Delisted Sydney Stack [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

So? You were clearly trying to be a smart arse, your intent was clear
You're not very good at this. Call me arrogant and then ahead and say exactly the same thing that I did in my post :straining:

All I did was ask what chocco could do that we couldn't and that Stack had to he ready to help himself first. Not sure what exactly you'd disagree with....

Have a spell

You're not very good at this. Call me arrogant and then ahead and say exactly the same thing that I did in my post :straining:

All I did was ask what chocco could do that we couldn't and that Stack had to he ready to help himself first. Not sure what exactly you'd disagree with....

Have a spell

🤣

Have a spell

He was right.

Just because Richmond or Hardwick couldnt get the desired results doesnt mean another club or coach cant.

Maybe Stack was a big Mrs Harwick fan and when Mr Hardwick couldnt stay faithful he lost his respect.

Stack really just needs to grow up.

He was right.

Just because Richmond or Hardwick couldnt get the desired results doesnt mean another club or coach cant.

Maybe Stack was a big Mrs Harwick fan and when Mr Hardwick couldnt stay faithful he lost his respect.

Stack really just needs to grow up.
Yes that is the crux of everything I have said so far...

I’d have Stack for one simple reason. He’s been at Richmond - a team that’s been professionally ran his entire AFL career. Who can match this? Maybe only my team.

For some reason I thought he was a lot older but I must’ve confused him with Pickett

Yep sounds like he needs some time out in another league to prove he can deliver consistently before another club will trust him. Even then there is no guarantee - ne Dayle Garlett at the Hawks.

The cats didn’t do anything with Stengle, he’d already pulled his own head in and proved him self at state league before he joined Geelong.
He was going to go well at any AFL club he made it to after what he’d worked on himself.
You could be right and we will never know, but I personally think you are underselling the Betts effect.

I’d have Stack for one simple reason. He’s been at Richmond - a team that’s been professionally ran his entire AFL career. Who can match this? Maybe only my team.

For some reason I thought he was a lot older but I must’ve confused him with Pickett
Yes, only Richmond and Geelong have been professionally run for the past few years...

Yes, only Richmond and Geelong have been professionally run for the past few years...
Geelong and Sydney most of this millennium, Hawks for a few years and Tigers look in a better position for the future than what Hawthorn fared since their threepeat.

Your club was well ran but now it’s time to suffer what Adelaide has for the past 5 years. At least you walked away with a premiership unlike them.

Geelong and Sydney most of this millennium, Hawks for a few years and Tigers look in a better position for the future than what Hawthorn fared since their threepeat.

Your club was well ran but now it’s time to suffer what Adelaide has for the past 5 years. At least you walked away with a premiership unlike them.
Not sure you can solely equate ladder position to how well-run a club is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you can solely equate ladder position to how well-run a club is.

Yours is great off field financially, but you need a stadium that fits more people dude. Your membership numbers are so high and yet your home ground isn’t close to the MCG capacity.

Makes me thankful I live in a different state to my club because I doubt I’d be getting in 9 times at GMHBA. Although I’d never live in Geelong and would rather the atmosphere of MCG games.

So because Richmond failed he has no chance at all?

Righteo
Any club who picks up Sydney needs to know that Sydney has discovered a new dedication to getting the most out of his career. Since his debut season he has constantly let himself down in terms of returning to training in as fit as condition as possible, never mind the off field issues, both reported and those that went unreported that many Tigers fans know about that showed just how poor his dedication was.

The cats didn’t do anything with Stengle, he’d already pulled his own head in and proved him self at state league before he joined Geelong.
He was going to go well at any AFL club he made it to after what he’d worked on himself.

Point is it's not Richmond or bust for Stack. It hasn't been for many other players.

Having Eddie Betts as an assistant at the Cats was also a significant factor in Stengle's remarkable turnaround.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be an AFL footballer.

He wants to be an AFL footballer.

He doesn't seem to be willing to put in the work and show the discipline required however, and as talented as he is, he's still a small, not so fast player so he has to work hard to get there.

Best thing that could happen for him, career-wise, would be to try and get another gig everywhere only to have 18 clubs tell him to go play WAFL (or equivalent) for a year or two and show them that he's serious. Because that big dose of reality from the opportunity he's pissed away staring him in the face could be the only thing that gets him on the track he needs to get on.

He wants to be an AFL footballer.

He doesn't seem to be willing to put in the work and show the discipline required however, and as talented as he is, he's still a small, not so fast player so he has to work hard to get there.

Best thing that could happen for him, career-wise, would be to try and get another gig everywhere only to have 18 clubs tell him to go play WAFL (or equivalent) for a year or two and show them that he's serious. Because that big dose of reality from the opportunity he's pissed away staring him in the face could be the only thing that gets him on the track he needs to get on.
You know him?

The delisting/non renewal might already be the kick up the ass he needs to realise to make it in the AFL, it's more than just talent.

If the penny drops quickly, he will succeed somewhere as early as next year.

If it takes longer, he might need to go do well in the state leagues like Stengle.

If the penny never drops, he will just be another wasted uber talent that never fulfilled what he could have been.

The delisting/non renewal might already be the kick up the ass he needs to realise to make it in the AFL, it's more than just talent.

If the penny drops quickly, he will succeed somewhere as early as next year.

If it takes longer, he might need to go do well in the state leagues like Stengle.

If the penny never drops, he will just be another wasted uber talent that never fulfilled what he could have been.
Hopefully we re-rookie him. He is a better bet than who ever we are taking in the 5th round.

Hopefully we re-rookie him. He is a better bet than who ever we are taking in the 5th round.
I'd have hoped so too, but I think that ship has sailed.

If we were going to, I reckon the announcement would have included something like "the club plans to offer Sydney a place on the rookie list again" or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back