Owner: New South Wales Government
Operator: Royal Agricultural Society of NSW
Capacity: 25,000

Memorable events:
2000 Sydney Olympics
Home of the GWS Giants

Discuss best games, help add information, memories or more history below.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool video, I hope to go there in the next couple of years and check out a match or two there.

A quick one from the webcam today (goals/videoboard will be directly opposite from the camera):

2vdpfrs.jpg

(right click, view image)

And what the end product will look like:

2iqo674.jpg

A quick one from the webcam today (goals/videoboard will be directly opposite from the camera):

2vdpfrs.jpg

They've certainly laid the turf down early. They didn't roll out the grass at Metricon 'till the stadium was nearly finished. Maybe there were some lessons learned at Carrara with respect to letting the playing surface settle?

2vdpfrs.jpg

And what the end product will look like:

2iqo674.jpg

That is such an awesome picture with stadium australia. In the background. I'm guessing they'll be playing the sydney derby there?

IMO the sydney thunder should move there next year. The difference between an atmosphere with a crowd of 15,000 in an 80,000 seater to a 25,000 seater is huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone know if they are going to keep the webcam there when the stadium is finished?

In its layout, it's actually quite similar to Metricon. Slightly different design though. Then again, Metricon won't be as it is now for much longer. Plans already in place to extend it to 40, 000 before the Commonwealth Games on the coast in 2018. Probably a fair while beforehand as well.

Looking forward to getting to Skoda sometime in the next few years, though.

Another quick screen grab from the webcam:

2881nbo.jpg

I wondered what they were doing on the field, then remembered that Soundwave is on this weekend (and I'll be there).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back