Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing as re calibration for umpires. One thing is certain, I wouldn't be buying real estate from any of the current umpires. Can someone take out a tape measure and remind them what 15 metres in distance looks like. At times I swear they are paying marks where the ball is lucky to have travelled 5 metres let alone 15.

I especially notice this more when sides play the keepings off game against us but can't find the space so the umpires help them to cheat by overstating the distance the ball carries, very annoying especially when the umpires apply the rule inconsistently.

Does vary widely - no pun intended.

thats the dismissive nature that causes/empowers the problem potentially.

A sign of arrogance and aloofness?

But we tolerate you all the same;):D

Was not a great interview by Dimma.

Left the door open to more questions with the 'at the moment' comments when he could have cut it off quickly.

A message of the club is managing the situation which includes both supporting the players and ultimately determining the consequences.

Was not a great interview by Dimma.

Left the door open to more questions with the 'at the moment' comments when he could have cut it off quickly.

A message of the club is managing the situation which includes both supporting the players and ultimately determining the consequences.
It engages clubs who may have had an interest in either which will inflate their value . Whilst it also sends the message To current players and members that the club has taken this seriously and that a similar discretion will see players put on the market .
I am sure Dimma would have known and with the help of the club prepared for questioning on the incident .
An intended slip of the tongue you could say .

It engages clubs who may have had an interest in either which will inflate their value . Whilst it also sends the message To current players and members that the club has taken this seriously and that a similar discretion will see players put on the market .
I am sure Dimma would have known and with the help of the club prepared for questioning on the incident .
An intended slip of the tongue you could say .
Agree, there is no way he wasn’t prepared for the questions, after the last ambush, it was a prepared answer, he tried to sound as if he was caught on the hop

Do we know where Stack and CCJ are?
Flew back through Adelaide I believe so should be back in Melb now.
Who do we have left at Punt rd?

Assume they are 'turning up for work' - training etc?

Do we know where Stack and CCJ are?
Flew back through Adelaide I believe so should be back in Melb now.
Who do we have left at Punt rd?

Assume they are 'turning up for work' - training etc?
Both in Adelaide last reported. Stacky staying with an aunt until he can get back to Perth. CCJ is from Adelaide so assume he’ll just stay there

Both in Adelaide last reported. Stacky staying with an aunt until he can get back to Perth. CCJ is from Adelaide so assume he’ll just stay there

makes sense, why run back to punt road at the moment, break be good for them to think about a few things individually and get some perspective

makes sense, why run back to punt road at the moment, break be good for them to think about a few things individually and get some perspective
They should have went back to Punt Rd and ran laps everyday, that would have shown real commitment to team mates for letting them down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CCJ legit picked strippers and a kebab over a possible premiership medallion. Would’ve been a huge chance to be playing with the Soldo injury.

I suspect we still rated Marbs a fair way ahead of him going off which one of them has been given the opportunities already this year (and done well from those opportunities), but either way, you're right, this may well be the closest he ever comes to fulfilling every players dream.

One little break his way and he was there.

Tough lesson and he's definitely learned it the hard way.

I suspect we still rated Marbs a fair way ahead of him going off which one of them has been given the opportunities already this year (and done well from those opportunities), but either way, you're right, this may well be the closest he ever comes to fulfilling every players dream.

One little break his way and he was there.

Tough lesson and he's definitely learned it the hard way.
Think CCJ was always a decent chance to get a run of games at some stage while Nank was injured, problem was he got injured a few weeks later.

There's literally zero evidence they were ever inside the strippers. Get over the media hype, mate. They were never in a strip club, never had any problems in a strip club and never got kicked out of a strip club. They were in a kebab shop and some campaigner accosted them outside the kebab shop.

The only things they did wrong was take an uber (AFL covid rules) and to go to a disallowed site (another AFL covid rule limiting sites of access) which was the kebab shop.

The "disallowed site" was bullshit anyway as "take away" was allowed, which you'd think kebab shops qualify.
I don't care about the fight, to me it was unprovoked and they were just defending themselves.
After your statement that they weren't in the strip club, I looked for doubt that you could show me one media report, Richmond club statement, or statement from either player refuting the report that they were in the strip club... just one if you can find one. Why would they not deny it if it was untrue.
Until you can show me that they weren't I'll just consider you another self-opinionated Richmond supporter that thinks the club and it's players can do no wrong.

Truth be known, there have been many players that have most likely visited the strip bar. Not only from our club, but from others. Our guys just got "unlucky". If that idiot hadn't attacked them, they would have been just like the rest - undetected.

That's not to say they are not guilty. Just that they were the guys that got caught in the act. I have a little bit more sympathy than most here for them. They are only 20/21. I can remember when I was that age. All I could think about was you know what. They are full of testosterone and couped up in a hub. They would be absolutely busting....

Our punishment was comparatively very very harsh. Take Collingwood's penalties as a comparison. First offence was by their senior player and Vice Captain found drunk and half naked. No fine and only a 4 week penalty. Second offence was their senior coach and senior assistant coach playing tennis with Alica Molik. It cost each guy $12.5K each and no suspension.
In comparison, our first was not even by a player. It was by the captain's wife. It cost the captain $25K. Our second offence was from 2 juniors. They cannot be compared to seniors who should know better. The club cops a $100K fine and they get a 10 week suspension. Where is the consistency there?
Why did we get penalties so much harsher than Collingwood who also had two offences? The AFL is such an amateur organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back