Media Sweet FA Surprise Packet Of The Week S29 | This Week's Guest... Cactus_

Remove this Banner Ad

Dinsdale
tx4AuOq.png

It's back!

So after starting out with a bang, it turns out last season we just ended up being rarely surprised after the first few rounds.

So much so that I shelved the thread, and had not real intention of bringing it back for a second run. However already in Season 29, we've been impressed not only by this season's crop of rookie recruits, but by some returning former stars, and some of the up and coming second and third year players across the competition, to the extent that we've dusted this one off, put a new lick of paint on it, put some rims on it and chucked some 12 inch subbies in the boot, ready to roll it out for Season 29.

This season, we here at TiFmedia will once again be keeping a keen eye across the competition, as we look to highlight some of the more underrated shining lights and hidden gems of the Sweet F.A, in a segment we call...

Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week.

ROUND 1

43098.jpg

Dinsdale
Coney Island Warriors

This week to kick off the new season, we've chosen to take a deep dive into the world of second year Coney Island Warrior Dinsdale.

After a rookie season even the man himself would acknowledge was a low key entry into the competition, the Warriors midfielder has hit his stride early in Season 29, contributing strongly both on and off the field in a close fought win against the East Side Hawks. Surprising even his staunchest supporters, including his own captain, Dinsdale announced himself with career high numbers on field, as he well and truly staked his claim to a prime position at the club in S29 with his presence off it, with the emerging Warrior making a splash in what promises to be a break out season for the recruit from the Bay.

He's even made his first foray into the Sweet FA media landscape with his highly successful and promising Bay cross over competition,
Margin Mania.

We caught up with Dinsdale after our win on the weekend for a bit of a chat as we looked to gain a deeper insight into what changed for him heading into the new season, and what has been the impetus for an off the charts spike in engagement and enthusiasm for him early in his second season in the competition.

2ueIDKU.png

TheinjuryFactory: Congratulations Dinsdale, you’re the first Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week for Season 29!

First things first, what’s your favourite flavour potato chip?

Dinsdale: Last week it was...
1580770043929-png.817234

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Elton Johns Wig would highly approve of these chips. It's 'whisky' goddamn it. Eat s**t I Dont Care you're wrong!)

...but this week it's crunchy frog flavour.

TiF: You’ve made a ripping start to your second season in the competition Dins, even surprising your skipper with a big posting week and a big presence around the club to kick off 2020 and season 29, just as the club looks like taking some big steps forward. You’ve even brought your highly successful Margin Mania competition to the Sweet FA in your first media outing. I’m sure even by your own measure you’d acknowledge last season was a pretty low key one in your rookie season. What’s changed for you this season?

D: The big change was starting to care about SFA, previously I was treating it as some sort of figment of my imagination, but I've come to realise that even the unreal can be real.

TiF:
You debuted with the club last season, having been recruited from the Warriors' traditional feeder zone of Bay 13. What brought you to the Sweet FA?

D: Well harry000 gave me a choice of paying him the 42 bags of Jelly Babies I owed him from a stupid bet, or join the Coney Island Warriors on a big fat virtual contract, so I took the contract.

TiF:
Who has been your biggest influence since joining the comp?

D: I hold my teammates in high esteem, I've known most of them via Bay 13 for years, but I get inspired by the opposition banter mostly, if only they were funnier.

TiF:
What is the weirdest thing you’ve come across at the club since joining, and why is it @zackah‘s wart?

D: Look, its about time we all stopped poking fun at his wart, I like to call it his second head, who I call Zackah Prime.

TiF:
It must be tough to pass on your rookie responsibilities to Tonga Bob and Randomizor this season, I know I found it tough to adjust, but will you miss your gig cleaning up the whore tree this season?

D: That tree never looked better than when I was done with it, Tongas and Randy better look after it properly, especially with the goo removal.

71eHhX3ugCL._AC_UL210_SR210,210_.jpg

There's gunna be a whole lot of a goo at Coney Island this season

TiF: Some observers probably think there’s a lot of w***ers here at the club, but you’ve been around here long enough now to know there are, so who’s the biggest w***er of them all?

D: Winners? the biggest winner is comewhatmay , she's my biggest fan.

TiF:
Speaking of your good friend and smoking buddy comewhatmay, she took out the best and fairest award at the club last season, winning the highly coveted Frankston Rover Medal for her barnstorming Season 28 and earning a much deserved debut All-SFA berth in the process.

Tell us one thing we might not know about her that makes you laugh?

D: Apart from a rapier like wit, and great sense of timing, the webbed left foot, her predilection for caramel Tim Tams, huge Gin intake, and cigar smoking, the funniest thing about her is problem with pronouncing the word "anaesthetist"

TiF:
There’s been an explosion of high quality media to kick off the season, have you had a chance to delve into any of it? And if so, what’s been your favourite media piece so far?

D: The competitions within the SFA are a real highlight, especially the Margin Mania comp, I expect that will get stickied to the top of the list real soon if the mods have any brains.

(EDITORS NOTE: Skipper's done some media too mate...:huh:)

TiF: Haha have you met NaturalDisaster?! :drunk:

If you were picking your own side from scratch, who would be the first player you would pick, and why?

D: I would pick my own teammate BEEG because he has his own footy boots.

tenor.gif

Wow.

TiF: Who’s going to win the spoon?

D: The Mount Buller Demons will have a dramatic fall from grace, once the virus worm I just wrote inserts itself into the Qooty code. It kicks itself off every time someone opens this thread...

TiF:
This week, as seems to be a Sweet FA tradition, most of the drama has centered around interpretations of rules, squad lists, team sheets and for a point of difference, mass Tony confusion. Fun stuff. If you could change one thing about the Sweet FA, what would you change?

D: Since we appear to be in the 29th season, everyone should know the rules by now, so anyone who breaks them and complains should get an auto-suspension.

My only Tony confusion stems from the fact I have no idea who this Tony guy is.

But one thing I would change is to bring in a bigger list of events for the Qooty random thing to choose from.

TiF: Sounds like a job for our very own Randomizor! or maybe the wheel of punishment eh Harvey Manfrenjensenden? Either way I approve. :thumbsu:

Well cheers Dinsdale, your season's off to a flyer in Season 29 and we here at TiFmedia are lucky enough to have a front row seat to your show and we look forward to watching you take the competition by storm this season mate. Thank you for your time and congratulations on being the inaugural selection for Season 29's TiFmedia Surprise Packet of the Week. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

tx4AuOq.png

It's back!

So after starting out with a bang, it turns out last season we just ended up being rarely surprised after the first few rounds.

So much so that I shelved the thread, and had not real intention of bringing it back for a second run. However already in Season 29, we've been impressed not only by this season's crop of rookie recruits, but by some returning former stars, and some of the up and coming second and third year players across the competition, to the extent that we've dusted this one off, put a new lick of paint on it, put some rims on it and chucked some 12 inch subbies in the boot, ready to roll it out for Season 29.

Each week this season, we here at TiFmedia will once again be keeping a keen eye across the competition, as we look to highlight some of the more underrated shining lights and hidden gems of the Sweet F.A, in a segment we call...

Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week.

ROUND 1

43098.jpg

Dinsdale
Coney Island Warriors

This week to kick off the new season, we've chosen to take a deep dive into the world of second year Coney Island Warrior Dinsdale.

After a rookie season even the man himself would acknowledge was a low key entry into the competition, the Warriors midfielder has hit his stride early in Season 29, contributing strongly both on and off the field in a close fought win against the East Side Hawks. Surprising even his staunchest supporters, including his own captain, Dinsdale announced himself with career high numbers on field, as he well and truly staked his claim to a prime position at the club in S29 with his presence off it, with the emerging Warrior making a splash in what promises to be a break out season for the recruit from the Bay.

He's even made his first foray into the Sweet FA media landscape with his highly successful and promising Bay cross over competition,
Margin Mania.

We caught up with Dinsdale after our win on the weekend for a bit of a chat as we looked to gain a deeper insight into what changed for him heading into the new season, and what has been the impetus for an off the charts spike in engagement and enthusiasm for him early in his second season in the competition.

2ueIDKU.png

TheinjuryFactory: Congratulations Dinsdale, you’re the first Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week for Season 29!

First things first, what’s your favourite flavour potato chip?

Dinsdale: Last week it was...
1580770043929-png.817234

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Elton Johns Wig would highly approve of these chips. It's 'whisky' goddamn it. Eat s**t I Dont Care you're wrong!)

...but this week it's crunchy frog flavour.

TiF: You’ve made a ripping start to your second season in the competition Dins, even surprising your skipper with a big posting week and a big presence around the club to kick off 2020 and season 29, just as the club looks like taking some big steps forward. You’ve even brought your highly successful Margin Mania competition to the Sweet FA in your first media outing. I’m sure even by your own measure you’d acknowledge last season was a pretty low key one in your rookie season. What’s changed for you this season?

D: The big change was starting to care about SFA, previously I was treating it as some sort of figment of my imagination, but I've come to realise that even the unreal can be real.

TiF:
You debuted with the club last season, having been recruited from the Warriors traditional feeder zone of Bay 13. What brought you to the Sweet FA?

D: Well harry000 gave me a choice of paying him the 42 bags of Jelly Babies I owed him from a stupid bet, or join the Coney Island Warriors on a big fat virtual contract, so I took the contract.

TiF:
Who has been your biggest influence since joining the comp?

D: I hold my teammates in high esteem, I've known most of them via Bay 13 for years, but I get inspired by the opposition banter mostly, if only they were funnier.

TiF:
What is the weirdest thing you’ve come across at the club since joining, and why is it @zackah‘s wart?

D: Look, its about time we all stopped poking fun at his wart, I like to call it his second head, who I call Zackah Prime.

TiF:
It must be tough to pass on your rookie responsibilities to Tonga Bob and Randomizor this season, I know I found it tough to adjust, but will you miss your gig cleaning up the whore tree this season?

D: That tree never looked better than when I was done with it, Tongas and Randy better look after it properly, especially with the goo removal.

71eHhX3ugCL._AC_UL210_SR210,210_.jpg

There's gunna be a whole lot of a goo at Coney Island this season

TiF: Some observers would say there’s a lot of w***ers here at the club, you’ve been around long enough now to get to know everyone, so who’s the biggest w***er of them all?

D: Winners? the biggest winner is comewhatmay , she's my biggest fan.

TiF:
Speaking of your good friend and smoking buddy comewhatmay, she took out the best and fairest award at the club last season, winning the highly coveted Frankston Rover Medal for her barnstorming Season 28 and earning a much deserved debut All-SFA berth in the process.

Tell us one thing we might not know about her that makes you laugh?

D: Apart from a rapier like wit, and great sense of timing, the webbed left foot, her predilection for caramel Tim Tams, huge Gin intake, and cigar smoking, the funniest thing about her is problem with pronouncing the word "anaesthetist"

TiF:
There’s been an explosion of high quality media to kick off the season, have you had a chance to delve into any of it? And if so, what’s been your favourite media piece so far?

D: The competitions within the SFA are a real highlight, especially the Margin Mania comp, I expect that will get stickied to the top of the list real soon if the mods have any brains.

(EDITORS NOTE: Skipper's done some media too mate, should probably check that out...:huh:)

TiF: Haha have you met NaturalDisaster?! :drunk:

If you were picking your own side from scratch, who would be the first player you would pick, and why?

D: I would pick my own teammate BEEG because he has his own footy boots.

tenor.gif

Wow. I put it on the tee and he smashes me in the nuts with it

TiF: Who’s going to win the spoon?

D: The Mount Buller Demons will have a dramatic fall from grace, once the virus worm I just wrote inserts itself into the Qooty code. It kicks itself off every time someone opens this thread...

TiF:
This week, as seems to be a Sweet FA tradition, most of the drama has centered around interpretations of rules, squad lists, team sheets and for a point of difference, mass Tony confusion. Fun stuff. If you could change one thing about the Sweet FA, what would you change?

D: Since we appear to be in the 29th season, everyone should know the rules by now, so anyone who breaks them and complains should get an auto-suspension.

My only Tony confusion stems from the fact I have no idea who this Tony guy is.

But one thing I would change is to bring in a bigger list of events for the Qooty random thing to choose from.

TiF: Sounds like a job for our very own Randomizor! or maybe the wheel of punishment eh Harvey Manfrenjensenden? Either way I approve. :thumbsu:

Well cheers Dinsdale, your season's off to a flyer in Season 29 and we here at TiFmedia are lucky enough to have a front row seat to your show and we look forward to watching you take the competition by storm this season mate. Thank you for your time and congratulations on being the inaugural selection for Season 29's TiFmedia Surprise Packet of the Week. :thumbsu:

The only time I eat s**t is when I try to digest your posts, The Injured Factstick :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work Dinsdale

If anyone debated whether or not Im a team player in the past they only have to look at the jelly babies I have foregone to get him to the club. #sacrifice

TiF: You debuted with the club last season, having been recruited from the Warriors' traditional feeder zone of Bay 13. What brought you to the Sweet FA?

[me imagining the 42 bags of jelly babies were Haribo sugar free gummy bears]

Big-Splash_o_103953.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back