Media Sweet FA Team of the Week Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Team of the Week Round 9.png

Defenders
BP - kane249 (Bears) - He continues to impress for the Bears and can lay claim to being the most consistent player in the competition. Had 17 disposals and 8 marks, keeping his opponent to 1 goal, and finished with 70 DT points off a flank.

FB - NaturalDisaster (Furies) - It was an inspired defensive performance for the Furies, keeping the Dragons to just 8 goals, and leading the way was captain and full back NaturalDisaster. Lining up on somewhat erratic full forward PhenomenalV1, he limited him to just 1 kick and 1 goal, playing an amazing lockdown role in which he got just 2 touches himself. A very selfless performance.

BP - Wooshette (Warriors) - The full back spot eludes her, and yet again someone else had a marginally better performance. But she is still, in my eyes, the All-SFA full back at present and kept rookie FF FinBar19 to just 5 kicks and 2 goals whilst having 11 touches and 1 mark herself.

HB - VSTone (Dragons) - VSTone had an absolute blinder for the Dragons in their 47 point loss to the Furies, keeping his opponent to just 1 goal whilst picking up 21 disposals and 7 marks himself.

CHB - ABray10 (Demons) - The Dees sprang a change, moving FinBar19 into full forward and ABray into defence. Ironically, FinBar struggled but ABray10 got another TOTW nomination, this time at centre half back. He took 5 marks and had 19 disposals, as well as 5 tackles, and kept SFA legend Itsmyshow to 11 touches and 1 goal. Might have found his best position.

HB - LukeParkerno1 (Swamprats) - Probably the best small defender in the Sweet FA right now, he was dominant in the air, taking 11 marks to go with his 15 disposals and 2 tackles.

Midfield
W - Hate (Furies) - Sometimes you get those games where one player is so clearly best on ground that it is essentially remembered as their game, and that was definitely the case with Hate's performance against the Dragons. He picked up a whopping 39 touches, 13 more than anyone else on the ground, as well as taking 6 marks and kicking a goal.

C - Tandy (Bears) - Tandy has to be one of the best midseason signings in recent memory, slotting into a powerhouse Bears outfit and playing some incredible qooty. This week, he nearly broke the 150 DT barrier with 142, courtesy of 33 touches, 9 marks, 3 touches and 4 goals in one of the best rookie games of all time.

W - RU_ (Gumbies) - A veteran winding back the clock and having an indelibe impact on the game was RU_. Had 31 touches but more impressively 12 marks, finishing with 111 DT points in the losing side.

Ru - Matty411 (Bombers) - After a slow start and increased pressure on his position, Matty has completely turned things around, with a bench spot in last week's TOTW and now the undisputed starting ruckman. Even with his side conceding 26 goals, he dominated his opponent and finished with an impressive statline of 21 hitouts, 25 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals.

RR - fitzroybowiedog (Roys) - FBD has had a slow start to the season off the back of the best individual season of all time, starting as a defender and at times playing himself off the bench. He played ruck rover all day against the Swamprats, finishing with 27 touches and a round high 11 tackles, back to his 3-vote best.

Ro - Thatsapaddlin (Royals) - Like Hate, Thatspaddlin was head and shoulders above the rest in the Royals 48 point win over the Hawks. He picked up a game high 29 disposals, a game high 8 tackles, a game high 5 frees for and kicked 2 first half goals to help the Royals lead by by 46 points at the main break.

Forwards
HF - PVF (Wonders) - He's had a quiet season but played the high half forward role to perfection. Took 10 marks and was a constant option moving forward for the Wonders midfield. 21 disposals and a goal round off a tidy display.

CHF - Mooch (Roys) - The Roys full forward is without a shadow of a doubt the league's in-form forward at the moment, with a bag of 6.3 taking him to 22 goals in the past 3 weeks. He annihilated his opposition again, had 4 free kicks as well, and was definitely the second best full forward of the round.

HF - RookiePick (Bears) - The experience half forward flanker had a great game in the chevrons, kicking 3 goals and accumulating 24 disposals. Had just 4 marks, but was a menace around the packs, constantly crumbing and laying 5 tackles.

FP - Noobz0r (Hawks) - Sometimes art imitates life, and it was a Jack Riewoldt style performance from Noobz0r that caught the eye. With his team under the pump, he continued to work hard and kicked an impressive 5 of his team's measly 8 goals, one of the few Hawks that can hold their head high.

FF - okeydoke7 (Wonders) - The Wonders have had a very slow start to the season, and full forward recruit okeydoke was yet to have his breakout game at his new club. A 44 point win over the Gumbies has changed that as he kicked an impressive bag of 7 goals, kicking them even when he was moved into a pocket late in the game.

FP - GreyCrow (Royals) - It was a muddy, wet, shitty day out at the Golden Throne and so credit has to go to the battlers of that game, namely ruckman GreyCrow. Was edged in the hitout battle 10 to 13 but managed to pick up 13 touches, 3 tackles and 2 goals, with an Adjusted Dream Team total of 105 considering the torrid conditions.

Interchange
Int - manangatang (Demons) - He's swapped positions with Matty this week, but the league's most underrated poster was good enough to stay at least on the bench this week. Comfortably won the hitout battle against Freofalcon and Raveneyes with 16 to 9 combined, giving his mids first use, and managed 23 touches, 2 tackles and 2 goals himself.

Int - pantskyle (Warriors) - Another strong performance from the new signing, making it onto the bench in a narrow loss to the Demons. He ended up with 23 touches, 10 tackles and 3 goals, and did his best to turn the tide with the Warriors coming from 38 points down at half time to lose by 8.

=============================​

Sweet FA Team of the Week Leaderboard
5 - kane249 (LVB)
4 - BigJoeD_ (CIW), Pie 4 Life (DRA), The Half Back (ESH), Wooshette (CIW)
3 - _Cayz_ (BOM), ABray10 (MBD), Blacky (GCR), cats2rise (MBD), Freofalcon (CIW), LukeParkerno1 (SCS), Mooch (ROY), Smartys Power (GCR), Tigerturbulance (FUR)
2 - BEEG (BOM), Biggie (ESH), BRAB (GUM), Broken (ROY), Cactus_ (WON), DapperJong (CIW), fitzroybowiedog (ROY), GreyCrow (GCR), gym4life (LVB), Hate (FUR), Itsmyshow (CIW), jd2010 (GUM), JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB), Ljp86 (DRA), manangatang (MBD), Matty411 (BOM), NaturalDisaster (FUR), Noobz0r (ESH), pantskyle (CIW), Shermy (BOM), SM (GUM), Tandy (LVB), Tarkyn_24 (MBD), Tony Lynn 15 (BOM), VSTone (DRA), Wayne's-World (DRA)

Look, I can't just rename RR to 'bloke that kept Rodney to 3 touches again'.
I’ve had a rebirth, I am the tagger now.
Well it can’t be a rebirth when you’ve never been born, but I have found a purpose.
Royals unstoppable from here.

I’ve had a rebirth, I am the tagger now.
Well it can’t be a rebirth when you’ve never been born, but I have found a purpose.
Royals unstoppable from here.

I'll keep an eye out for ya mate.

I think hes saying to keep an eye out on the lack of posessions his opponents get each week.

I didn't convey that very well, but yeah, I'll keep an eye out on Rodders and his opponent. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back