on how to post a team sheet.
I couldn't be in more agreeance.

We demand excellency yet there is "benefit of the doubt" ridden throughout the rules.

I have always been saying that there needs to be a clear format in the rules to follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back