hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Eh? What tantrums?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
When someone suggests something and the response is "No" without explanation or reasoning, it looks like a toddler balling fists and stamping the foot goinf "No!".
When someone suggests something and the "no" comes with reasons, then no matter how adamant the response it comes across as adult discussion. It also saves ******** posts that move us nowhere and the ensuing attempts to get a proper answer.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
GWS
When someone suggests something and the response is "No" without explanation or reasoning, it looks like a toddler balling fists and stamping the foot goinf "No!".
When someone suggests something and the "no" comes with reasons, then no matter how adamant the response it comes across as adult discussion. It also saves ******** posts that move us nowhere and the ensuing attempts to get a proper answer.
All I said was no. You got that much from a simple no?

Think you read to much into things.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
All I said was no. You got that much from a simple no?

Think you read to much into things.

"Could the Swans play at Spotless?"
"No. And it's just Showgrounds now."

Real way to make conversation. Basically all you said was nothing.

AFL Club
GWS
Going to a game at the SCG, where is the best place to sit??
For our fans in front of the TV is common because of the difficulty of getting there.

The O'Reilly stand when you do is good. It's actually a good ground in terms of viewing. You feel close to the action from there.

As to the Swans playing at Spotless, it 's doable. We generally alternate games in Sydney anyway.

Our games against them are generally close to sellouts indicating enough Swans fans would travell to fill it.

There would be a downside. Spotless has a light load of 8 games a season and that allows us to play NEAFL curtain raisers before each of our home games. That might have to stop if the load were increased.

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ground looked to hold up fine after the first nrl game there last night. Grass replacement after the next 2 union games and I don’t think the surface will a problem at all for the swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
BRISBANE’S Suncorp Stadium has been snubbed as the emergency venue for next year’s NRL grand final, prompting a furious reaction from the Queensland Government.
Traditional grand final host ANZ Stadium will undergo a major renovation after next year’s State of Origin series, shifting grand final hosting rights to the Sydney Cricket Ground for at least one season and perhaps up to two more.
SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENTS TO HAVE YOUR SAY

The distinctly circular SCG (right) sitting next to Allianz Stadium.

The NRL told club chief executives at a meeting in Sydney yesterday ANZ would be out of action after next year’s Origin series.
It has been reported on the NRL’s official website the SCG has been chosen for next year’s grand final despite the fact that its capacity in the 40,000s, less than Suncorp’s 52,000, a stadium rated by NRL boss Todd Greenberg this season as the best rugby league ground in the world.

“That’s a disgrace,’’ said Queensland minister for tourism and major events Kate Jones.
“It is about time the NRL showed the same respect and loyalty in Queensland that we show in them. We have delivered for them time and time again. We do the right thing by code and they do not show us the same respect.

Kate Jones has labelled the Suncorp Stadium snubbing as a disgrace. Picture: AAP Image/Dave Hunt

“If there is an NRL grand final up for grabs it has to come to Queensland. What harm would it do to have one grand final in 20 years at Suncorp?’’ Queensland fullback great Gary Belcher said the snubbing of Suncorp was another kick in the guts for Brisbane league fans.
“I played in the last ever grand final at the SCG, it’s not a good rugby league ground,” said Belcher, who played for Canberra in the 1987 decider against Manly.
“One more grand final at the SCG is one too many.
“I’m disappointed they didn’t give Suncorp Stadium a chance.
“The SCG has a wonderful aura but the open spaces are too vast and the fans are too far from the action.
“Imagine a grand final at a packed Suncorp Stadium ... it’s the best rugby league stadium in Australia.”

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BRISBANE’S Suncorp Stadium has been snubbed as the emergency venue for next year’s NRL grand final, prompting a furious reaction from the Queensland Government.
Traditional grand final host ANZ Stadium will undergo a major renovation after next year’s State of Origin series, shifting grand final hosting rights to the Sydney Cricket Ground for at least one season and perhaps up to two more.
SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENTS TO HAVE YOUR SAY

The distinctly circular SCG (right) sitting next to Allianz Stadium.

The NRL told club chief executives at a meeting in Sydney yesterday ANZ would be out of action after next year’s Origin series.
It has been reported on the NRL’s official website the SCG has been chosen for next year’s grand final despite the fact that its capacity in the 40,000s, less than Suncorp’s 52,000, a stadium rated by NRL boss Todd Greenberg this season as the best rugby league ground in the world.

“That’s a disgrace,’’ said Queensland minister for tourism and major events Kate Jones.
“It is about time the NRL showed the same respect and loyalty in Queensland that we show in them. We have delivered for them time and time again. We do the right thing by code and they do not show us the same respect.

Kate Jones has labelled the Suncorp Stadium snubbing as a disgrace. Picture: AAP Image/Dave Hunt

“If there is an NRL grand final up for grabs it has to come to Queensland. What harm would it do to have one grand final in 20 years at Suncorp?’’ Queensland fullback great Gary Belcher said the snubbing of Suncorp was another kick in the guts for Brisbane league fans.
“I played in the last ever grand final at the SCG, it’s not a good rugby league ground,” said Belcher, who played for Canberra in the 1987 decider against Manly.
“One more grand final at the SCG is one too many.
“I’m disappointed they didn’t give Suncorp Stadium a chance.
“The SCG has a wonderful aura but the open spaces are too vast and the fans are too far from the action.
“Imagine a grand final at a packed Suncorp Stadium ... it’s the best rugby league stadium in Australia.”

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While I wouldn't trust a Labor politician as far as any one of them could kick a Steeden (which is much larger and heavier than a Sherrin), Jones is correct that it's a disgrace that the arrogant Sydney-based NRL, which has never forgotten that it is really the NSW Rugby League should be the arbiter.

Imagine the ARL being so arrogant! Well I suppose they have been, and more, having convinced all the southern states to support their simple code.

Top Bottom