Recommitted Sydney Stack [re-signed for 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol He is not top 3 in his rising star class, and even if he was, his stocks have fallen away badly since then, off field problems aside, he has not set the world alight since.

He came 3rd behind Walsh and Rozee.

He's not even close to the top 10 of 2018, let alone the top 3.

I’m not saying he is.
But he did come 3rd in the rising star that year, and that’s clearly what the other Tigs bloke is referencing.
2018 was a killer draft.

I’m not saying he is.
But he did come 3rd in the rising star that year, and that’s clearly what the other Tigs bloke is referencing.
2018 was a killer draft.

Yes, he came 3rd in the Rising Star 2 years ago.

It's largely irrelevant now though isn't it?

Several players in that top 20 have gone to a few extra levels since then.

I'd argue Stack has largely plateaued.

Guys like Lachie Sholl and James Rowbottom would be 15-20 types in 2018 and they are probably going as good if not better than Stack atm.

He came 3rd behind Walsh and Rozee.

Still had to believe he finished ahead of Bailey Smith that year, and it's not a hindsight thing either Stack tapered away badly in the last couple of months of that season, whereas Bazlenka was consistent all season.

Yes, he came 3rd in the Rising Star 2 years ago.

It's largely irrelevant now though isn't it?

Several players in that top 20 have gone to a few extra levels since then.

I'd argue Stack has largely plateaued.

Guys like Lachie Sholl and James Rowbottom would be 15-20 types in 2018 and they are probably going as good if not better than Stack atm.

Even if he was only top 15-20 from that draft year you’d still expect him to draw interest from other clubs.
Stack got injured at the wrong time in 2019, definitely regressed a fair bit in 2020 then got himself a hefty suspension.
was handy when he made his way back in this year.

Still had to believe he finished ahead of Bailey Smith that year, and it's not a hindsight thing either Stack tapered away badly in the last couple of months of that season, whereas Bazlenka was consistent all season.

Yeah, there were a lot of great nominees that year but Walsh was easily the best and Rozee was a jet too. Stack and Baz would of been fighting over 3s and 2s from most of the judges.

Disregarded the longer offer from another club to take one year at the tigers. Would have been easy and tempting to join his kebab brother. Well done Sid.

For memory Stack had a syndesmosis ankle injury which kept him out for the last third of the year. Which to be fair to you is endemic of a bad tapering away of form :p

One of those situations where it sort of locked in his output and narrative which probably helped him take votes of Bailey Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stack is probably the most natural footballer at the club. He can do it all … elite decision making and doesn’t miss a target.

If he is injury free he’ll begin AA contention playing off HB.
I’m hoping he trains with the mids… I think he will be better up the ground.

Didn't wanna go to north apparently

Neither did Adam Cerra to Richmond
He'll play every game and finish at least top 8 in the b&f.
Here's a sample of the most talented player from the 2018 draft, enjoy.

Having all the talent in the world is no substitute for having character and a strong work ethic like Sam Walsh (for example)

2022 is the last chance saloon for Stack, one more off field scandal, and I think Richmond will cut their losses and sack him, and I don't think another club would pick him up.

He wasn't in the draft. supplemental selection. I agree with the above; in the most talented of that pool, easy.

As reflected in year 1 prior to the injury

He was absolutely horrific in year 2 prior to injury.

So much so the main board were taking the piss and Richmond fans wanted him dumped.

Let’s not re-write history. he’s been bog ordinary since his first season.

He'll play every game and finish at least top 8 in the b&f.
Here's a sample of the most talented player from the 2018 draft, enjoy.

Oh dear...this has gotten me just a liiiitle excited. Great talent!!! He is the clubs wildcard for 2022. If he has his head screwed on right, he will improve us significantly. Almost all his touches are quality.

Having all the talent in the world is no substitute for having character and a strong work ethic like Sam Walsh (for example)

2022 is the last chance saloon for Stack, one more off field scandal, and I think Richmond will cut their losses and sack him, and I don't think another club would pick him up.

Absolutely spot on. Big IF whether he's switched on. But if he is, he and Bolton will re-ignite our midfield.

So much so the main board were taking the piss and Richmond fans wanted him dumped.

Glad you guys have stopped circle jerking over him on your board as well.

Very, very relieved to have kept him. Kid has star qualities and elite ability only so many have, entirely dependant on his mental application and commitment to being the best player he can be.

With the 1 year deal, obviously he has bought in to the fact he needs to prove himself before getting a longer more lucrative contract. Good signs for us. If all goes well, expect another 2 year extension some stage next year.

Somewhat correct.

He was looking like a star in the making in 209.
Confidence seemed to suck out of him at the start of 2020 (I don't think Covid hubs were good for him) an you are right, he was not good in 2020.

2021 started awfully for him being in prison for part of it. Pre-season massively interrupted.
His back end of the season was very good and was getting closer to what we saw in 2019. His last 4 weeks in particular were very good.

A good pre-season this year (and how he deals with his girlfriend being out of state may dictate how that goes) enabling him to hit 2022 with momentum and fitness, and everyone will see how good Stacky is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back