Sydney fans boo Matthew Lloyd speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Accepting the trophy for their game tonight, Lloyd is booed incessantly by the Sydney fans during his speech. For a second, I felt sorry for the Swans, being done over by the umpires. Now I couldn't care less. An uneducated, childish crowd. And this is coming from an AAMI Stadium regular :p

I've sat at the SCG many times, totally dumfounded by how clueless the majority of Swans supporters are about AFL, the rules and even their own team.

Some of the comments are quite staggering.

Incrediby childish. I actually don't mind Sydney (if it's possible to have a "second team" then they're mine) but from the telecast it looked like they were incredibly bad losers (their supporters, not the team)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm usually one to boo Lloyd - but during the match. When he's accepting a trophy on behalf of Essendon that has raised money for charity, and he gets booed, it's poor form.
Great to see coming from a non Essendon supporter. Boo the umpies but show some respect.

BTW Mal Michael you are a star

I understand what those fans felt, very interesting decision by the boundry umpire.

but in the end Essedon deserve it more, should have never let Sydney in.

I've sat at the SCG many times, totally dumfounded by how clueless the majority of Swans supporters are

My mate can back that up. He was at the Sydney v Fremantle Preliminary Final last year. The siren went, Swans winning convincingly. A bloke stands up and says "So, do we get to play in the Grand Final now or is that it?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back