Swimming laps

Remove this Banner Ad

Went away over Christmas and realised how some pools can be okay. But more so, how good the chlorine is for my skin. And how okay I find swimming a few lengths.

Has anyone been to Fitzroy, Carlton, or Melbourne City Baths before? Are they alright places?

Chlorine is good for your skin?

So too salt water, which is something I'll miss about WA. But yeah, the chlorine basically dyes my skin and really evens out my complexion. I'm just hesitant about hipster pools and their vibes of unwelcoming.

So too salt water, which is something I'll miss about WA. But yeah, the chlorine basically dyes my skin and really evens out my complexion. I'm just hesitant about hipster pools and their vibes of unwelcoming.

Outdoor isn't too bad on skin but still dries my hair, indoor if you spend a long time in it you can just feel the stuff burning you sometimes, have to have a shower the instant you get out.

What do you mean by a 'hipster' pool?

Outdoor isn't too bad on skin but still dries my hair, indoor if you spend a long time in it you can just feel the stuff burning you sometimes, have to have a shower the instant you get out.

You should wet your hair before you go into a chlorinated pool - your hair is like a sponge so as long as the little holes are filled with plain water they wont fill with chlorine...

Went away over Christmas and realised how some pools can be okay. But more so, how good the chlorine is for my skin. And how okay I find swimming a few lengths.

Has anyone been to Fitzroy, Carlton, or Melbourne City Baths before? Are they alright places?

North Melbourne baths is great.

Has anyone got an underwater Ipod affair? If so, which model would you reccomend?

No and wouldn't want one. I find it amazing that people bother with them to be honest, swimming is relaxing and meditative, part of that is the rythmic water sounds of your arms breaking the water.

I love music but it would downgrade my swimming experience.

No and wouldn't want one. I find it amazing that people bother with them to be honest, swimming is relaxing and meditative, part of that is the rythmic water sounds of your arms breaking the water.

I love music but it would downgrade my swimming experience.

Yes, thanks for your input there O Daughter of the Great Water Spirit.

Some of us wish to enjoy gangsta rap in an aquatic setting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reiterating that you are failing at life.

I'm failing at life because I'm considering using an iPod while I exercise?

You dear, may ponce about the Brunswick baths pretending that you are communing with nature, but I like to actually swim as a physical activity rather than an affection.

I'm failing at life because I'm considering using an iPod while I exercise?

You dear, may ponce about the Brunswick baths pretending that you are communing with nature, but I like to actually swim as a physical activity rather than an affection.

I was kidding, i don't really think you're failing at life because you want to listen to music while you swim.

Personally they would greatly downgrade my swimming experience and i also swim for physical activity as well.

North Melbourne baths is great.
Fitzroy baths, like every third bar and pub and cafe and restaurant and store in the area, has some real pretentious and ignorant arseholes working and being there. It's not a nice or comfortable environment. I live faaairly close by, worth a swing by? Ever too busy?

Will someone come up to me and ask about my WAFL footy shorts?

Fitzroy baths, like every third bar and pub and cafe and restaurant and store in the area, has some real pretentious and ignorant arseholes working and being there. It's not a nice or comfortable environment. I live faaairly close by, worth a swing by? Ever too busy?

Will someone come up to me and ask about my WAFL footy shorts?

Fitzroy Baths is for - no offence - flogs who live in Fitzroy.

On problem is North baths shuts for the winer. But in summer, it is the best of all the inner city pools.

What kind of student would buy proper boardies when they can show chicks their affiliation with South Fremantle and the Wesley-Curtin Tigers? Hey?
lol, I don't usually worry about what people wear much but wearing footy shorts as bathers is a massive no no. Even worse than budgie smugglers..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back