Status
Not open for further replies.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe Stack doesn't have much respect for the law, first indigenous bloke ever to not respect the law that took away family members, WA was 1st class at that. Destroyed families, culture, and are still desecrating sacred places as we speak. Wonder how many of his friends and relatives have committed suicide or died at the hands of the law. Wonder how much racism and entrenched bigotry he has grown up with, much of that by the law/poilce. Three times you say, I reckon way more than that.
Point me to the soap box.

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Doubt he plays this year, he’ll be a long way back from the rest of the group fitness wise. Plus with the changes to the game this year he’ll struggle to get into the side because he’s just not a great runner.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Doubt he plays this year, he’ll be a long way back from the rest of the group fitness wise. Plus with the changes to the game this year he’ll struggle to get into the side because he’s just not a great runner.
Not really

8-10 weeks pre season like training regime whilst playing VFL in 4 weeks time
He would be ready to play 'If he works his backside off ' by round 14/15 and well before finals

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
He went out on the piss and got into a fight.

Twice.

Got caught by police not self isolating.

Twice.

He lied to police about the fact he was meant to be isolating

No one made stack do those things

I don’t agree with the punishment he copped but at the end of the day he also needs to be held solely accountable for those actions
Don't hear SS denying any of his misdemeanors...copped his whack...and is ready to come back to the RFC...

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
I mean I can think of a few reasons, but also wonder how we know that he hasn't? And also wonder how why we take a lawyer's comments at face value.

I think indicating that he isn't ready for football and is going to work on his fitness base which is low due to some issues like a month in prison and blah blah is a great PR strategy for them because it immediately wipes out 100 potential articles and tweets speculating a return to football.

It takes the pressure off stack and lets him focus on getting back to football with a little less sh*t storm around him
Tom Percy is a smart cookie. That's exactly what that's about. Taking some pressure off the kid.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
SS was a bit unlucky in the end that his case was about immoral and deplorable activities like skipping quarantine, meaning that he has to cop the criminal record.

If only he had stayed in his quarantine location and instead slugged a girlfriend a few times he could've saved 1000$ and avoided a record.

#yikes

The system truly is just and reasonable for all

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
SS was a bit unlucky in the end that his case was about immoral and deplorable activities like skipping quarantine, meaning that he has to cop the criminal record.

If only he had stayed in his quarantine location and instead slugged a girlfriend a few times he could've saved 1000$ and avoided a record.

#yikes

The system truly is just and reasonable for all
Cool story bro, except he "didn't" have a criminal conviction recorded against him, hence still no criminal record.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
So why did they request a spent conviction if there was no conviction? I'm not a lawyer so I don't understand the nuances of these words.

Simply taking at face value that he had a request for spent conviction declined yet Elijah Taylor had his accepted
Cool story bro, except he "didn't" have a criminal conviction recorded against him, hence still no record.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
So why did they request a spent conviction if there was no conviction? I'm not a lawyer so I don't understand the nuances of these words.

Simply taking at face value that he had a request for spent conviction declined yet Elijah Taylor had his accepted
His spent conviction means the quarantine/jail, charge, denial then granting of bail, then fine etc will still be mandatory on police checks

Now days employers google as well as police check.

Plus being covid related would be viewed entirely different by an employer than a standard criminal action

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
But Stack didn't get granted a spent conviction?

Hence why those things will show up on a criminal record check?

Where as Taylor was given a spent conviction, meaning that his charge of unlawful assault and causing bodily harm won't appear on checks...

Am I missing something in my logic chain?

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Trent Cotchin on Stacky:

BACKING SYDNEY STACK

Cotchin says Sydney Stack has been given the firm message he is running out of chances to transform his life and football career as he prepares to return to Punt Rd. Richmond is thrilled that Stack will on Sunday fly into Melbourne to prepare for his return to football after being fined $6000 for a Perth COVID breach.

The club will give him all the welfare and counselling support it can after a harrowing three-week period in jail and the loss of close family members last year.

But the Tigers are also prepared to dole out some tough love, having told Stack he must respond with the kind of professionalism that has come in fits and starts in his time at Richmond.

Cotchin has spoken with Stack about his return to the club as he prepares to move in with a host family and improve a fitness base he said was only at 25 per cent of AFL level.

He said Richmond had pledged to stand by Stack and would fulfil that promise. “That’s been our goal and focus since everything eventuated,”

“We know Stacky through his journey of living and getting to an AFL club has made some mistakes along the way but our goal for anyone who walks into our footy club is to walk out of the footy club a better person.

“We want to continue to give himself that opportunity to grow and find out about who the real Sydney Stack is and hopefully this last little challenge for him, which has been pretty significant, it’s not a wake-up call but it’s a reminder football can come and go pretty quickly and it’s not just you it’s impacting, it’s impacting a lot of people.

“But we are also willing to help him, and hopefully give him the best opportunity to be the absolute best version of himself.”

Asked if Stack was aware he had to show the professionalism to repay Richmond’s faith, Cotchin said: “Absolutely, and I think he’s got that message very loud and clear

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He just landed in melbourne QF778 from perth
terminal 3 6.52pm.

Welcome Back Sydney Stack

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Stalking Sydney Stack
Have a mate (Carlton supporter) drives hire cars and was picking up at the airport and seen some people wearing richmond gear waiting for that flight
which is usually only half full on sundays. Could only be some club staff you would think

amazing nothing on TV

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Have a mate (Carlton supporter) drives hire cars and was picking up at the airport and seen some people wearing richmond gear waiting for that flight
which is usually only half full on sundays. Could only be some club staff you would think

amazing nothing on TV
Let's hope the plane didn't stop over in Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back