Sydney Showgrounds (Spotless Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grandstands were completed 2005 & 2011 Ground capacity is around 33,000.
There is nothing Modern about that stadium.

Is it a good 3rd tier suburban stadium? Yep.

A modern tier 1 or 2? No.

You keep telling people they have no idea But so far you've quoted someone and cussed them of saying something they havent and then brought Newcastle into a discussion about Sydney and the Sydney Showgrounds.
Part of world cup bid stadiums along with new Adelaide oval & MCG so can't be that bad.

Grandstands were completed 2005 & 2011 Ground capacity is around 33,000.

Part of world cup bid stadiums along with new Adelaide oval & MCG so can't be that bad.

1) and that bid failed

2) what does any of this have to do with showgrounds? Are the giants relocating the stadium to Newcastle?

Put in a single decent pub instead of a s**tty lifeless bar and I'll be there for hours pre-game.

like this

not sure whether it will work or not but does have a pub on every corner, click first pub then close, next will come up

New pub opening tomorrow.

Will be on the right when you leave the station across the stretch of grass.

Just ignore article I guess? Shows how fanciful talk of home ground in west is.
A bullshit article? Yep.

Going to ignore the ratings? Shows all the talk of the Wanderers being a huge club is garbage.

Olympic Park is West. You can whinge moan bitch complain and woe is me as much as you wonderbaby. Doesn't change the fact the Giants are growing every year as is the sports grassroots.

So please continue acting as a fool.

Wanderers fans favorite saying is everyone is afraid of the sport.

With the amount of effort and carry on Pipp does in any Giants related thread I wonder if the fear isn't really them afraid of Aussie Rules.

I mean you don't see Aussie Rules Fans on soccer boards "pretending" to be a fan of the sport and bashing 1 of the teams specifically.

A bullshit article? Yep.

Going to ignore the ratings? Shows all the talk of the Wanderers being a huge club is garbage.

Olympic Park is West. You can whinge moan bitch complain and woe is me as much as you wonderbaby. Doesn't change the fact the Giants are growing every year as is the sports grassroots.

So please continue acting as a fool.
Which part of article is bullshit? What the journalist has to say? Peter Wynn's comments?
Homebush is in eastern half of Sydney - appears to be very little support west of this.

Which part of article is bullshit? What the journalist has to say? Peter Wynn's comments?
Homebush is in eastern half of Sydney - appears to be very little support west of this.

Peter wynn is a League icon and a shop owner. Nothing more.

Possibly Home Bush is. We are based at Olympic Park but also our women's and NEAFL side play at Rooty Hill.
Olympic Park is in the inner west. Still West.
We have shown the breakdown of memberships and it shows there are plenty West of that area.

You show you are a clueless Wanderbaby every time you post.
If you put as much effort into bagging the Giants as following your joke of a club then maybe they wouldn't be laughed at, not only by other A-League clubs, but sports fans in general.

The amusement of the fear you have for Aussie Rules in Sydney has turned to meer disappointment at how pathetic your efforts have become. Time to ignore.

Peter wynn is a League icon and a shop owner. Nothing more.

Possibly Home Bush is. We are based at Olympic Park but also our women's and NEAFL side play at Rooty Hill.
Olympic Park is in the inner west. Still West.
We have shown the breakdown of memberships and it shows there are plenty West of that area.

You show you are a clueless Wanderbaby every time you post.
If you put as much effort into bagging the Giants as following your joke of a club then maybe they wouldn't be laughed at, not only by other A-League clubs, but sports fans in general.

The amusement of the fear you have for Aussie Rules in Sydney has turned to meer disappointment at how pathetic your efforts have become. Time to ignore.
Peter Wynn is a business owner who has sold lots of wanderers stuff. Would sell lots of gws stuff if he could too.
Back to the topic; spotless was only option for team. Crazy that some think they would have their own purpose built stadium. Not NSW taxpayers I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Wynn is a business owner who has sold lots of wanderers stuff. Would sell lots of gws stuff if he could too.
Back to the topic; spotless was only option for team. Crazy that some think they would have their own purpose built stadium. Not NSW taxpayers I guess.

Given the NSW Government's track record on construction, a new stadium would've had it's first sod turned in 2011 and still be a year away from completion :D

Wasn't that what Rooty Hill was originally intended to be ?

Wasn't that what Rooty Hill was originally intended to be ?
That was the hook from the Blacktown Mayor and NSW cricket to get the AFL on board.

After it was built they advised the AFL the Giants couldn't stay full time. Basically they were only brought in to get the funding from NSW Government.

Still we play AFLW and NEAFL games there.

And I know that Pipp will probably post the whinging article from the Mayor but that ******* expected the club to be part time there and part time elsewhere. No way to run a professional outfit.

Last edited:
That was the hook from the Blacktown Mayor and NSW cricket to get the AFL on board.

After it was built they advised the AFL the Giants couldn't stay full time. Basically they were only brought in to get the funding from NSW Government.

Still we play AFLW and NEAFL games there.

And I know that Pipp will probably post the whinging article from the Mayor but that ******* expected the club to be part time there and part time elsewhere. No way to run a professional outfit.
Well, I was working at Blacktown when this ground was constructed & it was reported in the media that it would be home to the 2nd Sydney team. Knowing the demographics of the area I knew this won't happen much like being located at Parramatta. Of course what afl told council is another thing.

Well, I was working at Blacktown when this ground was constructed & it was reported in the media that it would be home to the 2nd Sydney team. Knowing the demographics of the area I knew this won't happen much like being located at Parramatta. Of course what afl told council is another thing.

I remember that, but it was fairly obvious that meant a training base rather than games being hosted there. They would need a proper stadium and train station constructed there to support home games out there, and there was already an on-going stadium search.

The use as a training base was ultimately scuppered by, as General Giant alludes to, competing demands by cricket resulting in the team not even being able to regularly train there.

I know the demographic well too.
What do you base that particular theory on ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back