• Trading in points

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Trading in players

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Retaining players

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same sh*t everytime a Swans Academy pick comes thru. They get talked up and up like getting them would be an absolute gift for us.
Campbell on form in a normal season would normally be a mid-late 1st rndr and Gulden maybe 30's. Good kids to pick but we are talking a different league entirely to the top 5.
The only reason a guy like Campbell is being talked up is coz the marketplace hasnt seen much of the vics in the top 30 this year. Recruiters go off what they see.

No chance ANY club rates Campbell high enough to risk their top 5 pick to bid on him. Unlikely even a top 10 pick. All clubs will have their preferred players and by the time the draft comes along they will have their order book with all manner of options covering taken and now unavailable. Unlikely they will even concern themselves with Campbell. IFFFF they see him pick 8-10ish++ then yes, they might start to become interested. Similar to Green at GWS last yr who was rated much higher than Campbell is this yr.

If you think your club would pass over a McDonald Phillips DGB Hollands Thilthorpe type for Campbell then its best you send them some better drugs pronto.

Beatson's little wish list was more of a shot across the bow, hoping to dissuade any possible shenanigans from clubs with top 10 picks. He claims he would inform another club if he had an actual intention to bid on one of theirs. He cannot expect others to play nice and sweet simply coz he might. Doesnt mean he cant shine an early spotlight on it though which he has now done. He got the press for it he wanted.
you should take that up with Mutineer from our board. he watches more of these kids than most on Big Footy and he has Campbell held in very high regard - amazing long kicking and dual sided. he might give you some more perspective on why he rates him highly

I made a Northern Academies team a month ago, so basically players who were all trained by the Northern Academies and this is what I came up with

B: Cumming, C.Graham, M.Kennedy
HB: Mills, Andrews, Perryman
C: Green, Finlayson, Setterfield
HF: Himmelberg, Blakey, Heeney
F: Keays, Hipwood, K.Coleman
FOLL: Briggs, Steele, Hopper
I/C: Bowes, Scheer, McFadyen, B.Scott

I mean, it is an okay team, but if that was an AFL team I would not be expecting finals. Sometimes I think the Northern Academies' benefits are overblown.

you should take that up with Mutineer from our board. he watches more of these kids than most on Big Footy and he has Campbell held in very high regard - amazing long kicking and dual sided. he might give you some more perspective on why he rates him highly
Lol , what do you really want ? If you want to bid on Campbell just do it , is the actual thing that matter. Get it Done and get over it in BF .

WTF??.. you do realise that we posters on here are not the clubs
So basically you just looking at reaction from people that disagree to your suggestion . Why can't people agree to your suggestion and move on just to avoid argument. Seriously is pretty tired to disagree with your opinion so we just pretend we agree.

So basically you just looking at reaction from people that disagree to your suggestion . Why can't people agree to your suggestion and move on just to avoid argument. Seriously is pretty tired to disagree with your opinion so we just pretend we agree.
you need to take a deep breath and reflect on what you are posting. I said that if the crows feel Campbell is rated highly enough they are not afraid to bid on him and that no doubt would make Beatson uneasy as they absolutely would be factoring in getting Campbell and another top rated kid inside the top 5 this draft. I really don't understand how you can't process that information

you need to take a deep breath and reflect on what you are posting. I said that if the crows feel Campbell is rated highly enough they are not afraid to bid on him and that no doubt would make Beatson uneasy as they absolutely would be factoring in getting Campbell and another top rated kid inside the top 5 this draft. I really don't understand how you can't process that information
Why can't you process that i agree with you . Just go ahead and do what you suggested. Talk without action is a process of doing nothing .

Back