Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking foward to seeing how the 2 boys go in 2020

Im Really excited by the players that have now been on the list 12-36 months who will have 2-3 preseasons into them now and will be pushing for senior spots
Stack , Dow , RCD , Ross , Ralph-Smith , Martyn , Cumberland , CCJ , Miller , Biggy , Naish

The AFL wont know what hit them with all these new kids coming in and just playing like 200 game players
Quite a few there are unknown so we could have booms or busts or anything in between.

For 2021 I'm really looking forward to what RCD, Ross, Stack and CCJ can bring. I reckon those 4 are the newcomers that bring improvement to our side.

Quite a few there are unknown so we could have booms or busts or anything in between.

For 2021 I'm really looking forward to what RCD, Ross, Stack and CCJ can bring. I reckon those 4 are the newcomers that bring improvement to our side.

Will Martyn will suprise a few keep a eye out.

CCJ was worse than Stack as CCJ wasn't a realistic chance of playing and happily broke the covid rules and took a 1st 18 player with him.
I would have traded him, he's just another Liam McBean whilst Stack has unlimited potential.

CCJ was worse than Stack as CCJ wasn't a realistic chance of playing and happily broke the covid rules and took a 1st 18 player with him.
I would have traded him, he's just another Liam McBean whilst Stack has unlimited potential.
Bad troll attempt is bad

Bad troll attempt is bad
Liam McBean was meant to be a super player and was on the list for 6 years I think.
I can see the same for CCJ.
Re-cycled and rookied ruckman are the way to go unless there is a Tim English type available.

Modsssssss troll alert check credentials please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand by that.
Don't you think CCJ stuffed up by costing Stack a GF spot? Stack of course has some blame but most of the negative stuff on this thread is directed to Stack who is younger than CCJ and has issues from his crappy upbringing.
With Soldo’s injury and Chol’s lack of impact I honestly believe that CCJ was close to breaking a potential side than Stack was.

Regardless of all of that their actions aren’t any different on where they sit in the squad. Both players ****ed up and I really hope they learn from it and now work harder than ever. Both CCJ & Stack are wonderfully talented players and both have the potential to become very good AFL players.

Why troll? Given CCJ has shown less than McBean while Stack has generally been best 22 for us since we picked him up, I tend to agree with this take. CCJ should be on a lot thinner ice than Stack.
Talls never comes on early , he’s progressing to plan and an opportunity would have opened up had he not ****ed up. Stack faded badly from a very promising opening season he has much work to do to restore the faith , not saying it can’t be done I gotta see it first ,, oh and he was a Monty to be dropped come finals , Aarts was firmer in the side than he

I stand by that.
Don't you think CCJ stuffed up by costing Stack a GF spot? Stack of course has some blame but most of the negative stuff on this thread is directed to Stack who is younger than CCJ and has issues from his crappy upbringing.
Stack cost Stack a gf spot. He was shocking this year. CCJ probably would've played at least a few games after Soldo went down if he was available.

Stack cost Stack a gf spot. He was shocking this year. CCJ probably would've played at least a few games after Soldo went down if he was available.
Yep. I reckon the few games Chol had end of year would've been CCJ's instead, and he probably would've put up a contest.

Stack was amazing in 2019, but let's not forget how average (at best) he was this year. Doubt he would've been best 22 for the GF.

Yep. I reckon the few games Chol had end of year would've been CCJ's instead, and he probably would've put up a contest.

Stack was amazing in 2019, but let's not forget how average (at best) he was this year. Doubt he would've been best 22 for the GF.
Not a chance , he didn’t fire a shot all year

Fair few posters here saying that Stack had a s**t year and I agree. What I would like to know is why?

I don't ride with the theory of '2nd year blues' If a player has talent then he doesn't lose it. Granted he is very young and may have had a bit of difficulty handling the 'star' status of being an AFL player. Still doesn't explain why he was getting caught in tackles and not finding space like he did in his 1st year.

I think that there's probably a couple of things at play here. His first handful of games he played off half back where it is much easier to read the play coming in and participate in the possession chains coming out. His courage in standing under the ball, finding space and bringing in other players was exemplary, his disposal efficiency was off the charts for someone so new to AFL.

He was then moved to the forward line probably as a 'let's see how he goes' trial. Again he proved himself to be above average. Maybe oppo coaches realised that he could be damaging and put a lot more effort into nullifying him. Young bloke has found it much more difficult with the extra attention added to playing in a more difficult position.

Obviously up to the coaches but he needs to get to HB and use those skills that made him such a stand out in his first year.

Fair few posters here saying that Stack had a sh*t year and I agree. What I would like to know is why?

I don't ride with the theory of '2nd year blues' If a player has talent then he doesn't lose it. Granted he is very young and may have had a bit of difficulty handling the 'star' status of being an AFL player. Still doesn't explain why he was getting caught in tackles and not finding space like he did in his 1st year.

I think that there's probably a couple of things at play here. His first handful of games he played off half back where it is much easier to read the play coming in and participate in the possession chains coming out. His courage in standing under the ball, finding space and bringing in other players was exemplary, his disposal efficiency was off the charts for someone so new to AFL.

He was then moved to the forward line probably as a 'let's see how he goes' trial. Again he proved himself to be above average. Maybe oppo coaches realised that he could be damaging and put a lot more effort into nullifying him. Young bloke has found it much more difficult with the extra attention added to playing in a more difficult position.

Obviously up to the coaches but he needs to get to HB and use those skills that made him such a stand out in his first year.

No, he’s looked all at sea in the forward line except for one half of footy against the Saints. Terrible forward.

Fair few posters here saying that Stack had a sh*t year and I agree. What I would like to know is why?

He simply got ahead of himself IMO... and it happens to young blokes with a bit of confidence...

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... this time it didn't...

Pretty sure he played HB at the start of the year. Was moved around because he was struggling to impact wherever they put him.

No, he’s looked all at sea in the forward line except for one half of footy against the Saints. Terrible forward.
What you mean 'no'? I'm advocating that he get's moved to the backline.......

Stats for '19

stack.PNG

Stats for '20

stack2.PNG

I don't recall him playing back this year, but that's a pretty big drop in output......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back