Sydney Stack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Why do you think he's hard to be around? Please don't say its because he's on Tik-Tok and dyed his hair.

You've mentioned the off-field stuff which is fair and understandable that it could rub his team-mates the wrong way but I'm just wondering what makes you think he's a hard character to be around?

That’s a good question and I’ve got no problem with the tik toks etc. The only answer i have is he seems (from interviews/taking over Richmond insta etc) like a ball of energy that would be go go go all the time. I find people like that great in short bursts but if I was with them all the time like a hub situation it would do my head in. That might say more about me than it does Stack though.
Also, probably overthinking it here but maybe there is a reason Stack didn’t stay all that long with Dimma like Rioli did.
I’m sure the hub situation would of tested some relationships at every club. Personally I hope it is a wake up call and he goes on to fulfil his talent at Richmond because he is a special talent.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone know who lead who at all? Who come up with the idea? CCJ or Stack? Who was the David Warner if any?

Were they both staying in the same room creating peer pressure or in separate rooms?

Interested in how under the influence they were before deciding to go out and cloud their judgement.

Any other players know or become aware about the idea on the night and what was their response and to who did they respond to when and how?

Who are Stack and CCJ's mentors if any?

It reminds me of the recruits in the Army that are told as part of their training look after themselves and make sure they catch the bus on the way back from a weekend break from training to base. When they miss the bus, which is rare, all hell breaks out, but usually communication breakdowns is part of it and situational anomollies are a part of it.

Going through the detail is not necessarily about punishment. Rather caring enough to resolve any issues fully with transparency and fairness to mitigate risk and maximise development and growth for the group including enhancing leadership and versatility including relationship building to make the team even stronger as a unit and keep the players progressing on a path that enriches their lives providing them with the rewards they seek to achieve

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
What I take out of those comments is we were thinking of trading a ruckman and would rather it be CJ than Nank as long as we are happy with the deal.

Also think it’s Dimmas way of telling Stack to pull your head in or it’s done. He came back unfit and then this, plus it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s rubbed a few boys up the wrong way in the hub, seems like a character that would be hard to be around all the time. Sure he’s not the only one though and it would be a constant challenge about being in a hub.

he came back unfit due to the frothies, sadly it will be a wasted talent

would have got a grouse pick for ccj now we'll get pick 50
and this time last year - CCJ was looking more promising than Noah. What a 12 months!!??

my two cents worth....There is nothing that would reflect our culture more than dishing out a whack when needed, followed up by supporting the individuals and providing the opportunity for them to come back better. win win. To cut them loose now is almost a cop out (let alone the feeling of watching the two of them in someone else's colours). The hard work starts now for these guys and the club.

Hate the act but get around the two of them. It won't be easy. But not much worth fighting for ever is.

Last edited:
Thought stacky moved in with Clarke and his family?
Think that was last year
Going by his socials he had moved in with Conti this year but since that ended when he was in the hub no idea where he’s living now

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Yet both players would be snapped up by any other club ... and then the talk would change to how they needed a new environment. But if they should be sacked for what the did, doesn't it stand to reason that they should not be given a chance anywhere. Honestly, if the club thinks they are going to be two really good footballers in the future, we MUST not allow them to be simply gifted to another club.
Great players are important.

Team culture is more important.

Having said that I hope they’re still with us next year.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, if normal lists prevailed they might be a better chance of survival, but if the list reduces significantly enough, they will be on very shaky ground - when all things are close to equal between two players and one of them is CCJ or Stacky, I'd say they won't survive that contest. Such a dumb act!
I suspect Stacky more vulnerable his performances at senior level started abysmally and barely peaked at average , if I showed anyone his highlights last year to this , you’d be fooled it was the same player. Good, luck to the kid I just don’t think he’s put himself in a very good position when reviewing his performance to this incident and what they think he offers relative to what we could bring in

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
“Many of you have contacted the Club to express your disappointment, concern and anger, which is totally understandable. Several of you have asked me whether the culture of the Club is at risk and whether these incidents are an indication that something is seriously wrong. In short, are we still the Club that you have supported and respected?”

Lol which donkeys messaged/called the club to clarify this? Bahaha serious?Sucked in 🤭

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone know who lead who at all? Who come up with the idea? CCJ or Stack? Who was the David Warner if any?

Were they both staying in the same room creating peer pressure or in separate rooms?

Interested in how under the influence they were before deciding to go out and cloud their judgement.

Any other players know or become aware about the idea on the night and what was their response and to who did they respond to when and how?

Who are Stack and CCJ's mentors if any?

It reminds me of the recruits in the Army that are told as part of their training look after themselves and make sure they catch the bus on the way back from a weekend break from training to base. When they miss the bus, which is rare, all hell breaks out, but usually communication breakdowns is part of it and situational anomollies are a part of it.

Going through the detail is not necessarily about punishment. Rather caring enough to resolve any issues fully with transparency and fairness to mitigate risk and maximise development and growth for the group including enhancing leadership and versatility including relationship building to make the team even stronger as a unit and keep the players progressing on a path that enriches their lives providing them with the rewards they seek to achieve
It’s pointless guessing they’re both adults and had plenty of time to think about what was unfolding in front of them

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
people need to relax... tbh this is an average offence for a young player and the hyper strict rules due to COVID is a bit much. They should be sent home with a 10k fine each. The club needs to stand up to this witch hunt the media is having on RFC.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
and this time last year - CCJ was looking more promising than Noah. What a 12 months!!??

my two cents worth.... is nothing would reflect our culture more than dishing out a whack when needed, but also supporting the individuals and providing the opportunity for them to come back better. win win. To cut them loose now is almost a cop out (let alone the feeling of watching the two of them in someone else's colours). The hard work starts now for these guys and the club.

Hate the act but get around the two of them. It won't be easy. But not much worth fighting for ever is.
Agree totally.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
people need to relax... tbh this is an average offence for a young player and the hyper strict rules due to COVID is a bit much. They should be sent home with a 10k fine each. The club needs to stand up to this witch hunt the media is having on RFC.

shouldn't be any different to what sidearse got

So they should sack 2 kids who are in their teens who ****ed up but a bloke in the leadership team who is almost 30 and ****ed up in a similarly spectacular manner (but the story was buried by the club .. he was wandering around without his clothes on in public ffs) shouldn't be spoken about? Tony Jones can gagf.

Last edited:

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
So they should sack 2 kids who are in their teens who f’ed up but a bloke in the leadership team who is almots 30 and f’ed up in a similarly spectacular manner but was buried by the club he was wandering around without his clothes on in public ffs) that shouldn't be spoken about? Tony Jones can gagf.

sidearse got absolutely munted went to the bathhouse then walked around town naked during the Corona era yet barely got any punishment compared to ccj stack lel

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Is there such a thing as re calibration for umpires. One thing is certain, I wouldn't be buying real estate from any of the current umpires. Can someone take out a tape measure and remind them what 15 metres in distance looks like. At times I swear they are paying marks where the ball is lucky to have travelled 5 metres let alone 15.

I especially notice this more when sides play the keepings off game against us but can't find the space so the umpires help them to cheat by overstating the distance the ball carries, very annoying especially when the umpires apply the rule inconsistently.

It’s pointless guessing they’re both adults and had plenty of time to think about what was unfolding in front of them

Yeah, thought the same, couldn't be bothered typing it.............;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back