Sydney Olympic Stadium to be demolished and rebuilt

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see the links between the developer that gets the contract and those in government.
NSW is stuffed. All the state assets get sold for a song, the govt neuters icac after their own members are implicated and the ex premier gets a cushy banking job earning almost 900k in 6 months after saying he was too worn out to lead the state
COMMO ALERT !

Whats wrong with a bloke earning a crust. The average plumber around here earns about the same *

*based upon quote received last week to move two taps

people in Sydney are to bitter to leave their area or even drink at another bar!
It’s a bizarre place

I used to think like that, till i lived there

Its a major head* to drive anywhere, and even going from castle hill to pennant hills is a long drive (time wise)

Easier and safer to stick close to home and drink at your local pub

It's a s**t venue, but what awful planning for a stadium to not even last 20 years.
Absolutely agree. I used to think the demolition of VFL park was a travesty and that was after 32 years, but 20 years takes the cake.

Its a major head**** to drive anywhere, and even going from castle hill to pennant hills is a long drive (time wise)

The big question is why are you driving to Pennant Hills. :p Even the pub isn't worth visiting.

I used to think like that, till i lived there

Its a major head**** to drive anywhere, and even going from castle hill to pennant hills is a long drive (time wise)

Easier and safer to stick close to home and drink at your local pub

I had to stop going to night matches at ANZ Stadium because, even if I left immediately after the game, going at the same speed as the crowd by the time I got to Lidcombe Station (the hub station connecting to the Olympic Park line) I would only just catch the last train of the evening by minutes. If I was at all delayed, for whatever reason, I would be stuck at the train station all night and that was not a prospect I liked the sound of.

I had to stop going to night matches at ANZ Stadium because, even if I left immediately after the game, going at the same speed as the crowd by the time I got to Lidcombe Station (the hub station connecting to the Olympic Park line) I would only just catch the last train of the evening by minutes. If I was at all delayed, for whatever reason, I would be stuck at the train station all night and that was not a prospect I liked the sound of.

From the hills i either had the bus (same sit as you, run or ****ed) or drive. Drive was sweet on the m7, but meant no drinking and early night

From the hills i either had the bus (same sit as you, run or ******) or drive. Drive was sweet on the m7, but meant no drinking and early night

I drive a good hour and a bit to work every day. Sydney traffic is an absolute nightmare. It is why I decide usually to stay back later so I don't leave at peak time. On a good run I can get home in 30 minutes. Getting there....I need my double shot latte!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 440082

Forget building 2 white elephants.....just build a replica of the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta to replace Allianz....it has a retractable roof, and the entire top deck can be curtained off for small capacity events (reduces capacity from 71,000 to 42,500) - see below.

View attachment 440078
Makes way too much sense. Keep the white elephant at homebush in it's current state. Build something like this where the current SFS is.

Makes way too much sense. Keep the white elephant at homebush in it's current state. Build something like this where the current SFS is.

No thanks. SFS only needs to be updated.

Olympic Stadium is rubbish and the quicker we bulldoze the thing the better. It’s the worst Stadium in Sydney to view sports.

Which stadium is going to host the NRL grand final, Origins, and future socceroos events if homebush falls to the ground?

Eventually Homebush will.

In the meantime Suncorp could for a couple of years. We don’t need more white elephant stadiums in Sydney!

Just transfer it into my bank account
I've never met you, already don't like you because you support Geelong, and still think this is a better idea

Remember when Everyone was happy to throw s**t on Former WA premier Colin Barnett for spending money on some unnessisary projects? It's like NSW saw this and said "Hold my beer!"

I've never met you, already don't like you because you support Geelong, and still think this is a better idea

Remember when Everyone was happy to throw s**t on Former WA premier Colin Barnett for spending money on some unnessisary projects? It's like NSW saw this and said "Hold my beer!"
Would you like me if I told you that when they had that poll a few years back I voted for Clive cause I actually did but I can't remember what it was for lol

For that amount of money they may as well build a giant floating stadium next to Darling Harbour and have a world classed designed, central, accessible and tourist friendly stadium.

The answer to a white elephant isn't two new white elephants.

I want to see a floating stadium. They can drive it to Manly for Manly games - back to the west for Tigers games, etc. And then just scuttle the *er when they figure out that is a white elephant as well.

Sydney could possibly be the worst planned city in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back