News Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

my guess is the fat cats in parliament are salty colonwood hawforn and druggies fans and dont want to make us even stronger after winning the flag

where is ( weekend at)bernie finn these days ?

If anybody has been to Ikon park it’s a tear down and needs a shitload of money. It is in a snobby area of rich elitists who won’t have sufficient lighting bc it affects their poodles sleeping behaviour. Parking is terrible and access on trams is slow and uncomfortable.
Punt rd should have been first off the rank as it has location , parking and public transportation. About all those other ovals , well fmd Casey Fields we’re all going to have to hire Lindsay Fox’s chopper to get there. It’s the arse end of the world and it takes me longer to get there than it does to Traralgon a 100 miles away. Andrews is not a smart man or he hates Richmond , but hedging my bets I would say both.

If anybody has been to Ikon park it’s a tear down and needs a shitload of money. It is in a snobby area of rich elitists who won’t have sufficient lighting bc it affects their poodles sleeping behaviour. Parking is terrible and access on trams is slow and uncomfortable.
Punt rd should have been first off the rank as it has location , parking and public transportation. About all those other ovals , well fmd Casey Fields we’re all going to have to hire Lindsay Fox’s chopper to get there. It’s the arse end of the world and it takes me longer to get there than it does to Traralgon a 100 miles away. Andrews is not a smart man or he hates Richmond , but hedging my bets I would say both.

issue is, we dont have a womens side - they all do

this was a massive factor in allocating the funding if what i heard 2-3 months ago is right

issue is, we dont have a womens side - they all do

this was a massive factor in allocating the funding if what i heard 2-3 months ago is right
But we do long term and by the time the girls get up and running the works could have started. If what your saying is true then it’s typical Vic Government
incompetence with short term thinking.

But we do long term and by the time the girls get up and running the works could have started. If what your saying is true then it’s typical Vic Government
incompetence with short term thinking.

im saying the govt had a high priority on supporting womens footy, and we dont have an aflw side for 2 more years - well post the election

im saying the govt had a high priority on supporting womens footy, and we dont have an aflw side for 2 more years - well post the election
Seriously if that’s te case then I’m perplexed as IKON park could cost them the election bc locals hate the joint and want it closed down. As for Casey nobody gives a s**t whether men or women play there as the same handful turn up each week . So spending millions on it for aflw is not going to grab them much more votes. Footscray I would’ve thought was a safe alp seat, but not certain as demographics have changed over there. Moorabbin will probably be their biggest pull.

there are none.

Tigers 'surprised' by Punt Road funding snub

PREMIER Richmond admits it is a "little surprised" its headquarters at Punt Road was overlooked in the Victorian government's plans to upgrade key facilities across the state.

Among the big winners from the sports package announced by Victorian premier Daniel Andrews were Carlton through the investment of Ikon Park, the Western Bulldogs (Whitten Oval), St Kilda (RSEA Park) and Melbourne (Casey Fields).

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale said the Tigers had pitched extensively to the government to be included in the facility revamp project.

The news came as Richmond became the first AFL club to surpass 90,000 members.

"None (no benefits) forthcoming, so far which we're a little surprised with to be honest," Gale said at Punt Road on Friday.

"I think 90,000 members might be a little surprised as well given that what a genuine community hub this is.

"I don't want to rain on the parade of the announcement, I think the government have made a significant investment in our code and it gives us great confidence and the AFL have done a great job.

"But, from our point of view, we're a little surprised."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-13/tigers-surprised-by-punt-road-funding-snub
Yeah I meant after it was apparent we don't get any cash.

Seriously if that’s te case then I’m perplexed as IKON park could cost them the election bc locals hate the joint and want it closed down. As for Casey nobody gives a s**t whether men or women play there as the same handful turn up each week . So spending millions on it for aflw is not going to grab them much more votes. Footscray I would’ve thought was a safe alp seat, but not certain as demographics have changed over there. Moorabbin will probably be their biggest pull.

ikon is the home of womens afl footy under this plan. it transcends the local electorate

its the same for all of them, except moorabin, and thats because they are financially ****ed

ikon is the home of womens afl footy under this plan. it transcends the local electorate

its the same for all of them, except moorabin, and thats because they are financially ******
It does not as most of those snobs couldn’t give a s**t about footy. It will backfire especially with the strain on parking in the streets and on public transport if they happen to pull a crowd . They’re targeting a minority group of votes and hurting the majority. As I said it’s short term and stupid bc Punt Rd and RFC would put growth and support into aflw more than those suburbs. Have you seen the turn up at IKON it’s hilarious? How they think this is going to swing the vote for them is bemusing .

It does not as most of those snobs couldn’t give a s**t about footy. It will backfire especially with the strain on parking in the streets and on public transport if they happen to pull a crowd . They’re targeting a minority group of votes and hurting the majority. As I said it’s short term and stupid bc Punt Rd and RFC would put growth and support into aflw more than those suburbs. Have you seen the turn up at IKON it’s hilarious? How they think this is going to swing the vote for them is bemusing .

Parking?

i am a supporter of womens footy, but it will start drawing "good" vfl crowds now. the novelty is gone

Parking?

i am a supporter of womens footy, but it will start drawing "good" vfl crowds now. the novelty is gone
People driving there and parking in the side streets like the old days. Not sure if the council has put restrictions in over there, but either way there’s still going to be more traffic over there. AFLW It’s in its infancy, but you’re ignoring the demographics of Parkville as these people the majority couldn’t give a s**t about football. It imho will have more of a negative affect. Just my opinion and the only way we’re going to know this is at the polls and comparing votes to previous elections. Until then I will maintain that it’s bullshit and they missed an opportunity with PRO and the RFC . We will start five years later than all the clubs and pull in bigger crowds and the politicians will be saying I’ve got a good idea let’s put money into developing PRO. It’s how it works with these short sighted fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live and work in and around the Casey and Cardinia region and have watched games at Casey Fields and Beaconsfield and followed the kind of events and programs they are running in the community etc. I think the Casey Fields investment is worth it as they do quite a bit especially with engaging a broad range of community. The south east is a pretty diverse and growing region so I guess growth of the game is good in that regard. I thought that something to coincide with our business in Cardinia may have been appropriate given the fantastic work we are also doing engaging with the community.

They pull pretty decent crowds to any footy down there relatively compared to inner “Melbourne” when you consider how much of a sprawl the city has and how far it is from the central action so I don’t think that side is so bad.

As you said TigerImposter it takes you donkeys years to get down there - but for the huge population in the South East it ALWAYS takes them donkeys years to get in to inner Melbourne. Obviously this is apparent everywhere in Victoria and regional and country areas but at least it’s a baby step in spreading the web and access to elite services and facilities.

AFL eager to take our money but not eager to give anything back, but how does RFC use their 90,000+ members to our advantage and make the AFL sit up and actually finally take notice?
Change the locks on the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back