Sydney is such a ****weak club

What an odd thread. Where does this animosity stem from? Sure you saved us from the ignominy of a winless season in '64 and for reasons that still escape me we had the wood on you fellas during your epic Brions period in the early 2000s. But is this enough to warrant such clear angst.

What an odd thread. Where does this animosity stem from? Sure you saved us from the ignominy of a winless season in '64 and for reasons that still escape me we had the wood on you fellas during your epic Brions period in the early 2000s. But is this enough to warrant such clear angst.
Ask the AFL back in the day when they insisted we were "rivals".

Thats typical attempted fighting talk from a Swanner.

Not surprising a Sydney 'supporter' wouldnt understand the intricate and underlying pretense of this majestic thread.

Go LIONS 2021 PREMIERSHIP WINNERS! Sydney Swans Wooden Spooners 2021 MERRY CHRISTMAS

Too right. Sydney still exists, doesn't it.
Sorry, that should have been a question - "Sydney still exists, doesn't it?" I haven't been following the news so assume everyone died because they'd been to the Northern Beaches.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Sorry, that should have been a question - "Sydney still exists, doesn't it?" I haven't been following the news so assume everyone died because they'd been to the Northern Beaches.
I though they'd have annexed themselves and become a micro-nation by now

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

It comes from a place we don’t talk about here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Those who dare bemoan the existence of this thread or take any of it seriously can go and get fire trucked.

Been in Brisbane all my life but as it was only the Sydney Swans going around when I started watching football. I made a good choice supporting the Swans.

Had I supported the Bears I would have lost my club and be forced to have to watch another team called the Lions. Still the threepeat would have been nice. It's very difficult to hate the Lions or feel any real rivalry. If anything as clubs they tend to come out in support of each other as teams doing it tough in non traditional AFL states.

We did beat the pies for you to give you your first ever finals appearance, so your welcome.

However, I look forward to attending this home Lions game (You guys get that advantage nearly every bloody year) and making the Lions supporters around me miserable even if you beat us by 100.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Those who dare bemoan the existence of this thread or take any of it seriously can go and get fire trucked.

We did beat the pies for you to give you your first ever finals appearance, so your welcome.

Ah yes.....I remember it well......1995.

But that was back before Sydney became pissweak ;)

Ah yes.....I remember it well......1995.

But that was back before Sydney became pissweak ;)

I remember Bill McDonald reading a letter out on the news from the Swans to the Bears that they were going to be putting everything into beating the pies. I felt pretty proud watching that as the old man supported the Bears. They also showed footage during the game of the Bears players watching and cheering plugger on.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I remember Bill McDonald reading a letter out on the news from the Swans to the Bears that they were going to be putting everything into beating the pies. I felt pretty proud watching that as the old man supported the Bears. They also showed footage during the game of the Bears players watching and cheering plugger on.

Reminds me of 96. I think it was a Saturday / night watching the Prelim's with a mate who liked the Lions but was a mad Essendon supporter. Unfortunately the Lions got knocked off playing Norf, so it was onto the night game. Naturally I was all in for Sydney.

What a game it was, with Plugger kicking that famous point after the siren.

Then onto next week, the Grand Final.

All was going well until that filthy grub David King took out Craig O'Brien, allowing Norf to double team Lockett.....

The rest is history.

Sydney is such a ****weak club!!!

Reminds me of 96. I think it was a Saturday / night watching the Prelim's with a mate who liked the Lions but was a mad Essendon supporter. Unfortunately the Lions got knocked off playing Norf, so it was onto the night game. Naturally I was all in for Sydney.

What a game it was, with Plugger kicking that famous point after the siren.

Then onto next week, the Grand Final.

All was going well until that filthy grub David King took out Craig O'Brien, allowing Norf to double team Lockett.....

The rest is history.

Sydney is such a ****weak club!!!

I like this post way too much

Really got to get back to hating each other and all that rivalry. Umm the Paddle Pop Lions are a disgrace.

Back