NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Yes. Large Indian, Asian & pacific islander communities. AFL doesn't appeal to these demographics. In fact it's the least multicultural of all codes.
I understand where you're coming from but surely the sheer scale of " Greater Western " Sydney means there's still a significant pool of Anglos ?

Personally i thnk all parties missed a trick with Rooty Hill , by the time the sprawl maxes out it would've been the perfect location , but that's just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
Many times; Afl has lowest number of players born overseas or parents born overseas. 89% of surname's are Anglo celtic. These are just facts.
That's a very different stat to your claim. They might be facts but that's not the same as "AFL doesn't appeal to these demographics."

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Many times; Afl has lowest number of players born overseas or parents born overseas. 89% of surname's are Anglo celtic. These are just facts.
And? Doesn't mean that non-white Australians won't like the sport or that it's less appealing.

The clubs up here are growing the game, into all areas. Those are the facts

Last edited:

Pippen94

Senior List
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
And? Doesn't mean that non-white Australians won't like the sport or that it's less appealing.

The clubs up here are growing the game, into all areas. Those are the facts
Actually it does. Certain sports appeal to different cultures. For example Indian Australians have a strong presence in cricket. If you want to claim the groups I listed follow afl in great numbers - that's bullshit.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Actually it does. Certain sports appeal to different cultures. For example Indian Australians have a strong presence in cricket. If you want to claim the groups I listed follow afl in great numbers - that's bullshit.
That is true to an extent. Doesn't mean that there isn't support for the sport though nor that it isn't growing each year.

Edit. Wait why am I being civil to this waste?

Pippen94

Senior List
Jun 12, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Turns out only 50% of it, and even then it's only if he twists it from supporters to players. :D
He picked only one of my statements. Anyway, players good indication of diversity. Afl enjoys little support from Indian, Asian & Pacific Islander communities.

Top Bottom