Competitions Sweet FA Tour of BigFooty - Carlton Board vs SFA Board - TODAY 1pm-2pm(ish)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot the parent with young kids...
When my kids were young (yes I'm an old fossil now), I would regularly tell them, "I helped bring you into this world, and I can take you out of it just as easily!!!!!"

When my kids were young (yes I'm an old fossil now), I would regularly tell them, "I helped bring you into this world, and I can take you out of it just as easily!!!!!"
Ahhh all this time I was thinking “how’s this guy South Australian? He seems witty and normal!” But there it is.

Ahhh all this time I was thinking “how’s this guy South Australian? He seems witty and normal!” But there it is.
No-one has ever thought that.

Just don't criticise our water. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you chew it 3 times before swallowing it.

I swear this has just happened.

My older son is getting ready for bedtime when, out of the blue, he starts laughing out loud.

— What's going on, son?
— DAD JOKES ARE GREAT!

I swear this has just happened.

My older son is getting ready for bedtime when, out of the blue, he starts laughing out loud.

— What's going on, son?
— DAD JOKES ARE GREAT!
I remember the time my son was getting ready for bed - at least I thought he was, and he says to me, "Dad, can I have a glass of water?"

I replied, "Really son? But that will be your 10th glass."

Without batting an eyelid, he says, "Yeah I know - my bedroom is on fire."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the time my son was getting ready for bed - at least I thought he was, and he says to me, "Dad, can I have a glass of water?"

I replied, "Really son? But that will be your 10th glass."

Without batting an eyelid, he says, "Yeah I know - my bedroom is on fire."
This is so much something my son would say that I've just gone to look in his room to make sure it's not on fire right now.

Speaking of children, I'm constantly blown away by the names certain people burden their kids with. Apparently Usain Bolt and his wife have just had a little girl - they've called her Olympia Lightning Bolt!!!!!

Is suing your parents a thing these days?????

Awesome effort Blues to collect a squad together so quickly and emphatically! For those who are unused to the way this works, hope you enjoy the spect- (or deb-) acle :)

Just a little history: In the first 2 seasons of the Sweet FA (2001 and 2002) all teams were fantastical grouping without AFL comparisons. In Season 03 AFL-relevant teams began to crop up and in many ways became the dominant theme for a new team. In Season 04, the "Blues Brothers" were formed, and played just the solitary season before departing. Hate may be able to give a quick rundown on that team's success.

After about the first dozen seasons, the began to deliberately shy away from AFL-comparative teams. One of the main factors behind this was to ensure robustness of clubs - if you're reliant on just one supporter group to fill your list, you could back yourself into a corner if they aren't forthcoming.

While links can still be drawn - (Port Adelaide - Sin City Swamprats, Geelong - Gumbies FFC, Richmond - Fighting Furies, Essendon - Baghdad Bombers, Roys FFC - Fitzroy), clubs now welcome fans of any club. There's an eclectic mix of references behind each club these days.

The Blues Brothers were based at (duh) "Princes Park" in the suburb of Nou Camp, in Sweet Municipality. This ground has since been demolished to make way for a mega commercial hub monstrosity called Los Carraras Shopping Complex.

After departing the Sweet FA at the end of Season 04, the Blues Brothers moved into domestic leagues and relocated to a field in Dun Lop suburb, and continued for another dozen seasons before it dissolved completely.

If you have any questions, please ask. I'll make up answers on the fly.

I was looking forward to visiting Phil is his hometown of snowtown, maybe I should hold off

Speaking of children, I'm constantly blown away by the names certain people burden their kids with. Apparently Usain Bolt and his wife have just had a little girl - they've called her Olympia Lightning Bolt!!!!!

Is suing your parents a thing these days?????

Worst one we have heard recently is Axel Blaze.

Parenthood definitely has its benefits. My young bloke and I were driving one night (well actually it was just me driving - having him on my lap would have been slightly illegal :)), when suddenly he pipes up and says, "Dad: what's 10 times 2016?"

I'm thinking, "Is this a trick question?" But I didn't share my suspicions with him - I said, "20160."

Then he floored me by saying, "Oh that's right - that's 64 times 315, isn't it?"

I nearly drove into a light pole!!!!!! I don't need to watch the movie Rain Man, because I'm living with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back