Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYDNEY Stack will have to address his Richmond teammates to "tell his story" when he returns to the club next week after being fined for breaching Western Australia's COVID-19 quarantine laws.

Stack appeared in Perth Magistrates Court on Thursday for his sentencing, having already pleaded guilty to one count of failing to comply with a direction.

The 20-year-old was fined $6000 and will return to Melbourne on Sunday.

But he is unlikely to play at AFL level any time soon as he instead focuses on getting his life back in order and rebuilding his fitness base.

Stack spent almost three weeks - including the Christmas period - behind bars after being caught in Northbridge during his compulsory self-isolation period.

It came after he had been granted approval to enter WA on compassionate grounds in December for his grandfather's funeral.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick on Friday said he hopes the incident and penalty can be a "fork in the road" for Stack.

"He's been on a hell of a journey, the young man," Hardwick said.

"Everyone does have a story to tell, myself included, at various stages.

"In his own time he'll get up and address the group, he'll tell his situation of what he's been through and, more importantly, what he wants to do going forward.

"That's the big one for us. We can sit there and hang people on their past, but it's more important what he's going to do with his first step inside the door."

Hardwick said Richmond teammate Marlion Pickett will likely act as a mentor for fellow Indigenous player Stack.

Pickett spent time in jail before being given a football lifeline by the Tigers and becoming a premiership player, famously starring on debut in the 2019 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

"It's early days, but I think Marlion would be a great role model for (Stack)," Hardwick said.

"He's been through some significant challenges himself and there's no greater example to look at the guy on his left and make his way in the world."

Because his lawyer would be able to gauge how fit he is?? It would be literally to say that the past 4 months has put him behind the 8 ball. The percentage would be a throw away line.

I mean I can think of a few reasons, but also wonder how we know that he hasn't? And also wonder how why we take a lawyer's comments at face value.

I think indicating that he isn't ready for football and is going to work on his fitness base which is low due to some issues like a month in prison and blah blah is a great PR strategy for them because it immediately wipes out 100 potential articles and tweets speculating a return to football.

It takes the pressure off stack and lets him focus on getting back to football with a little less sh*t storm around him

Agreed

For him to only be at 25% fitness by his own lawyers admission there is no question that he hasn’t worked as hard as he could have
His lawyer will say anything if he thinks it will help his client. By saying he is 25% fit helps him. I. E. He has already suffered punishment by not returning to Vic and pre season training. His career has been put on hold. Who knows how fit he really is?

His lawyer will say anything if he thinks it will help his client. By saying he is 25% fit helps him. I. E. He has already suffered punishment by not returning to Vic and pre season trading. His career has been put on hold. Who knows how fit he really is?
I personally think it does the opposite
Shows he hasn’t changed and has a lux attitude and expects everything to be handed to him without willing to do the work

He need to stop acting like and/or trying to portray himself as the victim

Shows he hasn’t changed and has a lux attitude and expects everything to be handed to him without willing to do the work

How do you get that conclusion? Lawyer said it but how the * would the lawyer know in all honesty how fit he is? Did they do the beep test before the hearing? It was a throw away line that would have been said to highlight the fact he has been restricted in his trade.

A Lux attitude. Have you read the stories about Sydney Stack to know where he has come from and how hard it had it as a kid before getting drafted.

He was PUT IN JAIL over this breach for 3 weeks, including Christmas and you're saying he is trying to portray himself as a victim, wake up made, he is a victim of his circumstances. If you're going to go off the words on the lawyer, he also said the fact that Sydney hasn't been in jail before this moment, based on his upbringing is a reference to his character.

Pickett, our premiership hero, was released from prison after 30 months at age 21. Stack is still 20. Clearly, he needs some work, no one is denying that, but because he dances on instagram and tiktok doesn't mean he has a poor attitude. It's probably his release from the pressure.

Sick of the crap on this thread. Makes me sick.

But if we are taking everything the lawyer and stack said at face value you would know that he has had a difficult time in WA dealing with imprisonment and some mental trauma and that he is focused on returning to the club and getting back to match fitness

So I don't think we need to worry about him not doing the work or being relaxed during his time in WA

How do you get that conclusion? Lawyer said it but how the fu** would the lawyer know in all honesty how fit he is? Did they do the beep test before the hearing? It was a throw away line that would have been said to highlight the fact he has been restricted in his trade.
Dimma mentioned it as well in his press conference

A Lux attitude. Have you read the stories about Sydney Stack to know where he has come from and how hard it had it as a kid before getting drafted.

He was PUT IN JAIL over this breach for 3 weeks, including Christmas and you're saying he is trying to portray himself as a victim, wake up made, he is a victim of his circumstances. If you're going to go off the words on the lawyer, he also said the fact that Sydney hasn't been in jail before this moment, based on his upbringing is a reference to his character.

Pickett, our premiership hero, was released from prison after 30 months at age 21. Stack is still 20. Clearly, he needs some work, no one is denying that, but because he dances on instagram and tiktok doesn't mean he has a poor attitude. It's probably his release from the pressure.

Sick of the crap on this thread. Makes me sick.
As bad as he copped it he isn’t the victim
He put himself in the situation to get in trouble in the first place
He can’t blame anyone else for it but himself

As bad as he copped it he isn’t the victim
He put himself in the situation to get in trouble in the first place
He can’t blame anyone else for it but himself

Rightio mate. I can't make you see my point of view.

Something as simple as stating an address on his declaration isn't as easy as it sounds. Anywho, gotta stop reading this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightio mate. I can't make you see my point of view.

Something as simple as stating an address on his declaration isn't as easy as it sounds. Anywho, gotta stop reading this thread.
He went out on the piss and got into a fight.

Twice.

Got caught by police not self isolating.

Twice.

He lied to police about the fact he was meant to be isolating

No one made stack do those things

I don’t agree with the punishment he copped but at the end of the day he also needs to be held solely accountable for those actions

He went out on the piss and got into a fight.

Twice.

Got caught by police not self isolating.

Twice.

He lied to police about the fact he was meant to be isolating

No one made stack do those things

I don’t agree with the punishment he copped but at the end of the day he also needs to be held solely accountable for those actions

I agree he needs to own it. I hope he is man enough to tell his story,then move onto becoming the Richmond man he can be.

I've always been tought from a young age; "everyone makes mistakes. What shapes a person is how you respond and rebound from mistakes and adversity."
I've been as hard as anyone on him in this thread. However, he is a Richmond man again and hopefully this is the learning curve and wake up call that really turns his life around. I hope he owns his mistakes like a man, take all the criticism on the chin and puts his head down. As long as he is a tiger man I will support him. It would be such a waste with his talent. Hearing that Marlion will be his mentor is nice to hear. Now come on Stacky, show the world how good you really are

These women were at an event where people had corona virus, lied about their border pass and actually put the community at risk and get community service as the punishment. Didn't even have to pay for hotel quarantine and cost tax payers a few hundred thousand.

Stack in comparison who had been living in a bubble where there was no corona copped 3 weeks in her majesty's hotel and a 6k fine. Never lied to the cops and moved because of a falling out with the family he was initially staying with.

How do you get that conclusion? Lawyer said it but how the fu** would the lawyer know in all honesty how fit he is? Did they do the beep test before the hearing? It was a throw away line that would have been said to highlight the fact he has been restricted in his trade.

Maybe Stack told his lawyer how fit he was.

Three times in WA plus the Gold Coast
Maybe Stack doesn't have much respect for the law, first indigenous bloke ever to not respect the law that took away family members, WA was 1st class at that. Destroyed families, culture, and are still desecrating sacred places as we speak. Wonder how many of his friends and relatives have committed suicide or died at the hands of the law. Wonder how much racism and entrenched bigotry he has grown up with, much of that by the law/poilce. Three times you say, I reckon way more than that.

Maybe Stack doesn't have much respect for the law, first indigenous bloke ever to not respect the law that took away family members, WA was 1st class at that. Destroyed families, culture, and are still desecrating sacred places as we speak. Wonder how many of his friends and relatives have committed suicide or died at the hands of the law. Wonder how much racism and entrenched bigotry he has grown up with, much of that by the law/poilce. Three times you say, I reckon way more than that.
You should enter politics.

i dont even think he wants to play afl footy all that much

if he did he would not be at 25% fitness after everything that has happened and he most certainly wouldnt be having delusional dreams of becoming a rapper in america

given the state of mainstream "hip hop" these days I'd give Sstack half a chance of making it lel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back