Competitions Sweet FA Tour of BigFooty - GWS Board vs SFA Board. What's Qooty - come find out! Game on Sat 25/1

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m beginning to suspect that you are making up this story of GF glory - you can’t even remember the year it happened.....

Sorry mate, it was S24, When you go back to back it is easy to lose track.

If we are going to talk about crowd volume lets show some credit to the port fans that nowhere near amass the numbers of those at Tiger land but once INXS starts playing Adelaide Oval becomes a decibel readers worse nightmare

It actually makes me cringe when that comes on.

Everyone down there needs to be answering a lot of questions, but enough about that lets talk about your hatred for INXS... Hutcho was a SAINT

Didn't hate INXS but felt they were overrated.

Hello Giants fans, I am The Half Back, the greatest Half Back to ever lace up the boots.

That is all, continue with the rest of your day.

I have been, a bit of a story to it, but I think it is interesting (others may disagree 😁). We were living Breakfast point (where all the players lived) when they came in and saw the players around a lot. They also heavily engaged the community. At that stage I loosely followed the Swans, but not really. I was at the time heavily involved with both Rugby codes (and am to a lesser extent now) and they were my main games, but I love all sports and would watch the Swans occasionally and follow the finals but wasn't really an AFL fan. Once the Giants came in a felt a bit of affinity for them as I'm a Western Sydney boy and would see all the players and was planning on taking an interest in them, but the day of the first game a lucky encounter fast tracked it. Two kids in the full Giants gear were having a kick, my dog went took there ball, so when I went to give it back had a bit of chat. Worked out they were playing that night and they we're pretty excited. When we got out of ear shot, one of the kids said to the other "can you believe when we wake up tomorrow we'll be AFL players". My wife and I loved it! We were seeing 2 kids about to live their dream, so we decided to go to the game and have been on board since. The early years when we were getting beat up, the young blokes kept having a massive dig and I was hooked.
Guess I m. The sort of guy the AFL was trying to attract with the Giants, a casual observer who was open to the game but not really engaged. Now I'm a member, watch most games each weekend plus the footy shows on fox, play Super Coach and am soon to be the greatest Qooty ruckman.of all time.
Try to get to 4 or 5 games a year and was lucky enough to go to the GF last year.

Great story and 1 that i can relate too ALOT

I coach and my son plays at the local club who were originally the Cats but because of all the players staying the Breakfast Point Sheedy and staff included wanted to put them on the map in the community

The President for the local club would drink at the local pub and in comes Sheedy who said he wanted to re-brand the club and after a few beers we got re-branded to the Giants

I joined the club many years ago when my son started team sports only because it was the Giants, if they were the Cats i wouldn't have joined....lol
I travel alot for training and on match days but the family (I) wouldnt change any of it had so many experiences over the years and my family and son would not have had if it wasnt for GWS and the culture they have established

The players have been and continue to be fantastic with the kids and the local community and with alot being there since they were 17-18 you can see why so many continue to re-sign

So many families joined the local club from experiences that you and your family had

Great to have you onboard GWS Goose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Giants fans, I am The Half Back, the greatest Half Back to ever lace up the boots.

That is all, continue with the rest of your day.

Arguably the biggest half back flanker in the league.

Orange Army lets give it ago both GWS Goose and myself need your help

I have started a SuperCoach GWS league and throwing in a prize
So give this a ago and enjoy the rest of the week

Orange Army if your not sure and your on the fence, just say hello like GWS Goose

This is not a pitch to donate but rather to show you how great the people are on SFA

Yes there is banter, gif's and sometimes i don't know what goes on but it's a community within the BF site

Players band together when real life issues are going on, players lean on each other if they desire, raise awareness for issues going on and
assist with donating to great causes.

Thanks to the great people like TheInjuryFactory who started the following thread

Club sites, yes you talk all things your clubs football. SFA is alot more meet players across the site you wouldnt if only on your club site and most of all have alot of fun and create some great friendships

If you didnt know we actually started the AFL Origin Game for the Bushfire Appeal on Feb 28th

See post#33, seen by AFL top dogs and players, thats right we make things happen

And on a lighter note thanks to Harvey Manfrenjensenden there is a So you think you can dance Comp in the off season while we are waiting for the almighty Rd.1 to start

All said and done, if it's not your cuppa tea that's fine just say hello be involved the remainder of the week and have a chat to the boys from SFA

Last edited:
Hey GWS Goose, it's looking a little quiet in here but we'd love to have you over at Sweet FA if you're up for it. Feel free to come over and find a club. TedDougChris is with the Roys, I'm with the Gumbies and we've got 10 other clubs all with different identities and needs for players.

Hey GWS Goose, it's looking a little quiet in here but we'd love to have you over at Sweet FA if you're up for it. Feel free to come over and find a club. TedDougChris is with the Roys, I'm with the Gumbies and we've got 10 other clubs all with different identities and needs for players.

Agreed, you seem a good sport GWS Goose - we have a very open recruitment policy at the Roys !!.

DC17E6FC-DD51-4D71-B4AF-C06172190DC8.gif

I'll definitely join. Looks like fun.

Now, it is important that you join the right team !! And the right team is - anyone that isn’t the Bombers !!

I'll definitely join. Looks like fun.
Welcome. Thanks for taking an interest.

Having joined BF within the last year I can say the the SFA is the best part of this website.

There are a couple teams that feature orange pretty heavily in their branding and kit. Might help ease the transition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back