Sweet FA Tour of BigFooty - The Bulldogs Board vs the Sweet FA

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Tour Image.png

Hello to all on the Bulldogs Board, greetings from the Sweet FA.

Have you ever wanted to do this ?

Or this ??

While at the same time doing this ???

sleep gif.gif

Well, now you have the ability to win a game of football off your own boot, while relaxing on the couch on your phone – all through the miracle of Qooty !! The Bulldogs board moderators have given us permission to host a game of Qooty here at the Dogs board over the next week or so.

Qooty is a football simulation program, which allows a game of footy to be simulated and outputted in text form. Basically, your username along with 19 teammates – play against an opposition side of 20 – with the program producing play by play commentary during the game, scores and stats summaries at the end

4 : 2.32 {lW} - The ball is now with Taylor.
4 : 2.35 {lW} - Draws a man and then with hands to Allikat.
4 : 2.38 {lW} - That's a massive kick from Allikat.
4 : 2.42 {lW} - It could be a goal. It is a goal.

The 4 signifies the 4th quarter; the 2.32 is the time elapsed, and the {lW} is ground position (left wing). At the end of the game, a stats sheet is posted so everyone can brag about their performance:

Rich (BB code):
ESH SENIORS Vs BOM SENIORS
ESH 3 4 7 5 10 7 15 7 97
BOM 6 3 10 8 17 11 23 12 150

ESH HO K M H T FF FA G B Dt
brahj 0 9 0 11 10 2 0 1 0 97

Qooty is played on the Sweet FA board of BigFooty, and consists of 12 teams (who make up the league) – who play two 16/17 game seasons every year, followed by finals. Each week consists of 5 – 6 days of banter, sledging and good humour (within BigFooty rules) – followed by the match simulation on Sunday afternoon. Followed by bragging, excuses and much humble pie… Blaming the Simulation is not only encouraged, it's practically a league rule.

The season also includes team and league awards presentations, representative sides, media production, photoshopping and as well as a lot of fun and banter.

AFL allegiances are left at the door; people from different clubs work together harmoniously – for the betterment of your Sweet FA club. It's all about fun and banter, based on the SFA team you play for, not the AFL team you support. The SFA began in 2001, and has now been running for 32 seasons. There is much history, and career stats are a treasured source of pride and banter.

WHO ARE THE SWEET F.A CLUBS?
34ED37E5-4BD5-439E-839E-5B7622FA65CF.png

What do you need to do?

Simply sign up to represent the Board by saying "in" or some other form of acceptance in this thread
. You don't need to do anything else, although the attraction about the game is bantering with the opposition team in the lead-up to the game: things like "You're the worst CHF in the history of Qooty"; "I'm gonna run through you so hard, they'll need a spatula to pick you up" etc. Skills like posting gifs and memes are also attractive; basically, it's all about having fun and interacting with people from other boards in a friendly manner on neutral terms.

Once we have enough interest, we'll setup teams and run everyone through a game of Qooty. Please join up for a shot with the likes of _Mike_ , fitzroybowiedog , cooney and myself, as we take on the best (quietly sfellows) the Sweet FA has to offer.

The matches are decided by a random text simulator called Qooty.
The matches play out entirely randomly. The simulator produces a text transcript of commentary, provides statistics, and maintains a season. Results are determined entirely by the random number generating functions of a computer.

SO what do I need you to do?
All I need from you is just to say that you're interested in playing by posting in this thread. We need 20 players. If we don't get this, any name can be entered into the program.

DO I have to do anything?
You will not need to do anything (except call your opponent names :p )

WHO wants to play a stupid fantasy game?
Over 260 people, each season play in just our league. We couldn't care less if you think it's childish :cool:.
If you wish to live vicariously through your username, or relive the glory days of your youth, come try it - it may be for you!

WHO are we playing?
You'll be playing a representative team from the Sweet F.A. Despite their myriad of achievements, their performance is as much at the mercy of the randomness of the sim as yours is.

What if I want more Qooty?
After the game on Sunday, if you enjoyed the week and want more, then please post your interest in this thread, and a captain or representative from a club that is searching for players will contact you. You will likely get several offers: it is entirely your choice as to which team you join. A new season will be starting in the next few weeks; it is an ideal time to join up.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Hello all, apologies for the tagging, just hoping a few of you would be interested in giving this a shot for a one-off game here this week. No obligation - 30 day free trial or your money back. If you join in now, there is a free set of steak knives*, but wait - there is more.....

Fossie 32 , Norm De Guerre , Dogs_r_barking , Dannnnnnnnnn , Igloo , Dogs_R_Us , Dry Rot , Testekill , weltschmerz , stefoid , doggies ftw , Bulldogs85 , X_box_X , Deadly Dunkley , dogwatch , Optimistic Dog

If you are willing to give it a shot, just reply with In, or Yes - or similar, and I'll sort you out with a spot.

You could channel your inner Kelvin Templeton v St Kilda at either CHF or FF. You could try and match Westy's record number of B&F's at a club. Or prove the value of a good ruckman through centre square dominance - all while kicking back and being out of the summer heat....

* - steak knives may be completely fictional....

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Pugz89 , Turtle3 , MYOB , maddog37 , TempletonTheRat - any interest in having a one-off, simulated game on here over the next week ??

Your chance to shine on the big stage and put your name up in lights ???

And you can even relive the old days - while having a beer and a ciggie during the game !!!

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Hello all, apologies for the tagging, just hoping a few of you would be interested in giving this a shot for a one-off game here this week. No obligation - 30 day free trial or your money back. If you join in now, there is a free set of steak knives*, but wait - there is more.....

Fossie 32 , Norm De Guerre , Dogs_r_barking , Dannnnnnnnnn , Igloo , Dogs_R_Us , Dry Rot , Testekill , weltschmerz , stefoid , doggies ftw , Bulldogs85 , X_box_X , Deadly Dunkley , dogwatch , Optimistic Dog

If you are willing to give it a shot, just reply with In, or Yes - or similar, and I'll sort you out with a spot.

You could channel your inner Kelvin Templeton v St Kilda at either CHF or FF. You could try and match Westy's record number of B&F's at a club. Or prove the value of a good ruckman through centre square dominance - all while kicking back and being out of the summer heat....

* - steak knives may be completely fictional....
Virgin Dog Northernsoul74 Bulldogs85 are the sorts that would enjoy some banter I reckon TDC

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
There was hardly any girls footy offered when I was young, but somewhere in the back line sounds good!

Rebounding half back flank it is !!!

Current Bulldogs Side for Tour match:

B: TBA - TBA - TBA
HB: weltschmerz - TBA - TBA
C: TBA - TBA - TBA
HF: TBA - TBA - TBA
F: TBA - TBA - TBA

Foll: TBA - TBA - TBA

Int: TedDougChris - fitzroybowiedog

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sure, I'm down. Put me down at CHF.

Awesome, if all else fails - I want to see you go the Biff...

it's a one off game, there is no tomorrow - just start smacking people in the head if we start falling behind.....

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah alright, midfield pls

Thank you kindly !!

We're going to smash the Sweet FA side (or this post is going to come back to bite me !!)

Updated Tour Side:

C: TBA - Virgin Dog - TBA
HF: TBA - Testekill - TBA
F: TBA - TBA - TBA

Foll: TBA - TBA - TBA

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

C: TBA - Virgin Dog - TBA
HF: TBA - Testekill - TBA
F: TBA - Th3 DoG FaTh3R - TBA

Foll: _Mike_ - TBA - TBA

Ok, I now have 11 players wanting to play ruck this season...

Ok, we'll give it a try.

Are you a Will Minson type, an A Purser type, or a Scott Wynd ???

Purser

Back