Current Sydney CBD Stabbing/s - Mert Ney charged

Remove this Banner Ad

Too early to say what prompted this attack, I'm seeing reports this boy/man was shouting 'allahu akbar' but I'm unconvinced at this stage he is even Islamic.

Distressing footage shows him running down the street with a long blade and blood all over his shirt, being tackled, yelled at and a milk crate jammed over his head to contain him. He's saying (I think) 'who are you?'

Might be serious mental health issues at play here.

Graphic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drug found next to the Mert Nay at scene of arrest (according to Ch7)
Antenex (Anti-anxiety and insomnia medication)

There's a longer video just starting to be circulated where one guy with a crowbar is yelling at him while he's under the crate and referring to the "pills he just took".

Police confirmed the woman, aged 21, was found dead inside a residence on Clarence St, Wynyard at around 3.15pm, Nine News reported.

Women reportedly murdered, reportedly very close in age to the reported age of the alleged/likely assailant.

Some more facts in the below include
The attacker was 21yo (not 20)
He knew the murdered women.

It is also understood that Mr Ney knew the woman whose body was found in the Clarence Street unit.

Police have confirmed Mert Ney, 21, was acting alone and this afternoon's stabbing is "not currently classed as a terror incident".

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller on Tuesday evening said Mr Ney "is by definition a lone actor".
"Information was found on him that would suggest he had some ideologies related to terrorism... but he has no apparent links to other terrorist organisations," Mr Fuller said.
Mr Fuller suggested a USB drive contained content related to other mass killings in New Zealand and North America.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back