Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We've had some memorable games and moments at the SCG

The Porpoise shoulder game
The Brent Reilly back with the flight game
The Seedsman 80m torpedo game
The Mark Viska disintegrates Kevin Dyson game
The Plugger vs Pathetic Pittman semi final... also known as the Vardy Party Game
Mark Viska kicks a goal with a broken ankle
Seem to recall Tex landing a few long goals in a win once

We've also been pulverised a bunch of times.

So... what will today's game bring?

A high effort loss where we close things down and keep the scoreboard semi-respectable to give the false impression that we're not far off the pace?

cough

No chance... where'd you get that crazy idea?

We were fresh against Collingwood after having the first half off the week before. Gave a decent account of ourselves as a result. Unchanged line up on the back of that glorious almost victory. And as we know:

Continuity = Guaranteed Win

Great thread title.

Two standouts were both shitty finals losses for me.

2012 Qualifying Final - one of the most boring football games I have watched.

2016 Semi Final - Swans blitzed us in the first half and we were never likely.

Lets hope we lose again today.

The one in 2012 was at Footy Park not SCG.

My hazy recollection is that we go alright on that small ground.

If we maintain the rage from last week, at best we catch Swans on an off day and do an Essendon and get a W, or more likely we go down respectably by under 30pts.

I want to see a goal from each of Tex, Dawson and Smithers from inside the square.

Also I want to see someone get Buddy in a head high tackle on the ground and get awarded a free for doing so.

I have been lucky enough to see quite a few Crows wins at the SCG but the “Lockett Tribute” match (constantly playing there’s only one Tony Lockett) and the “Clap for Goodesy” games were shockers.

Two young sides going head to head in the wet. Hard to pick. Will our journeymen (our three 100+ game players) get us over the line against such a young and exuberant bunch of Swanny Kids (Sydney are down to their last eleven 100+ game players).

I expect Logan McDonald to kick a bag.

Swans by 40 + points
(we are paying $6.50 for the win 😱)

Last edited:
Ground will be damp so that will reduce Swans high skill level. We need to bring our renowned pressure and get early scoreboard pressure on.

I like we're going in unchanged thereby rewarding those that contributed to last weeks win, I mean close loss.

Nicks did say in The Advertiser that we've proven we can beat the top sides, evidence is we've beaten 8th placed Richmond and 9th placed Bulldogs so with our trajectory this season we must be a good chance of going a step further and knocking off 5th placed Swans, particularly with continuity in our side this week.

Player for player I think we match up well, just so many of our youngsters are of similar standard to the Swans youngsters and we have an "experience" edge in a number of them. That Swans blondie in the middle only has 31 games, buzz box Gulden about the same, but we have McHenry and Murphy with more experience than that.

We need to be mindful of pick three before doing anything silly like winning because Swans kick say, 5.19 to our 8.2

I expect we'll be close all day but Swans will get into a high enough gear late to beat us by two or three goals giving Nicks the glory of saying we're making progress, on the right track, not that far away.

What I'd really like to see is us get an absolute smashing to give Nicks no place to hide at his presser!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resurrecting my golf career today but will have the radio going. I think my golf will comfortably be the most painful of the 2, but you never know with us. We’ll possibly kick 12.0 to 5.30 to pick up 4 damaging points whilst being comprehensively beaten around the ground.

Prediction: Sydney will score more points than you have shots today.

I'm not optimistic. Sydney are better coached, more talented and play a more attacking brand of footy. Adelaide also poured a lot into the last game.

Which course in the Mount?

Attamurra. I did actually play my first round in about 6 months week b4 ladt, but I'm now properly back and getting into it. I had 17 points, so expect to hit my anchor in the coming weeks before I can play to my handicap. I literally could only hit at 3 of the driving greens with my second shot last round. And the final one on the 18th I was actually in front of the ladies tee block on the 10th hole. It was just awful. Hit 3 of the oar 3s though, but then 3 putted 2 of them.

Attamurra. I did actually play my first round in about 6 months week b4 ladt, but I'm now properly back and getting into it. I had 17 points, so expect to hit my anchor in the coming weeks before I can play to my handicap. I literally could only hit at 3 of the driving greens with my second shot last round. And the final one on the 18th I was actually in front of the ladies tee block on the 10th hole. It was just awful. Hit 3 of the oar 3s though, but then 3 putted 2 of them.
Is that the course that has a hole where you tee off high above one of the holes and drop it on with about a 9 iron maybe 8 or 17 not sure

I have predicated a 50+ point loss but that could be the spite in me hoping the selection committee learn a lesson.
I will also be watching, far too closely, ROB and McCattledog hoping they can turn around their poor form.

But for all that woe I will be able to return to the villa slide into the pool and sip an ice cold bintang before firing up the laptop and firing up the Adelaide Pride Crew on FB.

Always want a win but this one and the lead into it and decisions made has got me half desiring a smashing.

Back