Sydney Stack Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Truth be known, there have been many players that have most likely visited the strip bar. Not only from our club, but from others. Our guys just got "unlucky". If that idiot hadn't attacked them, they would have been just like the rest - undetected.

That's not to say they are not guilty. Just that they were the guys that got caught in the act. I have a little bit more sympathy than most here for them. They are only 20/21. I can remember when I was that age. All I could think about was you know what. They are full of testosterone and couped up in a hub. They would be absolutely busting....

Our punishment was comparatively very very harsh. Take Collingwood's penalties as a comparison. First offence was by their senior player and Vice Captain found drunk and half naked. No fine and only a 4 week penalty. Second offence was their senior coach and senior assistant coach playing tennis with Alica Molik. It cost each guy $12.5K each and no suspension.
In comparison, our first was not even by a player. It was by the captain's wife. It cost the captain $25K. Our second offence was from 2 juniors. They cannot be compared to seniors who should know better. The club cops a $100K fine and they get a 10 week suspension. Where is the consistency there?
Why did we get penalties so much harsher than Collingwood who also had two offences? The AFL is such an amateur organization.
Called scapegoats , Sidebottom was in nsw rather than QLd possibly saved his neck

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't care about the fight, to me it was unprovoked and they were just defending themselves.
After your statement that they weren't in the strip club, I looked for doubt that you could show me one media report, Richmond club statement, or statement from either player refuting the report that they were in the strip club... just one if you can find one. Why would they not deny it if it was untrue.
Until you can show me that they weren't I'll just consider you another self-opinionated Richmond supporter that thinks the club and it's players can do no wrong.

Personally, I don't think whether they were in the strip club or not is really something anybody cares about. The player's behaviour is damning enough either way. For somebody to take the effort to address the details of what happened on the evening seems a bit pointless. Even if they weren't in the club, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for anybody to issue a denial.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
After your statement that they weren't in the strip club, I looked for doubt that you could show me one media report, Richmond club statement, or statement from either player refuting the report that they were in the strip club... just one if you can find one. Why would they not deny it if it was untrue.
Until you can show me that they weren't I'll just consider you another self-opinionated Richmond supporter that thinks the club and it's players can do no wrong.
it's impossible to prove they were not there... it's piss easy to prove they were there (if they actually were), so go ahead and try.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
it's impossible to prove they were not there... it's piss easy to prove they were there (if they actually were), so go ahead and try.
It’s inconsequential really as they broke protocol by travelling in an Uber. BG on radio interview indicated that they were in a non sanctioned venue , so 2&2 says they were. They’ve copped their wack , was harsh but prob right under circumstances. In light of day I’m less inclined to have them sacked as I reckon they will repay the faith

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
its done and cant be taken back

you bet they're not feeling it right now , especially CCJ , with Soldo down
CCJ normally would have been playing in the scrimmage match V Geelong
if he was burning in the ruck and Chol slotting goals up forward who knows how the match committee would have gone

I wonder whats going thru the minds of those incharge of the list make up

Soldo out for much of 2020 ?

Nank -> GWS have deals been struck there ??? can they be undone ?

Mate C not arriving till March and you would think needing 2021 to settle in

is the door open again for CCJ ?

or do we swallow it and run with Chol as no.1 ruck in 2021

Chol could change things over the next few weeks

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
It’s inconsequential really as they broke protocol by travelling in an Uber. BG on radio interview indicated that they were in a non sanctioned venue , so 2&2 says they were. They’ve copped their wack , was harsh but prob right under circumstances. In light of day I’m less inclined to have them sacked as I reckon they will repay the faith
Agree that it's inconsequential, but that wasn't my point to the deluded wet toaster I was replying to.

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Well I could point to all the media reports from just about every media outlet in the country but that would be pointless because you "know" better. As you've already said "Get over the media hype, mate. They were never in a strip club, never had any problems in a strip club and never got kicked out of a strip club." Pretty pointless even discussing it with you because you were obviously there with them and witnessed the whole thing first hand. 😁 I'll stick with my first description of you

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Well I could point to all the media reports from just about every media outlet in the country but that would be pointless because you "know" better. As you've already said "Get over the media hype, mate. They were never in a strip club, never had any problems in a strip club and never got kicked out of a strip club." Pretty pointless even discussing it with you because you were obviously there with them and witnessed the whole thing first hand. 😁 I'll stick with my first description of you
Enjoy your cognitive dissonance :)

I've read the same reports, just haven't made any assumptions without evidence, contrary to what you've done.

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Enjoy your cognitive dissonance :)

I've read the same reports, just haven't made any assumptions without evidence, contrary to what you've done.
I prefer to enjoy my cognitive consonance 😃

Unless there is evidence to the contrary, I will go with what is yet to be denied.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Two words , strip club , amplified the hysteria like a turbo blaster. Had they been at Top Golf instead , would have been barely a ripple , yet still breached same protocols

The fight didn’t help either. The hysteria was magnified for those two factors.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
What a joke. 4 weeks for Sidebum, 10 weeks for Stack and CCJ (harsh but fair enough I guess) ... and now back to 4 weeks?

Can’t let us distract us at the moment, but once the season is dusted we should request the 10 week suspensions be reviewed and overturned.

rantonio

Rookie
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
What a joke. 4 weeks for Sidebum, 10 weeks for Stack and CCJ (harsh but fair enough I guess) ... and now back to 4 weeks?

Can’t let us distract us at the moment, but once the season is dusted we should request the 10 week suspensions be reviewed and overturned.

Bennell didn't get in a fight and get taken to the cop shop and fined by police.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Bennell didn't get in a fight and get taken to the cop shop and fined by police.
This is a hard point to argue because the fact is none of us really know the details of what happen in either incident.

We know a couple of details about the Stack / CCJ situation, but we don’t know much for certain.

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
This was Melbourne's second offence...why the lenient penalty ? Are they Collingwood or something ?

you almost answered your own question , they are Melb. say no more , how can you not have some pitty
all the false dawns they are having , their tough man Viney being "sat down"

I don't but the more casual follow could

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
The fight didn’t help either. The hysteria was magnified for those two factors.
The assault , hmmm may have been able to back out of that seeing as they were sitting down at the time. Club saw sense in not going down that path seeing they went to the venue first which I’m sure drew the ire of afl chiefs and other stakes , rightly or wrongly. In any case they broke protocol like Bennell did

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
The assault , hmmm may have been able to back out of that seeing as they were sitting down at the time. Club saw sense in not going down that path seeing they went to the venue first which I’m sure drew the ire of afl chiefs and other stakes , rightly or wrongly. In any case they broke protocol like Bennell did

100%, the fight clearly wasn’t theirfault, but early reporting jumped on it as they were being charged.

The boys and club were charged based on first with the story journalism, forcing the AFL to save public face.

what they did was dumb but nothing illegal, same with Bennell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back