Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Has anybody been able to find a list of who has travelled to hub on the afl junket bar sheds Ablett and Hannebery?
Caro was suggesting some journalist has taken his girlfriend with him their is also talk of nannies etc
I seen video footage of Eddie with his 2 sons .............. WTF they are adults why the hell would they need to be there
Jack Riewoldts parents also flew up along with his wife and daughter - Why !!!!

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm guessing this has been brought up, but also don't want to scroll through 83 pages of comments - but what's the basis of premiership points being taken away if there's another hub breach?? It really seems like the AFL are just doing their typical policy on the run.

From my knowledge, the only time this has happened in the AFL was with Essendrugs 2013. Maybe there has been another case in the last 30 years due to salary cap breaches (like with Melbourne Storm), but I don't think so.

My point being the penalty does not seem commensurate with the crime. Example: one of our players partners gets a pedicure at a salon 15 mins away from the hotel = 3rd strike = premiership point deduction and consequentially our season is over. This penalty seems ridiculously over the top, particularly because the covid situation in QLD is very much under control.

Also have the Pies not had 3 covid breaches? 1. Buckley playing tennis 2. Buckley shaking hands/picture with supporter 3. Sidebottom's big night out

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I'm guessing this has been brought up, but also don't want to scroll through 83 pages of comments - but what's the basis of premiership points being taken away if there's another hub breach?? It really seems like the AFL are just doing their typical policy on the run.

From my knowledge, the only time this has happened in the AFL was with Essendrugs 2013. Maybe there has been another case in the last 30 years due to salary cap breaches (like with Melbourne Storm), but I don't think so.

My point being the penalty does not seem commensurate with the crime. Example: one of our players partners gets a pedicure at a salon 15 mins away from the hotel = 3rd strike = premiership point deduction and consequentially our season is over. This penalty seems ridiculously over the top, particularly because the covid situation in QLD is very much under control.

Also have the Pies not had 3 covid breaches? 1. Buckley playing tennis 2. Buckley shaking hands/picture with supporter 3. Sidebottom's big night out
No yellow sash at Collingwood

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
I seen video footage of Eddie with his 2 sons .............. WTF they are adults why the hell would they need to be there
7 weeks expenses paid including flights to the Gold Coast .
versus
Locked up in Melbourne allowed out for 1 hour a day with a mask ?????
Pretty easy choice , if offered I’d have thought .
When I’ve been to the Gold Coast late September early October it’s cost me about $1k a day plus flights !!

I think those penalties where determined months ago mate. All Clubs were aware. The crime (as you put it) is pretty large when you consider what is at stake so personally I wouldn't go minimising it. The AFL was going to struggle to function in 2020, however through wise negotiations with some state Senior Medical Officers, managed to nut out a set of protocols that could see 17 rounds and finals played - if the AFL Clubs abided by them. I am actually amazed the SMO's agreed to 'strikes'. One bad enough strike could potentially put a State into the sort of lockdown that Victoria is suffering from now.

We have games happening, so that players get to ply their trade and earn the living they need to pay their financial commitments (the more you earn the more you seem to spend), we get to see games (and the AFL gets paid TV rights) even if they don't quite compare to regular season games and more people generally get to stay involved in the game. There are some AFL Clubs that might have been in ruins by next year without this imperfect, quickly put together Hub concept. It comes with protocols or else we have nothing (or next to it)

Be grateful for what you have got, I know I am!

Last edited:

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Jack said his folks are baby sitting etc . His wife is pregnant to , so without knowing details of their personal life etc she may be struggling with the little one alone and they came up to help out.

Jack said his folks are baby sitting etc . His wife is pregnant to , so without knowing details of their personal life etc she may be struggling with the little one alone and they came up to help out.

Fair call, post natal depression, or something simpler can feel just as devastating in new home environments. Until you walk a mile in their shoes you just don't know..................

Laffy2Chaffey2Daffy

All Australian
Nov 14, 2012
Burundi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
How much salary loss do they get for a 10 game suspension? How much of their salary is tied to performance in the sense club members and sponsors risk has partially been mitigated by player gross irresponsibility?

It is an interesting one because if they do not pay all contracts will have to be re-written to be performance based to mitigate overhead costs since revenue is largely variable so clubs and organisations can operate as viable ongoing concerns
According to the certified agreement, they would be on a minimum base of $110,000 plus $5,000 per game. I think the base has been reduced for 2020 for all players. I would have been happier if the AFL handed them the 10 games and a decent fine on top, but that isn't what the AFL did.

7 weeks expenses paid including flights to the Gold Coast .
versus
Locked up in Melbourne allowed out for 1 hour a day with a mask ?????
Pretty easy choice , if offered I’d have thought .
When I’ve been to the Gold Coast late September early October it’s cost me about $1k a day plus flights !!

Aaahhh, the Gold Coast - Melbourne's most northern suburb! Come on back now ya hear! :D

Goshaa

🏆🏆
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Considering only Cotch, Balta and Garth have liked Stack’s apology on Instagram yet pretty much the whole club including Brendon Gale, Alex Rance and the KGI (!) have liked Jack Graham’s post about his dachshund passing away, I’d say Stack has some work to do lol.

Also, RIP Wally.
They say you can’t read too much into social media likes, but you definitely can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Just heard a snippet of Dimma talking about these two, didn't sound too promising in regards to them being around the club next season
what did he say, we were incredibly disappointed, the futures will be discussed inside our 4 walls at the appropriate time, which isn't now

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
what did he say, we were incredibly disappointed, the futures will be discussed inside our 4 walls at the appropriate time, which isn't now
Can't remember exactly but when asked if they'd be at the club next year he said it's something we'll have to discuss that then slipped up shortly after saying they're Richmond men at the moment. He corrected himself and said he shouldn't say at the moment, but it wasn't convincing.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Can't remember exactly but when asked if they'd be at the club next year he said it's something we'll have to discuss that then slipped up shortly after saying they're Richmond men at the moment. He corrected himself and said he shouldn't say at the moment, but it wasn't convincing.
yep, there'll be a bit to play out no doubt, as mentioned it will likely come down to list sizes, the deeper they go the odds are the less patience we have to hang onto these guys

yep, there'll be a bit to play out no doubt, as mentioned it will likely come down to list sizes, the deeper they go the odds are the less patience we have to hang onto these guys

Yeah, if normal lists prevailed they might be a better chance of survival, but if the list reduces significantly enough, they will be on very shaky ground - when all things are close to equal between two players and one of them is CCJ or Stacky, I'd say they won't survive that contest. Such a dumb act!

Last edited:

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just heard a snippet of Dimma talking about these two, didn't sound too promising in regards to them being around the club next season

What I take out of those comments is we were thinking of trading a ruckman and would rather it be CJ than Nank as long as we are happy with the deal.

Also think it’s Dimmas way of telling Stack to pull your head in or it’s done. He came back unfit and then this, plus it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s rubbed a few boys up the wrong way in the hub, seems like a character that would be hard to be around all the time. Sure he’s not the only one though and it would be a constant challenge about being in a hub.

McTiger

Senior List
Sep 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Yet both players would be snapped up by any other club ... and then the talk would change to how they needed a new environment. But if they should be sacked for what the did, doesn't it stand to reason that they should not be given a chance anywhere. Honestly, if the club thinks they are going to be two really good footballers in the future, we MUST not allow them to be simply gifted to another club.

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
What I take out of those comments is we were thinking of trading a ruckman and would rather it be CJ than Nank as long as we are happy with the deal.

Also think it’s Dimmas way of telling Stack to pull your head in or it’s done. He came back unfit and then this, plus it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s rubbed a few boys up the wrong way in the hub, seems like a character that would be hard to be around all the time. Sure he’s not the only one though and it would be a constant challenge about being in a hub.

Why do you think he's hard to be around? Please don't say its because he's on Tik-Tok and dyed his hair.

You've mentioned the off-field stuff which is fair and understandable that it could rub his team-mates the wrong way but I'm just wondering what makes you think he's a hard character to be around?

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
they will be druggos players then. nothing surer

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
would have got a grouse pick for ccj now we'll get pick 50

This won’t really diminish their trade value much IMO. No way you give them away for next to nothing because there will be a proper market out there for players of this calibre. The Crows would be mad to not offer for CCJ as he fits a really clear need for them and is from SA. He is contracted so they would need to make a decent offer, I would think he’d be worth a pick around 15 at worst. Stack tougher to value. If you were confident in his approach being sufficiently professional at all times he is a top 10 pick guy. But we got him at a massive discount for the same reason he is devalued a bit now. Pretty surprised if some club didn’t want to trade a 15-20 pick so they could take their chances with him though.

I hope we retain both and this is the making of them. If we get them right they go to make up almost 10% of our team for the next decade. Stack last year was incredibly good for a first year player and just a total joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back