News Sydney Heritage Jumper 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Would look a million times better if the chevron wasn’t cut off for the QBE logo, incorporate it like the afl one has been!

at the very least, put a little red box around it. makes it look like a patch over the original design rather than the design having a piece cut out of it

From twitter - looks like the Nike basketball singlet has cut out the red cuffs on the retail versions (the same happened on the retail indigenous jumpers too)

I only noticed this when looking back at the jumpers from Heritage Round, but is there a reason Sydney seem to omit the red collar when doing the classic red vee design? Maybe Mero can help out here, but according to his website there isn't a case where Sydney/South Melb had a white colour with the red vee. It's a bit of an oddity.
Last season's heritage guernsey had the red collar
1625658882894.png

Last season's heritage guernsey had the red collar
View attachment 1172719
It's a hard one because looking at the original South Melb jumper, it does indeed have a white collar but it does have red 'flaps'. So it wouldn't be quite accurate if it had a full red collar, but just a full white collar leaves out the iconic red flaps.

Hopefully Nike can get around to adding on flaps if they do the Heritage thing again next year.

Sydney have just announced they're going to wear the Red V in all designated away games in Melbourne for the rest of 2021.
As a Melbourne based swans member I love it! It looks fantastic and I wouldn't be against them wearing it for all Melbourne matches every year, although I doubt that would happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Melbourne based swans member I love it! It looks fantastic and I wouldn't be against them wearing it for all Melbourne matches every year, although I doubt that would happen.
Probably testing the waters to see if anyone supports the idea.

They should ditch the opera house yoke and just wear the V all the time. they don't need to parade around in Sydney iconography to be associated with the city anymore, it's been 40 years. It would be akin to the Bulldogs finally returning to the two hoop design. Simple, visually pleasing and iconic.

They should ditch the opera house yoke and just wear the V all the time. they don't need to parade around in Sydney iconography to be associated with the city anymore, it's been 40 years. It would be akin to the Bulldogs finally returning to the two hoop design. Simple, visually pleasing and iconic.
I agree, but it would have to be the preferred option of the bulk of Sydney fans, and I'm not sure that would be the case.

I agree, but it would have to be the preferred option of the bulk of Sydney fans, and I'm not sure that would be the case.
I'd rather keep our regular Opra house guernsey for the Sydney games and red V for Vic games. And I'm not saying that from a Vic bias pov. I think both designs have a place and I'd hate to lose the Opra design all together.

Last edited:
Why ditch the Opera House? At this point it's wayy too iconic to Sydney's brand to just throw away.

Would be cool to see if this kicks off a more regular use of Heritage jumpers like we see in NBA for example. We have seen a resurgence in them recently so the more the better I say.

As a best of both worlds, return to the white back full time on the current home jumper (the first "Opera House" jumper had a white back). As well as the Red V for Melbourne games.
Still prefer the red back personally.

I hate the red back but i hate it every time a jumper has drastically different colour balance from front to back, same with GWS and St. Kilda
I do like this one but it has traditionally been used as an away/clash guernsey. I doubt it would replace the traditional one.
ZE0SX9lU33ausiMXcG.gif

I do like this one but it has traditionally been used as an away/clash guernsey. I doubt it would replace the traditional one.
View attachment 1178067

Paired with red shorts, it used to be Sydney's home jumper until they changed the back to red.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back