Sydney based freo fans

Remove this Banner Ad

asada

Draftee
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi guys,

Are there any Sydney based dockers fans on here? If so where do you watch the games usually. Keen to meet some fellow dockers fans in Sydney.

I'm in Newcastle, I despise Sydney as a city. I have to spend a day a week there for work.

Spotless stadium is bloody brilliant though, I went to the game V GWS last year. One of the better stadium experiences I've had.

Yeah I’m in South Sydney. You’d be surprised at how many Freo fans I’ve bumped into over here. I should really be grabbing everyone’s deets as I meet them as I’d have heaps by now.

I’m still yet to meet one!

On the south side of the bridge (inner west).

Definitely going to the scg game.

I enjoy watching AFL in Sydney. Crowds are really respectful and enjoy the game for what it is.

I have no idea what is wrong with Melbourne (or vic for that matter). Not even just sports their concerts and shows are also s**t. Worst crowd culture ever

Yeah cool. The Alexandria pub is one of the best pubs to watch AFL. They’ll have the Derby in for sure.

I heard a while back that The Alexandria was closing? Great AFL friendly pub but didn't have pokies which makes it hard to compete with rival venues and developers looking to turn it into apartments.

Hi guys,

Are there any Sydney based dockers fans on here? If so where do you watch the games usually. Keen to meet some fellow dockers fans in Sydney.

Depending on your situation you're better off getting foxtel living in Sydney. Obviously if you're in a share house etc that's not always an option but I was spending a fortune going to the pub every week to watch us play.

Churchill's in Kingsford is a good sportsbar. Mainly rugby league but were always happy to whack the Freo game on with sound on one of their TV's when ever I asked.

I also found if you went into your local and said "could you whack the AFL channel on?" you'd often cop a strange look from staunch rugby league people. But if you say "I've got a bet on the AFL in my multi" they'd be much more accommodating and change the channel because most sports fans like a punt.

Yep, the Alex has been closed for a while, used to be my go to in a life prior to Foxtel.. happy to get together for a game some time

I play in the Masters Sydney comp and it’s been the best thing in terms of connecting w a few Freo fellas. Highly recommended if your after a kick and a gasbag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back