Scandal Sydney Stack......again

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy will be sitting there with a can in hand at 30 saying to anyone who will listen “I could’ve been an exceptional AFL footballer”

Plenty were annoyed at RFC for delisting him instead of trusting our key decision makers. Time will prove that he was given a magnitude of opportunities and support and he’s constantly bottled them.

Has all the talent in the world but isn’t cut out as a full time professional footballer.

Not the first and certainly won’t be the last to fit this category.

Regardless of what he could have been and what he has done - it seems like he had a pretty s**t start to life and was never really put in the best position to develop into a functioning adult. It seems very hard to break the cycle....

"Stack was born in Northam, Western Australia, a country town 97 kilometres east-northeast of Perth.[1][2] One of seven children, Stack endured a difficult childhood including living under the care of many different relatives as a result of substance abuse, mental illness and criminal convictions in his direct family.[2][3] His father was jailed for criminal offences in 2004 and after moving with his mother between homes in Northam, Perth, Bunbury and Koongamia, he returned to Northam at age six where he was raised under the care of his aunt.[2][4][5][6] There he played junior football at the local Barons and Federals Football Clubs in Northam.[7] He relocated to Koongamia to live under the care of his brother at age 11, before shifting again to live with his sister at age 12 and then return to Northam under his Aunt's care at age 13.[2] He remained there for three years, returning to local football before moving yet again at age 16 into the care of other relatives while sporadically attending high school at Northam Senior High School through the end of year 11 classes.[7][1] He continued to experience housing uncertainty during his late teenage years, including living with extended family members, with his sister in Bunbury, with friends in Darwin and in a home for country footballers in Perth."

Speaks volumes for Geelong's superior culture to Richmond's how they turned Stevie J and now Tyson Stengle's careers around.

It's that type of disciplined culture at The Catters I want at Carlton (which we are making some progress with after too many years of party boy antics, Fev and his dildo etc)

Justin Charles and Brad Ottens were also pinged for drink driving whilst playing for Richmond I might add lol
When I was reading this I thought this must be a piss take, then I saw who wrote it. Classic Elmer_Judd anti Richmond post.

Stengle had zero indiscretions in his time @ Richmond. The drink driving and coke * ups were with the crows. Also, are you familiar with the Marlion Pickett story? Bit more of a redemption story than Stevie was also out the door after the 2006 season to Pies until he failed a medical test. Geelong didn't 'turn his career around', they put up with him because they were winning, and he was a star.

Happen to forget the Dawson Simpson drink driving charge from 2014 did you?......Or the Joel Selwood caught 27km/h over the limit forcing the club to lose their TAC sponsorship from 2017.....Or perhaps when Jesse Stringer was arrested for assaulting a woman 2012?......What about when Stokes was arrested for drug trafficking 2010......Or when Jack Steven was stabbed in the chest on a night out on the piss a couple of years ago?........Or even when Daniel Menzel was charged with sexual assault just after he left the cats?...Stevie J also got done 78km/h an hour over the speed limit in 2008, yes 78km/h over. (and only got 50 hours community service as punishment from the club :drunk:)....Then there's also Brad Hartman who was charged after leaving the scene of an accident 2014.

Never change Elmer_Judd, never change. EVERY club has a long list of indiscretions like those above, its just a general reflection of young men in society. I'd say the fact both of these clubs are powerhouses and have 7 of the last 16 flags speaks to their great culture...as opposed to 0 in the last 27 years or so ;)

Jay Schultz cost them a drink driving sponsorship too from memory.

:$

Last edited:
Regardless of what he could have been and what he has done - it seems like he had a pretty s**t start to life and was never really put in the best position to develop into a functioning adult. It seems very hard to break the cycle....

"Stack was born in Northam, Western Australia, a country town 97 kilometres east-northeast of Perth.[1][2] One of seven children, Stack endured a difficult childhood including living under the care of many different relatives as a result of substance abuse, mental illness and criminal convictions in his direct family.[2][3] His father was jailed for criminal offences in 2004 and after moving with his mother between homes in Northam, Perth, Bunbury and Koongamia, he returned to Northam at age six where he was raised under the care of his aunt.[2][4][5][6] There he played junior football at the local Barons and Federals Football Clubs in Northam.[7] He relocated to Koongamia to live under the care of his brother at age 11, before shifting again to live with his sister at age 12 and then return to Northam under his Aunt's care at age 13.[2] He remained there for three years, returning to local football before moving yet again at age 16 into the care of other relatives while sporadically attending high school at Northam Senior High School through the end of year 11 classes.[7][1] He continued to experience housing uncertainty during his late teenage years, including living with extended family members, with his sister in Bunbury, with friends in Darwin and in a home for country footballers in Perth."
Wow, being an old private schoolboy tosser, I could not name a single person in my entire life that I know who has had that kind of hard life and upbringing, or lack there of.

All of that is true of Sydney, but by the same token, he is not alone in that type of upbringing. Especially amongst First Nations people in the WA Wheatbelt. At some point he has to take responsibility for his own actions. He has uncles and family in Northam with similar upbringing, but they are successful men in their own right. I hear from pretty close sources that he could be in trouble yet again for a fight in Northam just a couple of weeks ago.

All of that is true of Sydney, but by the same token, he is not alone in that type of upbringing. Especially amongst First Nations people in the WA Wheatbelt. At some point he has to take responsibility for his own actions. He has uncles and family in Northam with similar upbringing, but they are successful men in their own right. I hear from pretty close sources that he could be in trouble yet again for a fight in Northam just a couple of weeks ago.
He has already pleaded guilty

When I was reading this I thought this must be a piss take, then I saw who wrote it. Classic Elmer_Judd anti Richmond post.

Stengle had zero indiscretions in his time @ Richmond. The drink driving and coke * ups were with the crows. Also, are you familiar with the Marlion Pickett story? Bit more of a redemption story than Stevie was also out the door after the 2006 season to Pies until he failed a medical test. Geelong didn't 'turn his career around', they put up with him because they were winning, and he was a star.

Happen to forget the Dawson Simpson drink driving charge from 2014 did you?......Or the Joel Selwood caught 27km/h over the limit forcing the club to lose their TAC sponsorship from 2017.....Or perhaps when Jesse Stringer was arrested for assaulting a woman 2012?......What about when Stokes was arrested for drug trafficking 2010......Or when Jack Steven was stabbed in the chest on a night out on the piss a couple of years ago?........Or even when Daniel Menzel was charged with sexual assault just after he left the cats?...Stevie J also got done 78km/h an hour over the speed limit in 2008, yes 78km/h over. (and only got 50 hours community service as punishment from the club :drunk:)....Then there's also Brad Hartman who was charged after leaving the scene of an accident 2014.

Never change Elmer_Judd, never change. EVERY club has a long list of indiscretions like those above, its just a general reflection of young men in society. I'd say the fact both of these clubs are powerhouses and have 7 of the last 16 flags speaks to their great culture...as opposed to 0 in the last 27 years or so ;)

Thank Jezza we don't have any of the those type of drink driving scandals at Carlton:)

His guilty plea was for his Northbridge fight wasn't it?
Incident I am referring to happened in Northam just after christmas.
Jeepers. Only a matter of time till he's back behind bars.
Thank Jezza we don't have any of the those type of drink driving scandals at Carlton:)
You mean besides when Charlie Curnow lost his license for 2 years for drink driving a few years ago? Or Jeff Garlett the year before? Even Eddie Betts was locked up for drunk and disorderly early on.

Oh and don't forget Daisy Thomas getting blind drunk at a fund-raiser mid season resulting in suspension......or the time Levi Casboult was tied up and forced to drink till he passed out and his parents had to come pick him up.

"CuLTuRe" :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough upbringing and mental health aside - he genuinely could have killed someone driving drunk and recklessly enough to run red lights. Only luck and/or fate if you believe in it is why he’s a reckless driver who didn’t kill someone as opposed to someone like Payne Haas’s mother.

So yeah, he’s a dickhead. Amongst getting into street fights.

Richmond couldn’t have done more to support him either. Many other young kids have his upbringing and none of the opportunity for growth provided by Richmond.

Jeepers. Only a matter of time till he's back behind bars.

You mean besides when Charlie Curnow lost his license for 2 years for drink driving a few years ago? Or Jeff Garlett the year before? Even Eddie Betts was locked up for drunk and disorderly early on.

Oh and don't forget Daisy Thomas getting blind drunk at a fund-raiser mid season resulting in suspension......or the time Levi Casboult was tied up and forced to drink till he passed out and his parents had to come pick him up.

"CuLTuRe" :$
chuckles in Chris Yarran

Imagine working behind the bar of a dodgy Kuta nightclub at 3am in footy trip season 2019 and a group of Tigers current and recently retired players walk in.

The group is Jake King, Dusty Martin, Sydney Stack, Callum Coleman Jones, Ty Vickery, Relton Roberts, Daniel Connors,, Ben Cousins, Shai Bolton, Tom Derickx, Marlion Pickett, Aaron Edwards, Nathan Broad and Tyson Stengle.

What a window into the culture required to win AFL Premierships that would be.
If that was a western, everyone including the piano player just froze.

Alotta people with the view that the pathway is only for private schoolboys these days, at least in that environment it’ll show itself if an individual has trouble handling time management, tolerating frustration and dedication.
They need to be pretty high functioning these days.

Rhett Bazzo been described as a star today. Is there even a threshold?

Gist I seem to get
Hird/Voss/Buckley/Carey etc level = AFL Legend
Had a semi decent career or better = AFL Superstar
Made it on to an AFL list = AFL Star
Played in any league lower = AFL Player

That is not what happened with Jack Steven. I won't go into it but he was not out partying when it happened, no charged were filed. We had some real stupid ones 5+ years ago and honestly more that never made the news and the club dealt with internally.

Every club is like this, no club is free from criticism.

Also our TAC sponsorship was over anyway, they didn't like sponsoring footy clubs and Stokes was caught with 1g of drugs. How do you traffic 1g ahaha.

That is not what happened with Jack Steven. I won't go into it but he was not out partying when it happened, no charged were filed. We had some real stupid ones 5+ years ago and honestly more that never made the news and the club dealt with internally.

Every club is like this, no club is free from criticism.

Also our TAC sponsorship was over anyway, they didn't like sponsoring footy clubs and Stokes was caught with 1g of drugs. How do you traffic 1g ahaha.
I wasn't having a go @ Cats mate relax. Was just pointing out the fact that it happens at all clubs.

Whether or not TAC wanted a way out of their sponsorship is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back