Sydney FC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How's this?
fca97c347343bbd94fba18e65d668d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

So what happens if there is a change of government next week?
From what I understand the contracts are fairly water tight, and there are issues with safety with the stadium, hense the courts overruling the protest.

But I've also heard NSW Labor aren't against the stadium itself but the size. He wants to build a 25k stadium there and still fix ANZ as the premium rectangle ground(this is a rumour I've just heard so could be just bullshit).

A-League clubs poised after Sydney block Brillante’s Korea move | The World Game
Josh Brillante’s aborted move to Pohang Steelers has opened the door to potential offers from Western United, Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City for the disgruntled Sydney FC midfielder.

With Sydney vetoing the K-League switch to scupper the 25-year-old fringe Socceroos’ dream of a second shot at overseas success, sources close to Sydney have revealed that relations between Brillante and the club have soured.
The Sky Blues, who have been seeking to re-sign Brillante for several months, wanted an undisclosed fee from Pohang, even though he has just two months of his contract to run.
Brillante has been absent from coach Steve Corica’s line-ups since news of the Pohang offer broke 10 days ago, because the club felt he was distracted.

Previously on the books of Fiorentina, Empoli and Como in Italy, Brillante has long cherished hopes of another overseas opportunity and was confident he’d played his final game for the club, going so far as to farewell his teammates.
His disappointment at Sydney’s stance - with the club keen to keep him in the engine room alongside the re-signed Brandon O’Neill - is understood to be acute, paving the way for a probable end-of-season exit.
He’s previously assured Sydney he would not move elsewhere in the A-League.
But newcomers Western United are understood to be interested and will have the budget to outbid Sydney, whilst City - with Luke Brattan likely to depart - and Victory - with Carl Valeri deep in the autumn of his career - may soon be looking for midfield reinforcements.
Brillante has played in all but two of Sydney’s 22 A-League games this season, and is viewed as a major cog in their bid for a second championship in three seasons.
Sydney return to action away to Brisbane on Friday night, and Corica will be working hard to appease Brillante’s bruised sensibilities in the days ahead in an effort to reintegrate him into the first team.
The World Game has contacted Sydney FC for comment.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-l...Exu6wsUHMlZqA3fZAJ_Ok0IVvfESzQZXFXopx2edL9p80

thoughts? how fractured is the relationship? General Giant any Gossip?

A-League clubs poised after Sydney block Brillante’s Korea move | The World Game
Josh Brillante’s aborted move to Pohang Steelers has opened the door to potential offers from Western United, Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City for the disgruntled Sydney FC midfielder.

With Sydney vetoing the K-League switch to scupper the 25-year-old fringe Socceroos’ dream of a second shot at overseas success, sources close to Sydney have revealed that relations between Brillante and the club have soured.
The Sky Blues, who have been seeking to re-sign Brillante for several months, wanted an undisclosed fee from Pohang, even though he has just two months of his contract to run.
Brillante has been absent from coach Steve Corica’s line-ups since news of the Pohang offer broke 10 days ago, because the club felt he was distracted.

Previously on the books of Fiorentina, Empoli and Como in Italy, Brillante has long cherished hopes of another overseas opportunity and was confident he’d played his final game for the club, going so far as to farewell his teammates.
His disappointment at Sydney’s stance - with the club keen to keep him in the engine room alongside the re-signed Brandon O’Neill - is understood to be acute, paving the way for a probable end-of-season exit.
He’s previously assured Sydney he would not move elsewhere in the A-League.
But newcomers Western United are understood to be interested and will have the budget to outbid Sydney, whilst City - with Luke Brattan likely to depart - and Victory - with Carl Valeri deep in the autumn of his career - may soon be looking for midfield reinforcements.
Brillante has played in all but two of Sydney’s 22 A-League games this season, and is viewed as a major cog in their bid for a second championship in three seasons.
Sydney return to action away to Brisbane on Friday night, and Corica will be working hard to appease Brillante’s bruised sensibilities in the days ahead in an effort to reintegrate him into the first team.
The World Game has contacted Sydney FC for comment.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-l...Exu6wsUHMlZqA3fZAJ_Ok0IVvfESzQZXFXopx2edL9p80

thoughts? how fractured is the relationship? General Giant any Gossip?
Haven't heard a thing mate.

Was all rather strange when they said he wasn't playing in Japan in the ACL due to an offer he was considering(which sounded bloody weird if I'm honest, I'm sure plenty of players are considering offers while playing).

Haven't heard a thing mate.

Was all rather strange when they said he wasn't playing in Japan in the ACL due to an offer he was considering(which sounded bloody weird if I'm honest, I'm sure plenty of players are considering offers while playing).

Yeah thats why I asked, seems like there is more to it than just an offer being rejected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a result. nice to see we’ve made most of our chances. hit melb for a six like that doubt anyone seen that comin but * em zero sympathy for those cvnts ;))

Three championship wins on Penalties! lucky or what?

Congrats btw!

Should’ve won 1-0 today so can’t say it’s undeserved. Last year we miss out but been the best team over the last three seasons so I think the results are justified even if they are won on penalties.

To only win one championship while being top 2 each of those years would’ve been a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back