Current Swiss Tourist Gang Raped India

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like there is another serious violent gang rape in India. This time of a Swiss woman with her husband camping. A number of males attacked him with sticks while ganging up on her. What gutless people they are. In fact this does not seem to be an uncommon event after the reports last year of the bus incident. It seems an ingrained attitude of acceptance. The article about this is below but there is one disturbing statement at the bottom I've quoted.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/17/08/38/swiss-tourist-gang-raped-in-india-police

"According to government crime statistics, one woman is raped every 20 minutes in India, but most incidents go unreported, mainly due to the victims' fear of being stigmatised in the sexually conservative nation"

And this country has had the nerve to lecture Australia about a few minor attacks on Indian students when they allow this to go on in their own country. You'd hope they focus on setting their own country right where there police force cant protect innocent women than spend there time attacking a country with a good track record of safety.

Wouldn't say they were a few minor attacks on Indians in Melbourne but I get your point.
I used to run a business in Dandenong up until a few months ago, very high population of Indians. They speak to their women like s**t (not all of them mind you) and their is a definite feeling of subservience amongst the women. One of them spoke to his wife like absolute dirt in my branch once, swore at her as well. I chastised him and told him if I hear him speak like that on my premises again I'd get the authorities involved and he wouldn't be allowed on the premises. He went to water, they don't like being challenged by other males, especially those bigger than them. He couldn't apologise enough to me and I told him I'd be keeping an eye on his behaviour when in the branch in the future. Never saw him again.

Wouldn't say they were a few minor attacks on Indians in Melbourne but I get your point.
I used to run a business in Dandenong up until a few months ago, very high population of Indians. They speak to their women like s**t (not all of them mind you) and their is a definite feeling of subservience amongst the women. One of them spoke to his wife like absolute dirt in my branch once, swore at her as well. I chastised him and told him if I hear him speak like that on my premises again I'd get the authorities involved and he wouldn't be allowed on the premises. He went to water, they don't like being challenged by other males, especially those bigger than them. He couldn't apologise enough to me and I told him I'd be keeping an eye on his behaviour when in the branch in the future. Never saw him again.
Agree wholeheartedly.

and as I said in another thread, there has been quite a few incidences over the last few years of Indian taxi drivers raping drunk female passengers in Victoria. Not sure about the rest of the country.

and as I said in another thread, there has been quite a few incidences over the last few years of Indian taxi drivers raping drunk female passengers in Victoria. Not sure about the rest of the country.

Sure has. Interesting also to keep an eye on Crime Watchers and the photos of people groping/harrassing women on trains.

OK, While a little lee way has been given to explore what appears to be a serious issue India has with gang rape and while an element of cultural issues are involved in this discussion. talking about numbers of offences in Australia committed by ethnic groups or their propensity to offend needs to backed up with referenced source or some legitimate correlation stats.

OK, While a little lee way has been given to explore what appears to be a serious issue India has with gang rape and while an element of cultural issues are involved in this discussion. talking about numbers of offences in Australia committed by ethnic groups or their propensity to offend needs to backed up with referenced source or some legitimate correlation stats.

Read / listen to the news. Don't get all defensive, it's happening. There were a number of cases in the last 2 years before I left Geelong of Indian taxi drivers raping and sexualling assaulting drunk female passengers in the early hours of the morning. They ended in court and were all well publicised with one in particular being charged with numerous offences.

There were other instances of the same in Melbourne during the same period. If I could be bothered, I'd google and trawl through some archives to post the links.

go to google and type in indian taxi driver rape and fill yer boots.

Read / listen to the news. Don't get all defensive, it's happening. There were a number of cases in the last 2 years before I left Geelong of Indian taxi drivers raping and sexualling assaulting drunk female passengers in the early hours of the morning. They ended in court and were all well publicised with one in particular being charged with numerous offences.

There were other instances of the same in Melbourne during the same period. If I could be bothered, I'd google and trawl through some archives to post the links.

go to google and type in indian taxi driver rape and fill yer boots.

Thankyou for that Herne. the point though remains simple. This is a thread about an Incident in India. Discussion about incidents in Australia are to discuss relative to culture. Otherwise the thread loses it's purpose.

Nor are we shutting down the discussion about race and their likelihood to offend.

All we want, as we have have done on other threads where talk of race becomes an issue is to ask anyone making a post with a claim is to reference it. if you can do that you can talk to the topic all you like.

Thankyou for that Herne. the point though remains simple. This is a thread about an Incident in India. Discussion about incidents in Australia are to discuss relative to culture. Otherwise the thread loses it's purpose.

Nor are we shutting down the discussion about race and their likelihood to offend.

All we want, as we have have done on other threads where talk of race becomes an issue is to ask anyone making a post with a claim is to reference it. if you can do that you can talk to the topic all you like.

The OP is the one that made race an issue, all my contribution was, was to highlight the fact that it seems to be growing here in Australia with a number of taxi drivers of Indian origins recently being charged and fronting courts across the country on rape charges.

I'd never really thought anything more of it, although unti recently I couldn't particularly remember a lot of cases of cabbies being charged with rape, they seemed to be more often than not, cabbies being attacked and even murdered.

Since that poor woman was gang raped on the bus and then thrown off before subsequently dying it has been highlighted by Indian citizens themselves by way of mass rallies that they have a horrible culture of rape in their country.

I was simply joining the dots. If you don't think that they add up then that's fine. I happen to think that they do. My input is in no way a tit for tat surrounding recent protests about Indian students being beaten in Australia, in particular Melbourne.

As someone in their 40s who has been a voracious reader and watcher of news my whole life, when something different starts to occur and occur reasonably regularly then I notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back