Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see another player wishing to leave

We must let him go as keeping someone ağainst their wishes will not lead to best performance

Also sadly Freo are not reknown for good trades so let’s hope the trade department ensure we get a suitable replacement
Keeping Lobb who wanted out lead him to a career best performance and us to our first finals win in years. Hill also wanted out the year before we traded him and had an AA level year after we said no the first time

Last edited:
Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026. Don't know the reasons why, but despite the great debuts from Voss and Simpson, Switta is not someone we can afford to let go lightly.
Reckon this might have merit
The Baker trade sounds promising and I’m a massive fan
Love Switta as well though but Baker is a finisher and great leader

Have been wondering how we fit Baker in the team so this rumour perhaps adds weight to the Baker noise .
To me it would be a great swap and Switta would have some currency at the moment.
Let him go if it’s genuine and get more games into Simpson till Baker arrives .

Switta may even see Simpson as a threat so tapping out early

Nuffy trade analysis complete
Signing out

Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026. Don't know the reasons why, but despite the great debuts from Voss and Simpson, Switta is not someone we can afford to let go lightly.

What’s your source got right in the past?
What clearance level does he have!?

Would be a shame if true especially with all the departures in recent years but he’s not irreplaceable and if everything falls into place could potentially struggle to get a game next year. I’d still hold him to his contract though, just tough t***ies

I reckon we'd be looking at a later second rounder at absolute best for him, likely a 3rd.

Just not worthwhile trading him unless he's on serious coin or it will cause significant off field issues.

Last edited:
I reckon we'd be looking at a later second rounder at absolute best for him, likey a 3rd.

Just not worthwhile trading him unless he's on serious coin or it will cause significant off field issues.
It’s a shame he doesn’t still have that MVP aura attached to him a couple of years ago by the VFL media

We should start reminding everyone.

What has your source been correct on in the past? If you don't want to share your can DM me if you are comfortable to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Switta has all the weapons a list manager who doesn't watch his whole year would love.

A club that plays on a small field would enjoy his speed and burst.

I like him at his best, but if someone is willing to be fleeced for him then let's look at it

Switta has all the weapons a list manager who doesn't watch his whole year would love.

A club that plays on a small field would enjoy his speed and burst

I like him at his best, but if someone is willing to be fleeced for him then let's look at it
Are you implying the worst of our 3 firsts and Switta for the Chad? Because I'd be on board with that.

I hope this is true. I have said before he is a mid/fwd that neither collects lots of possessions or kicks goals. He provides pressure and supposedly speed, although it feels like he gets run down holding the ball more than he should so maybe that speed doesn't come with evasion/agility. It feels like the club would be better moving on from him and upgrading the spot with Baker or developing Simpson/Emmett in the spot.

I hope this is true. I have said before he is a mid/fwd that neither collects lots of possessions or kicks goals. He provides pressure and supposedly speed, although it feels like he gets run down holding the ball more than he should so maybe that speed doesn't come with evasion/agility. It feels like the club would be better moving on from him and upgrading the spot with Baker or developing Simpson/Emmett in the spot.
Yep, let him go. Reguarly injured and doesnt have a lot of impact on games. Pack your bags!

I saw a good one on the tigers board the other day - they took a liking to Treacy.

Liam baker for Josh Treacy and pick 23.
😂😂😂

The knocks on Switta are around being prone to injury and lack of ability to hit the scorecard.
His strengths are his ability to create scoring opportunities for others and burst speed and agility, he is often a high impact player.

There's just no way short of genuinely pressing personal reasons we should entertain releasing him given our gaps and list profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back